1989 upgrade to 2015 GT PP

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
I kept my coupe. I would not sell it for anything. My wife knows and respects that. The S550 has been a great choice and I like driving it, but there is just something about a foxbody with some power.
Yup Yup! Kept the '93 and the '83 to go with the '15!! Something about a turbo four-cylinder keeps me comin' back! :D
Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Eeeww Fox body so gross.

It may be gross but the Fox Body was at the forefront of the modern performance movement in the late 80's/ early 90's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
It may be gross but the Fox Body was at the forefront of the modern performance movement in the late 80's/ early 90's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to mention single handedly spawning an entire bolt on aftermarket performance business that now spans nearly all makes and models.

OP
OP
Don

Don

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP, Wipple Stage 2
I would never sell a classic mustang. Keep that one! if you want just get the new mustang. I am thinking of having my 67 as a get away from technology car.
Yup Yup! Kept the '93 and the '83 to go with the '15!!
Keeping it would've been great and I am envious that you guys are able to hang on to yours. The fact is when I weighed out the pro's and con's, there was a long list of con's and only a few pro's that fell into the category of "sentimental value". I made the right decision, though it was a tough one.

Your 1989 is one of the best restored fox bodies I've seen. Do you have more pictures of it somewhere?
Here's a few more pics including one on a dyno and the motor before it went in.
IMG_1010-Edit.jpg
IMG_0935.jpg
IMG_0107.JPG

Sponsored

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
I would have skipped the 15 and kept that 89 if I could only have one. That Fox is NICE

OP
OP
Don

Don

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP, Wipple Stage 2
It's nice to hear so many say that they would've kept it. A testament to the love I showed that car for so many years.

SVTFreak --- I love notchbacks. Always wanted one.

Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hello, new guy here. Been lurking for a while, waiting for my car to arrive.

It's sad to see my 89 go, especially since I bought it new and had 20+ years worth of custom/performance parts in it. Hopefully the new GT PP will keep me from getting too emotional about it. I included a pic of where it sits now, on the dealer's showroom floor.

Welcome to the forum, Don; congratulations on your new GT PP!

Thanks for sharing; those are both fantastic beasts. :D

I'm your Ford Motor Company rep on here. Just send me a PM if you have any questions in the future.

Rachel

midnite9150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GT
I went from a '91LX WITH tfs H/C/I, a bunch of maximum motorsports suspension with coilovers, torque arm, panhard bar etc to a '12 V6 PP and performance was nearly the same in a far more reliable package, but yet there was always a feeling of missing the fox experience...

Theres something about foxes that people who have never owned one don't get

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Theres something about foxes that people who have never owned one don't get

Very very well said

Mine is H/C/I also. Made 310 whp. Solid low 12 second car on drag radials. And munches t5's like candy lol. One day I'll swap but the t5 feel just goes with the fox. I can change them in 2 hours now only getting out from under car once (to set old one down and put new one on my chest lol). And an absolute kick in the pants to drive. And I get tons of people come to talk to me. Many either wanted one in high school or their dad had one when they where younger. A lot like people my age felt about the 60's cars.

Tele5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015, PP, GT
Wow! Yes it is! But.....why does that lower grill look different than mine???? Mine has the same hole design as on top on the bottom as well. Is this a trim deal?

Holy crap! That little photo session is sexy!!!

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow! Yes it is! But.....why does that lower grill look different than mine???? Mine has the same hole design as on top on the bottom as well. Is this a trim deal?

ACC gets the LE/50th AP style lower.
Sponsored