Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Lads1719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT: PP1: 300A: Lightning Blue
More run around today. Roush said the calibration team is getting together a PID list to send to the dealership at which time they will drive the car to datalog it. If they ever get that far they will send that to Roush who will try to figure it out and develop a fix.

The car was dropped of on June 27th, the vehicle sat untouched until July 2nd. The car entered deep sleep mode on July 9th and has been that way since.
You should’ve asked for specifics and then hold them accountable. For instance, When exactly will the PID list be there? If you knew you could call to verify if it is. If it’s not there, Roush is dropping the ball and now you know. If theyre sent, the dealer should take no longer than 24 hours to return the log. Once you verify with dealer that’s done, you call Roush back and repeat.

I worked in a big bank, doing mortgages for a loooong time and this shit happened all the time. If you don’t give them a set time to respond, you can’t expect them to in a timely matter.

You can always go drop a case of beer off with the tech’s Friday too… Def can’t hurt.

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
You can always go drop a case of beer off with the tech’s Friday too… Def can’t hurt.

Make sure its good beer :)

jhunt47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Y
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Those pids listed are what’s needed by the dealership to send to Roush.
this can be done on a dyno or on pull on the road is what they told me.

Richfl01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt convertible

Make sure its good beer :)
I know you guys are joking around, but this is some pretty serious stuff...I decided not to do the Roush s/c because of 2021 issues and there are some pretty pissed off owners on this board that put down thousands and have issues that Roush and/or Ford have not fixed, even after months. If it was me after so much wasted time, I would have already demanded removal of the sc and refund. This is just unacceptable.

jhunt47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Y
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
And here is the instructions for the dealer on how to upload the file.

F5F86F83-55E1-4870-AFB9-3F51913215C1.png

A35A6A2E-1CBA-440A-914A-DB02BE79F7E8.png

Lads1719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I know you guys are joking around, but this is some pretty serious stuff...I decided not to do the Roush s/c because of 2021 issues and there are some pretty pissed off owners on this board that put down thousands and have issues that Roush and/or Ford have not fixed, even after months. If it was me after so much wasted time, I would have already demanded removal of the sc and refund. This is just unacceptable.
I wasn’t joking. That was the last sentence in a serious statement regarding the issue in an attempt to shed light on an otherwise miserable topic.

Lads1719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
And here is the instructions for the dealer on how to upload the file.
Clearly Roush isn’t dropping the ball, which I think we all kinda thought was the case anyway. It shouldn’t take more than 24 hours to return that. Hopefully

jhunt47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Y
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I to am having some issues that where there from the beginning of install. My complaints are low horsepower some harsh shifting and a rough cold start idle that I think is a miss that can be heard through the exhaust. I had a dyno done and sent it to Roush but they could not read the run file. The above is what they sent me and was willing to pay for a another dyno if the dyno shop had the pass through device which they did not. I was directed to go through the dealer. I have not been able to get it to them as of yet. I was hoping with the others that were having issues as well this would be addressed soon. Once I get some free time I will get with my local dealer and try to get them some logs if it’s not fixed by then.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
So, I have to ask.
Are the tunes that Roush installs at the factory different than what the Ford dealerships are using??
I do believe someone posted in here that they are.

I wonder if the people with the 2021 cars are having troubles because the ecm/pcm is different that the previous years? Maybe Roush rushed the kits/tunes out too soon?
I'm pretty sure that the 2021 F150 Roush trucks are still not ready for the public yet. It might be because of the stupid auto start/stop and cylinder deactivation crap. That's just a guess.

jhunt47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Y
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
So, I have to ask.
Are the tunes that Roush installs at the factory different than what the Ford dealerships are using??
I do believe someone posted in here that they are.

I wonder if the people with the 2021 cars are having troubles because the ecm/pcm is different that the previous years? Maybe Roush rushed the kits/tunes out too soon?
I'm pretty sure that the 2021 F150 Roush trucks are still not ready for the public yet. It might be because of the stupid auto start/stop and cylinder deactivation crap. That's just a guess.
Don’t know about the Roush cars tunes are different from the kits being installed on the regular cars. As of yesterday Lund is still saying they are not tuning fi setups on 2021 mustangs due to the new pcm.

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
More run around today. Roush said the calibration team is getting together a PID list to send to the dealership at which time they will drive the car to datalog it. If they ever get that far they will send that to Roush who will try to figure it out and develop a fix.

The car was dropped of on June 27th, the vehicle sat untouched until July 2nd. The car entered deep sleep mode on July 9th and has been that way since.

I got a text today which tells me i was fed complete BS by Roush the other day.

Todays text read:
"Good morning, heard from Roush, they are having tech check wiring going to the PCM and the MAP sensor. Tech is doing that now and will report back to them. Will let you know"

The car did wake from deep sleep today and was ran a bit. Still that text does not match at all what was told to me the other day.

does the 5.0 even us a MAP?

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
I got a text today which tells me i was fed complete BS by Roush the other day.

Todays text read:
"Good morning, heard from Roush, they are having tech check wiring going to the PCM and the MAP sensor. Tech is doing that now and will report back to them. Will let you know"

The car did wake from deep sleep today and was ran a bit. Still that text does not match at all what was told to me the other day.

does the 5.0 even us a MAP?
All cars use a MAP sensor however the roush tune is speed density and deletes the MAF sensor used by the stock ford tuning.

Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford f150 2019 mustang gt
Don’t know about the Roush cars tunes are different from the kits being installed on the regular cars. As of yesterday Lund is still saying they are not tuning fi setups on 2021 mustangs due to the new pcm.
That along with Lund will not tune the roush 2650 blower. Find another tuner once the pcm is accessible.