ecoboost finished in europe

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I don't know about that. The UK may not be subjected to EU legislation anymore, but it will make its own legislation, which may not necessarily be any better.
Eco-nazism is a highly contagious disease. Nobody's safe.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tomdwa

tomdwa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
white mustang ecoboost hpp
I don't know about that. The UK may not be subjected to EU legislation anymore, but it will make its own legislation, which may not necessarily be any better.
Eco-nazism is a highly contagious disease. It's hard to believe that the UK won't catch it.
Anyway, you're right that the guy with the orange Stang form Scotland has some gorgeous roads to drive over there. Here in Belgium, it's much less fun (houses and villages everywhere, overcrowded roads,...). For us, the fun starts when we go abroad (planning on spending holidays in Scotland sometime, actually šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁓ó æ).

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
We should not be taxed high for a nice car and having fun. Road tax should simply be on petrol.

If you are driving to Scotland let me know for a possible meet-up. Cheers

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Seems like the value of used Ecoboosts will be increasing soon.
That's what I'm hoping when I sell mine. :please:
The ecoboost is a rare bird already in Germany. 8/10 Mustangs sold are GT's. I've also been told that many ecoboost stangs have been in accidents.

OP
OP
tomdwa

tomdwa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
That's what I'm hoping when I sell mine. :please:
The ecoboost is a rare bird already in Germany. 8/10 Mustangs sold are GT's. I've also been told that many ecoboost stangs have been in accidents.
And what next if/when you sell the ecoboost-Stang? Not a lot of nice alternatives available on the car market IMO... šŸ„ŗ

Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The Ecoboost was probably dropped as a result of the RS being dropped to lower Ford's average emissions.

OP
OP
tomdwa

tomdwa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
The Ecoboost was probably dropped as a result of the RS being dropped to lower Ford's average emissions.
Yes, indeed, that's what I heard. Due to European legislation, as of the beginning of this year the average emissions of all the sold cars of a car brand have to drop under a certain level, in order not to have to pay very high fines to the European authorities. That's why the RS and the mustang ecoboost had to disappear from the Ford catalogue. Sad really :frown: .

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
That doesn't make sense. First, the EU average emissions regulation is not new. It's been in effect for almost a decade.
Second, the Ecoboost emits less carbon dioxide than the GT. If they had an issue with the average emissions it would make more sense to drop the GT.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tomdwa

tomdwa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
That doesn't make sense. First, the EU average emissions regulation is not new. It's been in effect for quite some time now.
Second, the Ecoboost emits less carbon dioxide than the GT. If the average emissions were an issue it would make more sense to drop the GT.
Yeah, you're right, except that (and this was told to me by someone from Ford) 1Ā° the emission regulation got stricter as of the 1st of January 2021, and 2Ā° exception is made by European legislation for the 5% most powerful and most emitting models of each car brand for which the rules and fines don't apply. And for that last reason, it would seem that the mustang GT remains in the Ford catalogue.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
That may be, but still, there are other models in the European lineup that emit more carbon dioxide than the EB Mustang.
The EB Mustang emits just 204 grams per kilometer.
The Ranger, depending on engine, can go up to a whopping 326 grams.
The Transit, depending on type and engine, can be anywhere between 206 and 296.
And then there's the Focus ST, which has a 2.3 liter Ecoboost engine developing 280 HP. I couldn't find its carbon dioxide rating, but I can't imagine it's noticeably lower than the EB Mustang, since it has practically the same engine.

But the difference is that those models sell. If you had to pick one model to sacrifice in order to lower your average emissions, you'd pick the one that would cause you the least pain. You wouldn't pick a bestseller. That's why I wouldn't blame it all on the EU. I'm sure they could have saved the EB if they had wanted to.

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Itā€™s funny how in life the harder you work, the more you have. And the more you have the harder the system tries to screw you .
So If youā€™re a lazy useless bastard, you donā€™t pay taxes and sponge off youā€™re government .
If your are a solid contributor to a economy, youā€™re country canā€™t wait to rape youā€™re wallet.
go figure........
And that is why people emigrate to better countries. Well one of the reasons at least.