Sponsored

DEEP IMPACT BLUE S550 MUSTANG Thread

Hockeypucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST
The PP is a must for me for the rest of the content, but I absolutely HATE the black wheels.

Once I get mine I'll be looking for a set of the 20s, as I also think they are one of the best looking factory wheels since the Magnum 500.
I've never understood the fascination with black wheels. I don't think any style on any car looks good. Might as well ride on donuts with steelies since they look like black blobs when in motion. But that's just me ha. I'm glad car companies are finally making stock wheels worthy of keeping but I'll skip the black wheel option every time. I'm loving this color car the more I see it. Looking forward to the spring when there are more on the road, though I've seen a surprising amount here in MI so far...
Sponsored

WestRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3
I think Ford made a mistake of having all black wheels for PP option. So many people either already swapped out the wheels for after market or in the process of doing so.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Not to mention they are expensive to replace. Saw a PP GT today at the dealership that had been spun and ran over a curb and busted both right side wheels. $1200 and $1600 for a front and rear according to the service guy.

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
I think Ford made a mistake of having all black wheels for PP option. So many people either already swapped out the wheels for after market or in the process of doing so.

Yeah I totally agree with you on this one as it seems so many others on here are also not a fan of only black wheels for the PP. I'm hoping that in 2016 they make the gunmetal color wheels as an option. We were all teased in early pre production pics when we saw both the PP gunmetal wheels on the GT and Eco.

They are available from Ford Racing now,,,but I'd rather have them on the car when I buy it !!!

Sponsored

Voodoo

Elite Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car
PErformamce packages have black wheels because they are meant for racing. Black wheels are ideal for racing because they masks break dusts well compared to chrome and metallic colored wheels. Ford didn't use black wheels for the PP package just because they think it looks good, they did it for a logical reason.

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
PErformamce packages have black wheels because they are meant for racing. Black wheels are ideal for racing because they masks break dusts well compared to chrome and metallic colored wheels. Ford didn't use black wheels for the PP package just because they think it looks good, they did it for a logical reason.

ummmm......:shrug:

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Me thinks the number of people that will take their PP to the track is not a big percentage, but I have been wrong in the past, just do not remember when :). I think black with a brushed accent would have looked nicer, similar to the wheels and stripes package on the Eco base. Again, just my opinion. I am partial to the 19" premium wheels, but I can see why folks like the 20's.

Chris

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
Me thinks the number of people that will take their PP to the track is not a big percentage, but I have been wrong in the past, just do not remember when :). I think black with a brushed accent would have looked nicer, similar to the wheels and stripes package on the Eco base. Again, just my opinion. I am partial to the 19" premium wheels, but I can see why folks like the 20's.

Chris
The stock pads are pretty dusty, on track or off.

I still haven't quite decided DIB vs Magnetic. Need to do that one of these days.

WestRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3
Well 99% of time the car will be driven on the streets. I suppose the logical thing is having the wheels for those 99% of time.

Sponsored

Koncealed

Koncealed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
The PP is a must for me for the rest of the content, but I absolutely HATE the black wheels.

Once I get mine I'll be looking for a set of the 20s, as I also think they are one of the best looking factory wheels since the Magnum 500.
Mind selling them to me for cheap? :D haha I want soooo bad!

Voodoo

Elite Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car
Well 99% of time the car will be driven on the streets. I suppose the logical thing is having the wheels for those 99% of time.
:gossip: Logically, it doesn't make sense for someone that will only be driving the car on the street to opt for the "performance" version of the car. The regular car is well capable of handling all street-legal shenanigans. Apart from that, black wheels are the new trend in the automotive world. If people don't like them, they probably wouldn't be making them.

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
the brake dust is really an issue with the PP. I too was told they used black wheels to try and mask it. i have never really been a fan of black wheels, but think they look ok on this car. i can see the finish get really dull when i dont clean them at least once a week, and i am only driving to work and back. when i do, they really do shine good, the brake dust is everywhere. i would have liked to have seen a dark grey or something as well, but the chrome would be really dirty all the time i think

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I love the black wheels.

eleanor5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MY
It seriously annoyings me that the ceramic and saddle interiors are not available with the Premier trim option which stitches in the reverse color to give it a nice contrast and a slightly more supportive feel in the seat. Only the Red and black seats get this for some reason.
Sponsored