HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I can't go about my life because of selfish people like you.
PM me. I need just a few more pieces of information for a life insurance policy.
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
So she deserved to get cut by a booby-trap because she should have just left it alone? Wow.

You will claim that isn't what you said, but that is what you said!

There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for taping razor blades to a poster specifically to cut people.
Hello; I will address both you and Gregs in one reply. First with you. You did try to twist my comment. Did not use the word deserve. I wrote bad moves on both. Nice try, but you fall short.
I wrote:
The woman was cut when she tore down a poster she did not like and was crunching it up to toss away. Bad moves on both parties in this one. Had she left the poster alone she would not have been cut. Someone set a trap for a person just like her. Someone who felt entitled enough to take down another's poster and put up her own in replacement.

Gregs wrote: The trap being incorrect information being promoted to create fear that should quite correctly be removed.

Hello; I did not in my post and do not now say the first poster had incorrect information. I did not pay attention to the content of the poster only the action. I do not agree with your notion the poster should be removed. Everybody gets to have an opinion.
Very likely the person who put up the poster with the blade could have been sincere about what the poster said. I do not know. I do not care about that.
Unlike you, I do not make a habit of false assumptions and project my feelings onto others. That first poster person may have had posters torn down before by others intolerant of their point of view. I do not know. That you take the side of the person who tore down a poster and also have declared that misinformation is a clear enough tell what sort you are.

I stated that a trap was set and who I figured it was set for. I did not say I condone setting the trap. you somehow jumped to that all on your own. The problem with such traps is an innocent may get hurt. In this case the woman who got cut was in the wrong for tearing down a poster she did not like. Had it been a clean up guy doing a job who got hurt it would have been a worse outcome in clear ways.

You and Jon do not care for me. You both call names and use put downs. Now you seem to claim you can read intentions, maybe even minds from words on a screen.

In my area there are what is called porch pirates. People who steal packages off the front porch of houses. Home security videos show this. Some have been setting traps for the thieves. Dog crap is a popular one in a box. I can see how setting trap that can hurt someone is a bad idea as an innocent might get hurt. I would not feel bad if a thief got covered in dog poo.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Climate past provides tipping point 'early warning': study (msn.com)

Quotes from article:

Abrupt disruptions to Earth's climate thousands of years ago that caused extreme sea-level rise and mass ice cap melting can serve as an early warning system for today's planetary tipping points, according to new research.

My comments: I gather the scientist are looking for early warning tell-tells by trying to find them from the past.

They looked at the conditions that led to the Bolling-Allerod warming event nearly 15,000 years ago, which saw surface air temperatures soar up to 14 degrees Celsius over Greenland.

The team also studied the end of the so-called African humid period around 6,000-5,000 years ago, which led to regional changes in ecosystems and pre-historic human societies.

My comments: Two climate episodes of 5000 and15,000 years ago. I will look these up. Pretty sure before humans can be blamed in terms of carbon.

While current atmospheric CO2 levels of around 412 parts per million have some precedent -- at least 800,000 years ago -- the rate of CO2 accumulation does not.

My comments: My take is they are saying CO2 has been at 412 ppm 800,000 years ago but that it did not accumulate as fast as currently. I guess it could read the current CO2 level is 412 ppm but that seems wrong.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Climate past provides tipping point 'early warning': study (msn.com)

Quotes from article:

Abrupt disruptions to Earth's climate thousands of years ago that caused extreme sea-level rise and mass ice cap melting can serve as an early warning system for today's planetary tipping points, according to new research.

My comments: I gather the scientist are looking for early warning tell-tells by trying to find them from the past.

They looked at the conditions that led to the Bolling-Allerod warming event nearly 15,000 years ago, which saw surface air temperatures soar up to 14 degrees Celsius over Greenland.

The team also studied the end of the so-called African humid period around 6,000-5,000 years ago, which led to regional changes in ecosystems and pre-historic human societies.

My comments: Two climate episodes of 5000 and15,000 years ago. I will look these up. Pretty sure before humans can be blamed in terms of carbon.

While current atmospheric CO2 levels of around 412 parts per million have some precedent -- at least 800,000 years ago -- the rate of CO2 accumulation does not.

My comments: My take is they are saying CO2 has been at 412 ppm 800,000 years ago but that it did not accumulate as fast as currently. I guess it could read the current CO2 level is 412 ppm but that seems wrong.
What they are doing is looking at the effects of abrupt changes to the temperature. They have evidence that in the past abrupt changes in the Earth system can trigger world-wide changes in climate. In the past the abrupt changes slowed right before the tipping point of no return. Basically, they are looking at that tipping point in relation to the abrupt man-made changes that are happening now to try and discern when (or if) the tipping point will be or has been met.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
What they are doing is looking at the effects of abrupt changes to the temperature. They have evidence that in the past abrupt changes in the Earth system can trigger world-wide changes in climate. In the past the abrupt changes slowed right before the tipping point of no return. Basically, they are looking at that tipping point in relation to the abrupt man-made changes that are happening now to try and discern when (or if) the tipping point will be or has been met.
Hello; I get the looking for tells about tipping points now and in the past. Looking for past warning signs to see if any can be found now. I get it.
Maybe like the old light bulbs would get brighter just before they burned out. ( the tungsten filament was getting a thin spot and resistance increased) But in this case they are trying to say warming slowed down just before and an irreversible tip over.

Could not help but notice the 5,000 and 15,000 years ago part.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; I get the looking for tells about tipping points now and in the past. Looking for past warning signs to see if any can be found now. I get it.
Maybe like the old light bulbs would get brighter just before they burned out. ( the tungsten filament was getting a thin spot and resistance increased) But in this case they are trying to say warming slowed down just before and an irreversible tip over.

Could not help but notice the 5,000 and 15,000 years ago part.
Like starting off for the first incline in a roller coaster. It slows at the very top...then almost stops...then BOOM! Off you go!

1627674647212.png

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Uh-oh,

In July 2021, following multiple large public events in a Barnstable County, Massachusetts, town, 469 COVID-19 cases were identified among Massachusetts residents who had traveled to the town during July 3–17; 346 (74%) occurred in fully vaccinated persons.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7031e2.htm?s_cid=mm7031e2_w

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
In July 2021, following multiple large public events in a Barnstable County, Massachusetts, town, 469 COVID-19 cases were identified among Massachusetts residents who had traveled to the town during July 3–17; 346 (74%) occurred in fully vaccinated persons.
The below is from the link.
What does this tell an educated person?

"vaccinated persons with breakthrough cases were similar to those from 84 persons who were unvaccinated",

I'll answer, It says the vax does not work as advertised

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The below is from the link.
What does this tell an educated person?

"vaccinated persons with breakthrough cases were similar to those from 84 persons who were unvaccinated",

I'll answer, It says the vax does not work as advertised
...or, the virus has changed? In fact, some are saying the Delta variant is akin to a new virus.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Yes. No one in that group died.
So no vaccination and could die.
Get vaccinated and could die but less of a chance.
Either way, could die by any number of tons of things that could happen every second.

One thing that has kept me waiting is the percentage of a percentage just to get it. First you need to be in proximity of it, then it has to make it's way inside you. As a gamer, when that sweet piece of loot is a percentage of certain thing spawning and then a percentage of that thing dropping the loot you want, I never ever get it. Can take it either way, luck so bad the one time it works in my favor is for the thing I don't want lol.

Edit: But I guess being vaccinated makes it a percentage of a percentage of a percentage right?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
So do I still try to get vaccinated?
Thats up to you. These drugs are still listed for emergency use only.

Despite all the links from our resident self appointed experts, these drugs are not long term tested.

The last link shows they are minutely effective.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
or, the virus has changed? In fact, some are saying the Delta variant is akin to a new virus.
Thats the problem with corona viruses, they mutate. Reason we don't have a vaccine for the cold.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Hello; I will address both you and Gregs in one reply. First with you. You did try to twist my comment. Did not use the word deserve. I wrote bad moves on both. Nice try, but you fall short.
I wrote:
The woman was cut when she tore down a poster she did not like and was crunching it up to toss away. Bad moves on both parties in this one. Had she left the poster alone she would not have been cut. Someone set a trap for a person just like her. Someone who felt entitled enough to take down another's poster and put up her own in replacement.

Gregs wrote: The trap being incorrect information being promoted to create fear that should quite correctly be removed.

Hello; I did not in my post and do not now say the first poster had incorrect information. I did not pay attention to the content of the poster only the action. I do not agree with your notion the poster should be removed. Everybody gets to have an opinion.
Very likely the person who put up the poster with the blade could have been sincere about what the poster said. I do not know. I do not care about that.
Unlike you, I do not make a habit of false assumptions and project my feelings onto others. That first poster person may have had posters torn down before by others intolerant of their point of view. I do not know. That you take the side of the person who tore down a poster and also have declared that misinformation is a clear enough tell what sort you are.

I stated that a trap was set and who I figured it was set for. I did not say I condone setting the trap. you somehow jumped to that all on your own. The problem with such traps is an innocent may get hurt. In this case the woman who got cut was in the wrong for tearing down a poster she did not like. Had it been a clean up guy doing a job who got hurt it would have been a worse outcome in clear ways.

You and Jon do not care for me. You both call names and use put downs. Now you seem to claim you can read intentions, maybe even minds from words on a screen.

In my area there are what is called porch pirates. People who steal packages off the front porch of houses. Home security videos show this. Some have been setting traps for the thieves. Dog crap is a popular one in a box. I can see how setting trap that can hurt someone is a bad idea as an innocent might get hurt. I would not feel bad if a thief got covered in dog poo.
You missed the point. Fly posting is illegal in the UK. Posters of inaccurate information about public health and in a way that can cause harm is illegal in the UK. Opinions that are offensive and classed as 'hate speech' are illegal in the UK.

The poster content is clearly relevant - That wearing masks doesn't work (incorrect) and that it is a visual prop to prolong the Pandemic (incorrect) and that the person putting it there intended to cause harm to whoever tried to remove it (illegal in the UK). These are facts that can be proven as incorrect and unlike in some countries we are prepared to act on this conspiracy rubbish, supported by the vast majority of people in a democracy.

If you don't like that then fair enough - but in the UK that is how it is.
Sponsored