Sponsored

TPMS sync issues (2016 base model GT)

Dseck63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey guys I tried searching this but didn't have much luck in doing what some people said in fact worked for them.

I switched over to the gt350 wheels and were given the new sensors to put on them. They were by Ford Manufacturing and were brand new in the bag. I had them put on and the tire installer said he couldn't get them to scan. I figured it was the tool so I bought the Ford TPMS sensor tool thinknig it would work however it has not.

I find myself putting the car in auxillary mode if that is what it is called and when I'm told to train the front left tire first I get nothing no matter where I hold this remote. The wierd thing is after the car has been sitting for 10-12 hours or so the car will automatically pick up the sensors and give me the readings but after about 20 miles or so it shits out on me giving me the error again.

Anyone have this issue?
Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Hey guys I tried searching this but didn't have much luck in doing what some people said in fact worked for them.

I switched over to the gt350 wheels and were given the new sensors to put on them. They were by Ford Manufacturing and were brand new in the bag. I had them put on and the tire installer said he couldn't get them to scan. I figured it was the tool so I bought the Ford TPMS sensor tool thinknig it would work however it has not.

I find myself putting the car in auxillary mode if that is what it is called and when I'm told to train the front left tire first I get nothing no matter where I hold this remote. The wierd thing is after the car has been sitting for 10-12 hours or so the car will automatically pick up the sensors and give me the readings but after about 20 miles or so it shits out on me giving me the error again.

Anyone have this issue?
That's the strange part. I run a winter wheel and tire combo w/o TPMS and it takes a good 20 minutes to get the light to illuminate.
Any chance you have a second set of wheels close by with the sensors installed that your car is picking up, too?

D24112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 MT
It doesn't pick up the sensors, you will get the same result if you run tires with no sensors. I think its a function of miles not time.

OP
OP
Dseck63

Dseck63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That's the strange part. I run a winter wheel and tire combo w/o TPMS and it takes a good 20 minutes to get the light to illuminate.
Any chance you have a second set of wheels close by with the sensors installed that your car is picking up, too?
It's possible when I leave the house all my neighbors are parked near my car. Plus my old wheels are about 30-40 feet away in the garage. The light always turns on at the same spot, everytime I'm on my way to work when on the freeway. It's definately a distance timed error, I imagine its a certain amount of mileage over the time driving.

It doesn't pick up the sensors, you will get the same result if you run tires with no sensors. I think its a function of miles not time.
I should have read your response before responding to his haha. You hit the nail on the head. I've been told by a service tech I know for Ford that the computer needs to be programmed for the new sensors so that my tool will allow me to scan them.

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have the same issue. Car sits overnight and new TPMS are picked. Driveabout 20 mins and light comes on.

Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
I have the same issue. Car sits overnight and new TPMS are picked. Driveabout 20 mins and light comes on.
Exact same issue here...HELP! HELP! HELP!

It's like it's picking up the signal from my other set of wheels at home, then 20 miles into the road it faults out. Funny thing is, when it's working well it actually measures the pressure, it increases 1psi after some aggressive driving, making me think that actually, the sensor is somehow measuring and sending signals. :frusty::frusty::frusty:

Tried all the resetting methods I've found on the internet, at this point I'm frustrated.

OP
OP
Dseck63

Dseck63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I will let you know what I find out from Ford tomorrow. It's irritating as hell

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yes please let us know what you find out. Thanks

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
From the info I have gathered from all over the forums, it seems that "our" TPMS sensors are not working. It'd be nice to know why they aren't working, either faulty, dead, wrong PN, or just incompatibility. My wheels came from a S197, that's one factor for sure.

I'm planning on getting a new set for when I change tires...thankfully only affects my autocross tires, I can always switch to my street setup for long trips.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I will let you know what I find out from Ford tomorrow. It's irritating as hell
Yes, please let us know. This is probably my #1 concern why I haven’t bought any wheels and tires.

Sponsored

D24112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 MT
This is from Tire Rack

"swapping off Tire & Wheel Package for winter or summer use, the sensors inside your wheel and tire assembly will not adapt to the car's frequency, but rather require a simple wake up using a triggering tool. In order to avoid trips to the Ford dealership, we provide a FORDTRIGGER tool that…"

https://www.tirerack.com/tpms/detail.jsp?&ID=170&ID=170

OP
OP
Dseck63

Dseck63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This is from Tire Rack

"swapping off Tire & Wheel Package for winter or summer use, the sensors inside your wheel and tire assembly will not adapt to the car's frequency, but rather require a simple wake up using a triggering tool. In order to avoid trips to the Ford dealership, we provide a FORDTRIGGER tool that…"

https://www.tirerack.com/tpms/detail.jsp?&ID=170&ID=170
Just to update everyone I bought this tool up there, but through Amazon prior to seeing the link and while it's supposed to work it didn't. I called Ford to make the appointment a while back and got wrapped up in my extended warranty issues due to the transfer not happening.

That's neither her nor there, what I wanted to say is after speaking to a service advisor for Ford he wanted to see my car for programming. He said what we all thought was the case is probably true and that the TPMS sensors are not being picked up because they aren't registering with the ecu as they should. I will be making my appointment tomorrow hopefully if I find time to do it at work, even if I have to stretch it out a few weeks.
Sponsored