Sponsored

NewMustang's GT - The Ruby Red Wonder

GTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Yes, my car isn't to be delivered any time soon, but it's fun to already look for these "goodies". Don't know if I will order from the US though, shipping cost will be high and then also import taxes/duties... Have had previous experience with buying in the US and paying more for shipping and taxes than the value of the item itself . Don't know if stuff like this will also become available to buy in Europe...
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Yes, my car isn't to be delivered any time soon, but it's fun to already look for these "goodies". Don't know if I will order from the US though, shipping cost will be high and then also import taxes/duties... Have had previous experience with buying in the US and paying more for shipping and taxes than the value of the item itself . Don't know if stuff like this will also become available to buy in Europe...
This is the question. I imagine a lot of it certainly will become available - mats, LEDs, etc - but when? With European cars being delivered to owners they should be available now. No point in having rubber mats once the carpets are ruined...

I'm thinking of putting in an order to CJP for LEDs, the rubber mats and boot liner, some spacers and possibly springs and the strut brace so i'd imagine they'll become available in the EU as soon as i've committed to that :doh:

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
This is the question. I imagine a lot of it certainly will become available - mats, LEDs, etc - but when? With European cars being delivered to owners they should be available now. No point in having rubber mats once the carpets are ruined...

I'm thinking of putting in an order to CJP for LEDs, the rubber mats and boot liner, some spacers and possibly springs and the strut brace so i'd imagine they'll become available in the EU as soon as i've committed to that :doh:
I found a Ford garage in the UK that seems to supply the 'trunk' mats and a few other bits and bobs. Not much useful stuff but loads of crap in their 'boutique' section. I'm sure I saw go-kart and a ÂŁ3K pinball machine in there!? Ironically you can buy a Mustang mug for ÂŁ20. Most other sections (e.g. wheels) are empty. See link below. I'm trying to resist buying so I don't have a huge rubber boot mat taking up space in the house for 3 months.

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/c/protection_and_tools_1627/

Don't forget to order RHD for the footwell mats! Not sure CJP will have these? I seem to recall a Japanese accessories brochure posted on this forum, which had RHD mats, so they must exist though.

Murkel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang V6 2014 - Club of America Edition
Nice looking car! Congrats! :)

Actually I am surprised, I thought they only ship the Mustang with Performance Package in Germany and, at least here in the US, you only get the PP with manual transmission! How come you have an automatic?

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I just bought new Borla exhaust and trunk liner direct from the USA.... Shipping was $250, but it was the same just for the Borla, the trunk liner didn't increase shipping...

I'm looking into getting some Steeda drop links and anti wheel hop kit, but there's no way I'll be buying from Steeda UK... Their prices are crazy..:crazy::crazy:

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Don't forget to order RHD for the footwell mats! Not sure CJP will have these? I seem to recall a Japanese accessories brochure posted on this forum, which had RHD mats, so they must exist though.
Aha! Thanks for that. It may have occurred to me but equally it might not :thumbsup:

OP
OP
NewMustangDE

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
Nice looking car! Congrats! :)

Actually I am surprised, I thought they only ship the Mustang with Performance Package in Germany and, at least here in the US, you only get the PP with manual transmission! How come you have an automatic?

Thanks!

Different market i guess. Also, mine is a 2015 model when also the US could have PP with auto. Cant really understand why they have deleted this combo in the US :crazy:

Personally i prefer automatic and i find this one to be quite good and is, supposedly, quicker than the manual anyway. Its also much better on fuel and our silly EU CO2 emissions taxation :frusty: at least for Germany and the UK.

R3troGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe - 2019 RAM 1500 BH
Toller Wagen. Hab viel Spass

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Thanks!

Different market i guess. Also, mine is a 2015 model when also the US could have PP with auto. Cant really understand why they have deleted this combo in the US :crazy:

Personally i prefer automatic and i find this one to be quite good and is, supposedly, quicker than the manual anyway. Its also much better on fuel and our silly EU CO2 emissions taxation :frusty: at least for Germany and the UK.
The AT shifting is very smooth and fast, loving it! The fuel economy is still dropping as well.

OP
OP
NewMustangDE

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
The AT shifting is very smooth and fast, loving it! The fuel economy is still dropping as well.
Mine is very smooth...ok, nothing like my A6's 8-speeder but that is a different story.

As for economu, yes, this is getting better by the day. Only have 200 kms on the clock so farvand today i managed 13.7 l going to my office. Saying that, its a V8 with 421 hp.... :D

Also installed my quicklift hood struts today...pics tomorrow.

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Mine is very smooth...ok, nothing like my A6's 8-speeder but that is a different story.

As for economu, yes, this is getting better by the day. Only have 200 kms on the clock so farvand today i managed 13.7 l going to my office. Saying that, its a V8 with 421 hp.... :D

Also installed my quicklift hood struts today...pics tomorrow.
Almost at 700KM, this car is addictive, been wasting money on gas like there's no tomorrow...

So the quick lift works with deployable bonnet after all?

Sauron_EH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 156 & Mustang Fastback Ecoboost
[MENTION=16428]NewMustangDE[/MENTION] : where did you get the LED lights please? USA also?
Anyway, led lights are easy to find in here too. Changing regular bulbs with leds is very usual nowadays. You only need to check each bulb type in the manual. It will be cheaper for sure.

Congratz [MENTION=16428]NewMustangDE[/MENTION]! Good pics and lot of accessories!!!

OP
OP
NewMustangDE

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
Anyway, led lights are easy to find in here too. Changing regular bulbs with leds is very usual nowadays. You only need to check each bulb type in the manual. It will be cheaper for sure.

Congratz @NewMustangDE! Good pics and lot of accessories!!!

The bulbs for trunk, glove compartment and reading lights are all W5W. No idea how strong, but they certainly work magic. Now you can actually see inside of the car! ;)

Sauron_EH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 156 & Mustang Fastback Ecoboost
The bulbs for trunk, glove compartment and reading lights are all W5W. No idea how strong, but they certainly work magic. Now you can actually see inside of the car! ;)
Yes, i changed them in my Alfa Romeo some years ago and the difference is amazing. Overall in the trunk.
W5W LED for instance is very common and easy to find in the market (ebay, amazon...).

Reactions: GTI
OP
OP
NewMustangDE

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
So last night, while wife and dog keeping me company, I mounted the Quicklift Elite Hood Struts. Easy and looks good but most important, it works! The hood on the Mustang weigh a tonne....

First, battery cover of (easy).

Both mounted. Took 20 mins!

The fender.

Bonnet.

Proof that it stay open...also much easier to close :)

Sponsored