Sponsored

Steeda Stainless Steel Brake Lines

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
All,

I'm looking at adding Braided Steel brake lines to my '17GT.

Being that I'll be upgrading the front calipers from stock 4-pot to 6-pot Brembos, and pads for all corners, why not change the lines while I'm in there?

There's cheaper out there but you get what you pay for. Plus, I want a true bolt-in set with factory ends. Lots of different manufs out there, but I trust Steeda. There is only one review on that product page and the guy seemed to have a legitimate concern. Posted yesterday, in fact.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-stainless-braided-brake-lines-2015-gt-555-6027.html

Has anyone installed these brake lines on their S550? Any issues with fitment or anything else?
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
All,

I'm looking at adding Braided Steel brake lines to my '17GT.

Being that I'll be upgrading the front calipers from stock 4-pot to 6-pot Brembos, and pads for all corners, why not change the lines while I'm in there?

There's cheaper out there but you get what you pay for. Plus, I want a true bolt-in set with factory ends. Lots of different manufs out there, but I trust Steeda. There is only one review on that product page and the guy seemed to have a legitimate concern. Posted yesterday, in fact.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-stainless-braided-brake-lines-2015-gt-555-6027.html

Has anyone installed these brake lines on their S550? Any issues with fitment or anything else?
Were you able to work with Rod on the brake lines?

TJ

OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Yes, I was and they are on their way to me. Thanks for your help. Rod verified that yes, these lines will work with 6-pot Brembos without issue. I am hoping for an absolutely bolt-on install, utilizing OEM mount points, etc.

I'm a straightforward person, so I'll add that I'm also hoping I don't encounter the banjo bolt hole alignment issue that the one reviewer encountered. I don't necessarily doubt his story, but think maybe he got a one-off set with a manufacturing defect? Steeda makes the some of the highest quality parts out there for Mustangs and I know you stand by your products.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
[MENTION=29008]mikes2017gt[/MENTION] I made the same choice for the same reasons. Soon, when I replace my brake lines, I will be using the Steeda brake lines.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=29008]mikes2017gt[/MENTION] I made the same choice for the same reasons. Soon, when I replace my brake lines, I will be using the Steeda brake lines.
We'll, be ready!

TJ

Sponsored

OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
@mikes2017gt I made the same choice for the same reasons. Soon, when I replace my brake lines, I will be using the Steeda brake lines.
I'll let you know how it goes. The brake lines should be here tomorrow and my Tasca order with the Brembos shipped today. I already have the PowerStop rotors front/rear and Z26 pads.

So late next week I should have all the parts in my hands. First thing I'm doing is matching up the brake line with the Brembo to ensure it fits correctly.

Second thing is unbolting one of the stock 4-pot calipers, setting it aside and bolting in a Brembo caliper to ensure the optional 20" Foundry wheels clear the calipers. There is a thread on this forum that shows that they do, but it's very close. I want to see for myself before I disconnect anything. Hope I don't need spacers.

OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Well, it appears that the guy who left the review on the product page was correct. There is a 1.1mm difference in width between the left (driver's) and right (passenger) side front banjo bolts. Tried to test-fit the brake lines to my Brembo 6-piston (PP) calipers.

The right side front bolts to the caliper just fine. The bolt goes in straight and the banjo bolt seats easily and properly.

The left side front, you cannot get the bolt to go in easily/straight b/c the banjo bolt hangs up on the "ledge" near the attachment point.

Pics or it didn't happen? OK. I had already packed the calipers up, but this should show it pretty clearly.

Note the height difference.
size%20diff2_zpscjmryfig.jpg

Another shot.
size%20diff1_zpsckqnh0bu.jpg

Width of banjo bolt that fits (right)
smaller%20banjo%20measurement_zpsq1uw78da.jpg

Width of banjo bolt that does not fit (left)
larger%20banjo%20measurement_zpsq34qhfh5.jpg

I just emailed Steeda through the website. There wasn't an option to attach pics; I asked for an email addy to send the pics to. I'm hoping this is an "Oh no!" moment and they can pull the product off the shelves and get it fixed. Would be nice to get it fixed in the next few days so I can install this weekend!

Paging @tj@steeda and @SteedaTech

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Mike,

We are here for you ... send me your order number & contact info to [email protected].

We'll get this handled.

Best Regards,

TJ

OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Hello Mike,

We are here for you ... send me your order number & contact info to [email protected].

We'll get this handled.

Best Regards,

TJ
Thanks, TJ. I will send you the pics too. I realize stuff happens. If I can help fix the issue for others, I'm happy about that. :)

OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Done. Order info and pics sent to you. Now THIS is customer service! If every other vendor for everything I buy was this good, I'd have nothing to complain about. :D

Sponsored

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Did steeda revise the item to fix this issue? Been thinking about these lines myself.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Did steeda revise the item to fix this issue? Been thinking about these lines myself.
Yes, they did. They notified their supplier that there was an issue. Shame my Photobucket account is toast, but the pics showed the front lines having two different ends...the part the banjo bolt goes through. One fit, the other did not. Obviously a supplier/builder error...why would you install two differently sized banjo bolt ends on a set for the same car?

Anyway, Steeda is great; they sent me a whole new set, which was really nice of them when all I needed was one line replaced.

Here's one bolted to the front, right Brembo that is supposed to be installed on my GT already. Nothing wrong with the parts now...my life needs reprioritizing. ;)
IMG_20170908_214608674 (Large).jpg

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, all set. Let me know If I can help assist!

TJ

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Nice thread.. been looking the last couple days for SS brake lines to upgrade when doing the swap.

Upgrading my 17 GT PP Brembo Brakes to the gt350r brake setup front and rear.

I assume the fronts and rear should work?

As the stock brake lines will install no problems on the new Brembo gt350r calipers from the PP Brembo's brakes front and rear.

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black 5.0 Vert
I'll let you know how it goes. The brake lines should be here tomorrow and my Tasca order with the Brembos shipped today. I already have the PowerStop rotors front/rear and Z26 pads.

So late next week I should have all the parts in my hands. First thing I'm doing is matching up the brake line with the Brembo to ensure it fits correctly.

Second thing is unbolting one of the stock 4-pot calipers, setting it aside and bolting in a Brembo caliper to ensure the optional 20" Foundry wheels clear the calipers. There is a thread on this forum that shows that they do, but it's very close. I want to see for myself before I disconnect anything. Hope I don't need spacers.
What else do you need to convert to brembos from 4 piston calipers?
Sponsored