z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Talked to Ben. He got the controller and will start on the design tomorrow hopefully.

All email addresses have been sent. He will send out invoices to those 9 who participated.

We are a GO!

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Nice work Andrew. I wish I picked up on the fact that a controller needed to be shipped as I have a spanking new spare I would have shipped to help the cause.

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Thanks for putting this together :thumbsup:
No problem. Win, win, win!

Nice work Andrew. I wish I picked up on the fact that a controller needed to be shipped as I have a spanking new spare I would have shipped to help the cause.
No problem. Dan stepped up and you can still control your car via your phone so no biggie. :headbang:

Sponsored

stealdesk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP Guard Metalic
I am glad this is came up. I have been struggling with those magnetic ball mounts and none of them stay suck to the dash.:frusty:

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
Looks good. I PM'd Ben earlier and he said he would have some pics today.

Looking at the controller on the mount it may be hard to push the air-out button on the controller. It may just be the angle of the camera though.

I wonder if there is a 90 degree mini usb cable so we could run the cable out the back of the controller? Do you know if Ben is going to put the bolt holes through the mount or leave that to the installer?

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Looks good. I PM'd Ben earlier and he said he would have some pics today.

Looking at the controller on the mount it may be hard to push the air-out button on the controller. It may just be the angle of the camera though.

I wonder if there is a 90 degree mini usb cable so we could run the cable out the back of the controller? Do you know if Ben is going to put the bolt holes through the mount or leave that to the installer?
Unsure on your question. It looks as though the bolt holes align with the factory holes for the tray.

I don't have the mount yet. Those are Ben's pics.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I think the hole on the mount he is talking about is if there will be a hole on the back of the mount to fish the mini-usb through.

agreed on the "bottom" row of buttons appearing to be difficult to press. maybe the portion the controller rests on a tad more pushed back and upright? :shrug:

Sponsored

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just paid my invoice.:thumbsup:

Unsure on your question. It looks as though the bolt holes align with the factory holes for the tray.

I don't have the mount yet. Those are Ben's pics.
I was referring to the bolt holes to mount the controller to. There are 4 4-40 threaded holes in the back of the controller for mounting to a flat surface.

From the looks of it the installer will have to drill the holes for mounting in this configuration.

I think the hole on the mount he is talking about is if there will be a hole on the back of the mount to fish the mini-usb through.
This I am sure will also be up to the installer I suppose. I will try and find a 90 degree mini usb for this to help hide the cable behind the mount.

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Found this cable from Walmart.com and ordered one. I will see if it fits our controllers correctly.

StarTech-2m-USB-A-to-Down-Angled-miniUSB-B-Cable

If it works correctly I will just have to pull the top of my console off to change out the cable. I can't remember how far forward the junction in the USB cable is under the console.

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got my mount and controller back today. The 90 degree USB cable I got was the wrong one. I may try to find another. I bought one with a mini USB and the controller takes the micro USB. So I mounted it up with the airlift cable.

I pushed the mount as far forward as possible and there is no problem reaching the bottom buttons. It does block the flap on the power outlet when closed. USB fits the FCIM fine next to the mount. There is not quite enough material size to use the 4-40 mounting bolt holes but Ben did include 2 pieces of double sided tape to mount the controller and that is what I used for now.
Airlift Controller Mount 1.jpg
Airlift Controller Mount.jpg

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I got my mount and controller back today. The 90 degree USB cable I got was the wrong one. I may try to find another. I bought one with a mini USB and the controller takes the micro USB. So I mounted it up with the airlift cable.

I pushed the mount as far forward as possible and there is no problem reaching the bottom buttons. It does block the flap on the power outlet when closed. USB fits the FCIM fine next to the mount. There is not quite enough material size to use the 4-40 mounting bolt holes but Ben did include 2 pieces of double sided tape to mount the controller and that is what I used for now.
Yeah that looks and performs exactly as I wanted it to. How much space to the dash USB port behind it?

I bought a right 90 degree cable for that port so I can then custom mount a USB-C dock in one of my cup holders for my phone for Android Auto.

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah that looks and performs exactly as I wanted it to. How much space to the dash USB port behind it?

I bought a right 90 degree cable for that port so I can then custom mount a USB-C dock in one of my cup holders for my phone for Android Auto.
It doesn't have much space back there . I have it pushed as far back as the mounting holes would allow for easier access to the lower controller buttons.

I bought a 90 degree adapter for the USB for my phone as well but when I checked it last night it points towards the driver's side. I need to pull the bezel and see if I can flip the FCIM USB cable. I am using a .5M USB A to C for my Android phone and have the magic mount up by the sync 3 screen.

I still need to see if I can find a micro 90 degree USB for the controller so I can run the cable thru the controller mount and hide the wire better. The new mount also has a back to it so there is an empty cavity inside the mount to run the cable thru.
Sponsored