jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Hi everyone,

So I am looking at getting a ported intake manifold from super six motorsports.

My question is as follows:

Since I am running a 2014 GT throttle body and cold air intake, is it possible that I might have to upgrade my stock fuel injectors due to the increased air flow expected from the ported intake? And if so, could I get away with swapping out the stock injectors for the Stock GT injectors?

Thanks,

Jason
Sponsored

shadowsong6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 mustang v6
No need to swap injectors, the intakes aren't moving THAT much air. Your stocks will be fine.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
I ported mine myself. But if ported lots of stuff before. Noticed some nice midrange to top end gains

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
honestly unless u get a great deal on it I don't think the cost weighs in comparison to the gains. my two cents. plus it seems the market for the job is pretty slim to none. all the people who use to do it aren't anymore. maybe a local place?

Last edited:

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Just saw this so I'd thought I'd throw this out there...

Most dyno sheets I've seen see around 15-20HP peak gains with ported upper and lower intakes - these are full bolt on cars if that helps.

I'm running the ported OEM throttle body (77mm) and bought it from Gig's performance (GPE - Gig's Performance Engineering). I searched for the companies rep beforehand - and he stays busy. Couldn't find any bad experiences with him. Very happy with the throttle body, so I was looking and saw he does a ton of porting on LS and other (aftermarket and OEM) intakes. Messaged him and he is charging me $250 to port upper and lower. I paid $160 to Vreeland Ford parts (not far from GPE in CA) for new OEM upper and lower and had them shipped to GPE.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Just saw this so I'd thought I'd throw this out there...

Most dyno sheets I've seen see around 15-20HP peak gains with ported upper and lower intakes - these are full bolt on cars if that helps.

I'm running the ported OEM throttle body (77mm) and bought it from Gig's performance (GPE - Gig's Performance Engineering). I searched for the companies rep beforehand - and he stays busy. Couldn't find any bad experiences with him. Very happy with the throttle body, so I was looking and saw he does a ton of porting on LS and other (aftermarket and OEM) intakes. Messaged him and he is charging me $250 to port upper and lower. I paid $160 to Vreeland Ford parts (not far from GPE in CA) for new OEM upper and lower and had them shipped to GPE.
That's a great find. Post some pics when you get yours complete.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Will running stock exhaust manifolds limit what ported ported upper and lower intake manifolds can do? I've seen the dynos of 10-20hp gains over the curve but I didn't see if they ran the stock exhaust manifolds.

I watched an install of the lower intake and that is pretty involved. Upper intake seemed simple enough. I may do this along with shorties in one go though it'll be done by a shop.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Will running stock exhaust manifolds limit what ported ported upper and lower intake manifolds can do? I've seen the dynos of 10-20hp gains over the curve but I didn't see if they ran the stock exhaust manifolds.

I watched an install of the lower intake and that is pretty involved. Upper intake seemed simple enough. I may do this along with shorties in one go though it'll be done by a shop.
And remember it's upper gains and not the low end we so desperately want, lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Wanted to give an update to this thread....working on porting my own intake manifolds...first picture is of a non-ported runner...the second picture is of a "ported" runner.

The reason I am putting ported in quotes is that the final port matching will not take place until it is put on the car. The reason I am doing this is to minimize the amount that has to be taken off of the cylinder head and prevent "over porting"(see third picture for example of what has to be done if ported too much)

I will also be sanding down the runners in the cylinder head for optimal flow.

I was quite surprised to find that our lower and upper intake manifolds are both plastic instead of the S197 which were aluminum...so it is easier to work with.

More images will follow as progress is made on porting :)
IMG_1303.JPG
IMG_1304.JPG
29314456_10160123027105537_2912166643356401664_n.jpg

MustangWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Mustang V6
Anyone looking to buy a GT 80 mm throttle body with adapter / screws I am selling mine.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Looking good!
Sponsored