Sponsored

Did I really burn through 5 quarts of oil in 1 yr/3,500 miles?

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
no thanks. ill continue to monitor their work. you do your thang, ill do mine.
Sponsored

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Just change our own oil. I got a free one from the dealer when I bought my car. Not even going to use it. Sounds like they screwed you and topped up only 5 quarts instead of 8.

Friends F150 they forgot to even add oil. his engine blew and they checked the dipstick it was bone dry. He's been driving a rental truck for 3 weeks now. They still havent fixed it yet. Truck has less than 15k miles on it.

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
Just change our own oil. I got a free one from the dealer when I bought my car. Not even going to use it. Sounds like they screwed you and topped up only 5 quarts instead of 8.

Friends F150 they forgot to even add oil. his engine blew and they checked the dipstick it was bone dry. He's been driving a rental truck for 3 weeks now. They still havent fixed it yet. Truck has less than 15k miles on it.
Same, there's no way I'm letting someone handle a vital component of my car when it's easy to do myself.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Oil Level Check...

I would recommend that you check the oil level more often than once a year. Reminds me of my sister who bought a used car years ago. She asked me why the temp warning light kept coming on. I checked and the radiator was nearly empty. I asked her when was the last time she checked the coolant level. She said "don't they check the level each time you buy gas?" I got her to have her son check oil/coolant/windshield fluid at least once a month.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
the way i remember my first oil change is that the standard $40 is for 5 quarts, and then they add 3 quarts price afterwards on the receipt. Now if they only did 5 quarts they fucked up

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
idk what's worse. The dealer forgot to put in enough oil or the guy drove 4500 miles without checking oil level once.
Sponsored