OP
EcoVert

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone tried to configure a California Special Yet? I am trying to configure it in Ruby Red and it keeps switching to black if I want the CS package. There are not any color restrictions on the CS is there? I certainly hope not! :paddle::paddle:
I tried it only can do Race Red, Kona Blue, Oxford White, Shadow Black and Ingot Silver
Sponsored

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
I tried it only can do Race Red, Kona Blue, Oxford White, Shadow Black and Ingot Silver

Oh for goodness sakes Ford please stop restricting colors if this is the case!
I had a 17 CS Ruby Red which was awesome. I like Kona Blue too but Ruby Red does it for me! Please make a CS in Ruby Red.....

OP
OP
EcoVert

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 17 CS Ruby Red which was awesome. I like Kona Blue too but Ruby Red does it for me! Please make a CS in Ruby Red.....
Check your dealer sometimes the configutor isn't always correct on options and colors

gnatsuM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I agree, they should also make available all their color palates they have on different models. Would love Leadfoot Grey, can get it on the Shelby, F150, etc, but not the Mustang....

OP
OP
EcoVert

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well you can get Need for Green with the funky stripe on PP1 but you can't change the wheels and you can get it on PP2
Green1 (2).png

Sponsored

OP
OP
EcoVert

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, they should also make available all their color palates they have on different models. Would love Leadfoot Grey, can get it on the Shelby, F150, etc, but not the Mustang....
I'd love to see Mustang in Hot Pepper Red that's on the Focus

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
It’s because of the CS interior stitching - Ford will not combine certain interior colors/stitching with certain exterior colors. The ruby red won’t go with the bright red stitching of the interior for the CS, just like how on a GT you cannot get ruby red with the showstopper red interior. Obviously, Ford should just have multiple interior options for the CS to solve this. :(

OP
OP
EcoVert

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just built a Ruby Red GT with Show Stopper Red interior
Mustang red interior (2).png

Sponsored

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
Check your dealer sometimes the configutor isn't always correct on options and colors
It's correct. Here's a screen shot of the available colors for the 2019 California Special. Unavailable colors are grayed-out.
2019_California_Special.jpg

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
It's correct. Here's a screen shot of the available colors for the 2019 California Special. Unavailable colors are grayed-out.
So weird. Between that, the ugly decal on the center of the door and no magneride... screw the CS! :p

OP
OP
EcoVert

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you build a Ecoboost convertible Mustang regular or premium you can get Need for Green with out the funky stripe. On the regular Ecoboost you get the 051a wheels with the premium you can only have the 18" machined face wheels.
Need EcoVert (2).png

Last edited:

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
It’s because of the CS interior stitching - Ford will not combine certain interior colors/stitching with certain exterior colors. The ruby red won’t go with the bright red stitching of the interior for the CS, just like how on a GT you cannot get ruby red with the showstopper red interior. Obviously, Ford should just have multiple interior options for the CS to solve this. :(

Actually this is exactly what I had with my 2017 CS in Ruby Red and it looked great! It had the Miko seats with the red stitching. I honestly think Ford loves to screw with people. It's no extra cost to give the people what they want. If the interior doesn't quite match well that is a matter of taste isn't it? Not all color combos go well in my opinion but that should be up to the consumer and not dictated by the manufacturer. It's total crap that one year all colors are available for a certain model and then the next year they are not. Total nonsense!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
Sponsored