Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, BMW M4, Volvo XC90, Ford Taunus 2.0GL
Vehicle Showcase
Guys,

I'm helping a friend with his 2020 Bullitt doing the US to EU fog light mod, but am running into the issue not getting the coding done. See pictures below. I've used the info provided earlier on the site here for this mod doing it for my own 2017 GT and a friend's 2019 GT and for both it worked. For the Bullitt it appears to be an issue:

What DID NOT work is:
- 726-28-01 xxxx x*xx xxxx from 0 to 1 according to earlier posts about the S550 mod for this, I now get the message as you see below. It won't adjust.
- 726-24-01 xxxx xxxx *xxx this number is already a 4 (see below). Does this mean this is already what it should be? Or does this number in a Bullitt need to be a different one?

What DID work is the IPC coding for the dash indicator light:
720-02-02 xxx * xx Rear Fog Indicator Cfg: 0 = disabled -> 2 = enabled

The Bullitt is Sync 3.4

Thank you so much for helping out!!

Tim

coding-issue-fog-light-1-jpg.jpg
coding-issue-fog-light-2-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

Lennard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lennard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
What DID NOT work is:
- 726-28-01 xxxx x*xx xxxx from 0 to 1 according to earlier posts about the S550 mod for this, I now get the message as you see below. It won't adjust.
- 726-24-01 xxxx xxxx *xxx this number is already a 4 (see below). Does this mean this is already what it should be? Or does this number in a Bullitt need to be a different one?
Hi!

I did the same mod on my 2019 Bullitt, but I do not recognize any of the issues that you described here.
For 726-28-01; I did not see a similar error message.
For 726-24-01; I had a 5 on that position which I had to change to a 4.

it seems unlikely to me that the 2020 Bullitt have different values compared to the 2019. Maybe you can request the As-Built data of your VIN on motorcraftservice.com to see if the 4 is correct for your vehicle.

Sorry I can’t be of more help. Please keep us up to date on your progress.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MustangGT5.0

MustangGT5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Lennard.

Just did some more research comparing Coding data of a 2019 GT with the 2020 Bullitt. See below. Left is a 2019 GT. Right is a 2020 Bullitt.
I suspect the coding of the 2019 GT and 2019 Bullitt are the same/ similar, whereas the 2020 Bullitt has had quite some changes.

Leaves the question what the right coding should be for the 2020 Bullitt to activate the rear fog light. Does anyone know????

image.png

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Read that the 2020 is quite different from 2019s. The expert over F-150 (Livnitup) is working on 2020 Mustangs.

By the way, the above changes are to activate rear fog light(s)? If yes, where would you turn them on? And more importantly, is there anything to add, or everything is already in place, like on BMWs? Thank you. Just curious about that.

OP
OP
MustangGT5.0

MustangGT5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Read that the 2020 is quite different from 2019s. The expert over F-150 (Livnitup) is working on 2020 Mustangs.

By the way, the above changes are to activate rear fog light(s)? If yes, where would you turn them on? And more importantly, is there anything to add, or everything is already in place, like on BMWs? Thank you. Just curious about that.
:-) Thanks!

It's a Mustang....so had to put in another light switch, new wiring, swop out the actual back up light at the rear for one that also has a red fog light section AND do the coding.
In the BMW M4 it was just a matter of coding....

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Oh, okay. Yeah, on my ex M3-V8 I only had to change the headlight switch, since the stock one had a blank. But everything was already connected; not even coding needed. Cost me like $50, and it worked right off the bat; even the light in the dash. But BMW blocked the importation of them shortly thereafter. Will leave it alone then :D. Thanks for the info.

Sirjoe76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergio
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang EcoBoost
Hi!

I did the same mod on my 2019 Bullitt, but I do not recognize any of the issues that you described here.
For 726-28-01; I did not see a similar error message.
For 726-24-01; I had a 5 on that position which I had to change to a 4.

it seems unlikely to me that the 2020 Bullitt have different values compared to the 2019. Maybe you can request the As-Built data of your VIN on motorcraftservice.com to see if the 4 is correct for your vehicle.

Sorry I can’t be of more help. Please keep us up to date on your progress.
Hi Lennard, did you manage to get the rear fog lights working properly? Was there a rear fog light inidicator on your digital cluster?
Sponsored