List of changes to the 2019 GT350

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Someone is very bored and sending this out to many posts hoping for someone else to reply. Kind of funny.
it’s ok - he needs to think that his way is the only/best way - just smile and nod your head and he will go away eventually.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Yes, Really Caballus! Have you paid attention to the fact that the FPC engine is discontinued? If you keep your car long enough you’ll either need to rebuild the FPC engine or replace it. The GT350 is an awesome car, I own one too. I ventured into swapping my engine for a CPC race engine so that I could have a lot of reliable fun running track days. The rotating assembly is fully forged, including the OPGs. Yes, the OPGs are powdered metal in the FPC engine. Looking forward to many hours on the track in the future.
Why would I swap engines just because it was discontinued? The 289 is discontinued too. Mine is still running strong. Oh yeah, the window crank was also discontinued, but I manage to roll them down.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Yes, Really Caballus! Have you paid attention to the fact that the FPC engine is discontinued? If you keep your car long enough you’ll either need to rebuild the FPC engine or replace it. The GT350 is an awesome car, I own one too. I ventured into swapping my engine for a CPC race engine so that I could have a lot of reliable fun running track days. The rotating assembly is fully forged, including the OPGs. Yes, the OPGs are powdered metal in the FPC engine. Looking forward to many hours on the track in the future.
CPCs are for babies.

OP
OP
Frank.Herbst

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Why would I swap engines just because it was discontinued? The 289 is discontinued too. Mine is still running strong. Oh yeah, the window crank was also discontinued, but I manage to roll them down.
Good point, I'm thinking if there is demand for parts, our engines will be supported.

Sponsored

pbrmeasap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R & 2016 Charger SRT392
Does anyone know if there is there any chance on getting the ABS re-calibration completed on a 2018 model? Mostly love the brakes on track just wish there was just a bit more bite at the limit. Threshold braking can become just an exercise in managing the ABS engagement, even in track mode. Haven't tried disengaging entirely as too risky on track with traffic and speeds.

OP
OP
Frank.Herbst

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Does anyone know if there is there any chance on getting the ABS re-calibration completed on a 2018 model? Mostly love the brakes on track just wish there was just a bit more bite at the limit. Threshold braking can become just an exercise in managing the ABS engagement, even in track mode. Haven't tried disengaging entirely as too risky on track with traffic and speeds.
Maybe someone else knows about changing Ford controlled settings. There are good aftermarket providers with access to computer controlled settings.
FATHOUSE Fabrications is a good contact.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
none. Spoke to one of the Ford top engineers about it during the 500 tour. You have different hardware, servos, cpus, solenoids, etc which allow for the abs 2019 upgrade and changing the at hardware is extensive. Too extensive. Can it be done yes, but you’re better off buying a ‘19 or ‘20 versus doing the swap.

pbrmeasap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R & 2016 Charger SRT392
none. Spoke to one of the Ford top engineers about it during the 500 tour. You have different hardware, servos, cpus, solenoids, etc which allow for the abs 2019 upgrade and changing the at hardware is extensive. Too extensive. Can it be done yes, but you’re better off buying a ‘19 or ‘20 versus doing the swap.
Solid info. Thanks.
Recently spent two days thrashing a C7 Z06 around Daytona. It had the carbon ceramics and whoa, what stopping ability. Making me rethink the AP set up.

Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Solid info. Thanks.
Recently spent two days thrashing a C7 Z06 around Daytona. It had the carbon ceramics and whoa, what stopping ability. Making me rethink the AP set up.
If you’re really at the maximum then yes carbon ceramic or brake change.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
guys, help me out here, buyers paralysis maybe... :)

2019 with 4k miles or 2020 with 11k miles. all else being equal, including price, which would you purchase?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
The 20 - especially if it's a late build. You get 1 year less depreciation and also potentially avoid being on the list of the faulty tensioner issue.

It also comes down to the seller. How were the cars used/stored? You always buy the seller first, then the car.

Rose City R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
1963 1/2 Ford Galaxie R code, 2020 GT350R, 1991 Mazda Miata SE
I vote for the '20 over the '19 for the GT500 knuckle, the new steering rack and the suspension calibrations.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
guys, help me out here, buyers paralysis maybe... :)

2019 with 4k miles or 2020 with 11k miles. all else being equal, including price, which would you purchase?
Either is fine. Unless its a HEP model, depreciation is negligible between the two and the mileage makes up that. The 20 has the new knuckle and rack but suspension is identical including the tuning. The question for you is newer or low miles. The cars are virtually identical
Sponsored