tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
So, driving home last night, hit a pot hole and this happens. Obviously this tyre is scrap, but both fronts are MPSS with only about 6000 miles on them

Can't seem to get any replacements - Michelin confirmed the MPSS is discontinued (and really need it done today) so what's the best alternative?

PS4S unobtainium at the moment.

Would like to only replace the one tyre if poss !
WP_20180320_10_30_03_Pro.jpg
Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
If you can’t get Michelin then I have used Goodyear F1, could also be easier to find

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Fcking hate potholes... atleast I'm not the only one now :O!

I have 2 Pzero's lying in the garage, as I assume you might too, so they're worthwhile as a short term fix.

I believe some rate the conti contactsports. But I can't give you my thoughts as I don't have / used them.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Get whatever used tire you can get for the time being and wait for the PS4S to arrive.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
PS4S is available, just shop around.

Next equal performing tyre is the continental but those don't last as long as cost same money.

OP
OP
tooley

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Thanks for the help guys

I did see the MyTyres stock but they couldn't deliver until Friday at the earliest so bailed out on that.

Went with plan B - 2 new Conti sport contact 6's fitted tomorrow and keep the other MPSS as a spare

Have used Conti's before on my A5 and they are pretty good so will see how it goes.

May have to buy a MY18 to get the PS4s :D:D

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Thanks for the help guys

I did see the MyTyres stock but they couldn't deliver until Friday at the earliest so bailed out on that.

Went with plan B - 2 new Conti sport contact 6's fitted tomorrow and keep the other MPSS as a spare

Have used Conti's before on my A5 and they are pretty good so will see how it goes.

They are better than MPSS in wet, same in dry as the new CSC6 is a rival to PS4S and they trade blows with each other. Only downside of the Conti is wear, they do not last long but as they are on the front, you should be fine.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
camskill have both mpss and mps4s in stock

23TGrabberBlue

Grabber Blue Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY2017 EcoBoost Grabber Blue
Thanks for the help guys

Unfortunately, it appears that the cars that have arrived in the UK so far all have the same PZeros as the 15-17 cars. Unless someone else knows otherwise??

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Unfortunately, it appears that the cars that have arrived in the UK so far all have the same PZeros as the 15-17 cars. Unless someone else knows otherwise??
The cars I saw this morning at Think Ford are on Michelins.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
2018 5.0 all have Michelin

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
2018's a deal was struck with ford and michellin to provided specifically mustang Pilot sport 4s compound tyres.

The 15-17 had Pzeros.

As for clarity. 2018 is the model year (or the refresh), 15-17 is the model variant you have and includes the three variants of this, the original, the original with fins inside the wing mirrors, and that + sync 3. Not the year. As you can have a plate registered My17 with a 2018 reg plate.

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
Manders you mention fins inside the wing mirrors. My car deliverd May '16 has 4 horizontal raised lines about 20mm long on the inside edges of the mirror casing. If this is what you refer to any idea of function?
Sponsored