Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

Dingo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deno
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback - Twister Orange 6M Ordered 2/Jan/2021
I had my first dealer visit last week so I set the boundaries out early on and very clearly - no wash and no test drive ... lol

I have this to hang on the rear view when my cars go in :

1616928905775.jpeg

It says the same thing but in bold text on the other side.

I also programmed a MyKey as restrictive as I could.

MyKey didn’t even clock 0.1 of a mile, the odometer clocked onto its next 0.1 of a mile. They didn’t even move the car out of the workshop, they let me drive it out when I arrived :like:

Hopefully that’s set the boundaries / expectations for future visits ... :like:

WD :like:
Any issues with programming the MyKey.?
My new GT has to go back to the dealer, plus paint shop, plus Window Tinter for a stack of Warranty issues.
Don't want any of the staff enjoying my car too much.
It's only 2 weeks old.
They need it for over a week.
Already caught the Window Tinter doing laps around town the day before picking it up.
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Any issues with programming the MyKey.?
My new GT has to go back to the dealer, plus paint shop, plus Window Tinter for a stack of Warranty issues.
Don't want any of the staff enjoying my car too much.
It's only 2 weeks old.
They need it for over a week.
Already caught the Window Tinter doing laps around town the day before picking it up.
No it was dead easy following the manual :like:

I locked up everything as much as I could and the car also reports how much mileage the mykey has done.

Its just a shame you cant limit the speed like you can on other models (if you find a way please let me know !), I wanted to set it at 50 mph as that's the fasted road near the dealer, the closest motorway (70mph) would require a 12+ mile loop i.e. way to much for a test drive ... lol

I feel for you in your situation, but interestingly in my experience my worries were unfounded (to date). Its been in the dealers twice since I collected it (once for warranty work / once for a service) and the mykey hasn't even clocked .1 of a mile. I leave it right outside the service bay doors and on the first visit they only drove it in (let me drive it out) and on the second it only went in and out with it being returned to the disabled bay right next to the door !

Mine also had to be driven pre delivery (for bodywork) but I was lucky there too. I noted the mileage when it came of the delivery truck. My sales rep (rather than a mechanic or general gofer) took it to the body shop. I checked it there on delivery and did exactly the same with its return to the dealer (also driven by my sales rep). It can be quite stressful if you let it be ... ! lol

Good luck :like:

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 MY17 Mustang GT 5L Triple Yellow Convertible
No it was dead easy following the manual :like:

I locked up everything as much as I could and the car also reports how much mileage the mykey has done.

Its just a shame you cant limit the speed like you can on other models (if you find a way please let me know !), I wanted to set it at 50 mph as that's the fasted road near the dealer, the closest motorway (70mph) would require a 12+ mile loop i.e. way to much for a test drive ... lol

I feel for you in your situation, but interestingly in my experience my worries were unfounded (to date). Its been in the dealers twice since I collected it (once for warranty work / once for a service) and the mykey hasn't even clocked .1 of a mile. I leave it right outside the service bay doors and on the first visit they only drove it in (let me drive it out) and on the second it only went in and out with it being returned to the disabled bay right next to the door !

Mine also had to be driven pre delivery (for bodywork) but I was lucky there too. I noted the mileage when it came of the delivery truck. My sales rep (rather than a mechanic or general gofer) took it to the body shop. I checked it there on delivery and did exactly the same with its return to the dealer (also driven by my sales rep). It can be quite stressful if you let it be ... ! lol

Good luck :like:

This shows how to set the speed, hope it works for you 👍🏻

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
This shows how to set the speed, hope it works for you 👍🏻
Now that’s real interesting as I swear I only had the speed minder option and not the max speed option.

I’m going to have to take another look - even if it’s not there the fact that this guy has it suggests it can be tweaked with ForScan.

Thank you ! :like:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
OK, so I refreshed my memory and I was wrong … lol. I do have the speed limit option :

1635634800079.jpeg

But then I soon remembered why it was a useless option on my car :

1635634860289.jpeg

Thanks Ford, for allowing me to set a speed limit that exceeds all legal U.K. speed limits … :crazy:

I want more options like the guy in the video :

1635634978486.png

1635635045867.png

Looks like I’m going to have to do some digging in the ForScan forum to see how to switch the additional options on :like:

If anyone finds out anything more that could help me, please shout up :like:

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
OK, so I refreshed my memory and I was wrong … lol. I do have the speed limit option :

1635634800079.jpeg

But then I soon remembered why it was a useless option on my car :

1635634860289.jpeg

Thanks Ford, for allowing me to set a speed limit that exceeds all legal U.K. speed limits … :crazy:

I want more options like the guy in the video :

1635634978486.png

1635635045867.png

Looks like I’m going to have to do some digging in the ForScan forum to see how to switch the additional options on :like:

If anyone finds out anything more that could help me, please shout up :like:

Can you make you MyKey a km/hr one with out affecting the rest of them ?

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Fitted the strut tower brace. I had two 8mm spacers and two 6mm spacers made. The 8mm was a fraction thin on the drivers side so I put a 1.5mm penny washer on each bolt then the spacer and then the brace, perfect clears by about 1mm. On the passengers side I just needed to use the 6mm spacer I would have tried no spacer as the battery cable is a tight fit, but I think the angle would be too far out, the 6mm works well. Went for a drive before and after and I think it does stiffen up the for t a bit.
AB2D896F-2C3D-4625-BCA8-219B9B73EBE9.jpeg
41A7A216-D2B9-45F7-AD08-AA542360F4D0.jpeg
41A7A216-D2B9-45F7-AD08-AA542360F4D0.jpeg
04208CB3-DCD0-466D-A880-1B0E1CEF4185.jpeg
6EDA26C3-1741-4ECD-937E-E7C81071AADF.jpeg

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
It only took 18 days for them to turn up, including spending 12 days sitting at a regional depot, but my new coil covers are on!

IMG_1676.jpg

Like the oil separator, fitting these Ford Performance Coil Covers is child's play on a Mustang. First step is to remove the engine cover for better access.

IMG_1678.jpg

Next, remove the PCV connector and oil cap.

IMG_1680.jpg

These coil covers are press fit into place and are very easy to remove or replace. Gently lift the coil cover away from the head.

IMG_1681.jpg

Removing the passenger side cover is a little more fiddly due to a number of tightly packed components in this area. The location of the PCV release tab also requires the aid of a screw driver.

IMG_1683.jpg

IMG-1685.jpg

The new covers simply snap into place and the PCV and oil caps replaced.

IMG_1686.jpg

Engine cover back on and I'm a happy little Vegemite!

IMG_1688.jpg

IMG-1690.jpg

IMG-1692.jpg

Next in line is a cover for that ugly coolant tank.

Sponsored

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
It only took 18 days for them to turn up, including spending 12 days sitting at a regional depot, but my new coil covers are on!

IMG_1676.jpg

Like the oil separator, fitting these Ford Performance Coil Covers is child's play on a Mustang. First step is to remove the engine cover for better access.

IMG_1678.jpg

Next, remove the PCV connector and oil cap.

IMG_1680.jpg

These coil covers are press fit into place and are very easy to remove or replace. Gently lift the coil cover away from the head.

IMG_1681.jpg

Removing the passenger side cover is a little more fiddly due to a number of tightly packed components in this area. The location of the PCV release tab also requires the aid of a screw driver.

IMG_1683.jpg

IMG-1685.jpg

The new covers simply snap into place and the PCV and oil caps replaced.

IMG_1686.jpg

Engine cover back on and I'm a happy little Vegemite!

IMG_1688.jpg

IMG-1690.jpg

IMG-1692.jpg

Next in line is a cover for that ugly coolant tank.
The only covers I have seen don’t let you see the level

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Can you make you MyKey a km/hr one with out affecting the rest of them ?
Looks like you can’t - and on top of that, I understand that the kph and mph digi displays (along win M6 v A10) have different part numbers.

That kind of has me a bit worried that this option may be factory programmed into the display rather than being configurable with ForScan … :frown:

Time for a bit more digging … :like:

Sponsored