Sponsored

Jacking up the rear of the Car (Floor Jack)

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Anyone near Hershey, PA?

If so, Please drive over to Shenkey's. I hope you don't find him crushed under his Mustang! :eyebulge:

He was last seen pretty regularly on this thread 1/4/15 and prior. He was gonna get back to us on what he found out.

I am worried about Shenkey! :eyebulge:

Or maybe he is just old, like me and forgot... :shrug: ;)

Well-here I am spending money again-LOL
I have received : 4-jack assist 3" high ramps from RACE RAMPS-That raises the car enough to get the jack under to reach the front and rear subframe beams.
That"s as far as I have gotten.
Since the car is on ramps-set parking brake ! Jack front end up first to prevent ramp roll off!
I can see points on the subframe that should be no problem at all to jack on with the Beam attachment for a standard floor jack.You will actually be lifting from 2 points-thus balancing the weight between 2 points instead of 1 point. Then put the jackstands on the rocker jack/lift points.I plan to use some rubber between the stands and the flange to try and prevent paint chipping.
I have just ordered a Beam attachment from Summit Racing Equipment-should have by end of week.
The RACE RAMPS are on ebay -not cheap but a nice product.Check them out.
Once I actually work this all out-I will post photos.
Since I have worked in the automotive field all my life and was a service manager for quite a few years-I will only post photos once I am sure all is SAFE.
Kinda surprises me that the BIG Mustang parts venders/parts installers don't jump on here and post how to videos-but maybe it's the liability thing. All the videos I have seen -the car is on a modern lift. So-I'll back with more when ready.
Number one thing-BE SAFE!
Number two thing- report back (we miss you dude). :lol:
Sponsored

Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP
If you or anyone else gets this cross beam, please review it here (and on Amazon). Looks good.
I bought at Harbor freight its on sale 35 bucks till the end of the month. Looks like it will work, just too frigging cold in NJ to start messing around. So as soon as I can I'll let you know if it works

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yeh $70 for one cross beam of metal is expensive. Just be smart and don't put your head/body under there without jack stands.

I question some Harbor Freight quality, but this piece I dont see an issue using Harbor's version for half the price.

Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP
Yeh $70 for one cross beam of metal is expensive. Just be smart and don't put your head/body under there without jack stands.

I question some Harbor Freight quality, but this piece I dont see an issue using Harbor's version for half the price.
LOL...No the jack puts the car on my race ramp blocks, or jack stands. Yes Harbor is usually shit, but this is made by the jack company and seems good quality. Welds seem clean.

scottryla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic PP GT
Ok, so has anyone put the car on 4 jack stands for a day or so? If so how did you do it? I need to pull all 4 wheels off for a couple hours to polish, and do my G Trac brace, and sway bars this weekend.

Sponsored

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
have not put up on jack stands..... still waiting on others to see what they came up with before i do mine....i want to take all 4 wheels off also.

pocketchange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ok, so has anyone put the car on 4 jack stands for a day or so? If so how did you do it? I need to pull all 4 wheels off for a couple hours to polish, and do my G Trac brace, and sway bars this weekend.
I did to swap tires, left it there for a couple days. Jacked up the passenger side on the pinch weld using a hockey puck (prevent damage to pinch point) about a foot behind the mirror. It put a very slight amount of pressure on the black ground effects piece but no damage, I did it between the two attachment points of the ground effect. I put rear jack stand in the jack point/pinch weld right in front of rear wheel and then put the other jack stand where the two bolts are mounting the engine subframe. Repeat for other side.

Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP
I used the cross beam and it actually was pretty good...

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
jackpoint jackstands

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]bgsZmjkPCM0[/MEDIA]"]

Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads