Trickle Chargers

AussieGreg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon FGMkII XR6 Turbo, 2016 Ford Mustang GT
Just wondering if any one is using or are looking at using a Trickle Charger for the Mustang if they do not use their Mustang much. With the amount of electronics in the car etc I would not like to leave the car sitting for a period time without using it. A Trickle Charger would eliminate this if you are parking your Mustang up or an extended period of time.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AussieGreg

AussieGreg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon FGMkII XR6 Turbo, 2016 Ford Mustang GT

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
Thanks Troy. I had heard that C Tek were the best
Hi [MENTION=20200]AussieGreg[/MENTION] if I remember correctly, it's cheapest to buy these when Repco have one of those 20% off storewide sales once every so often. Might even be cheaper than ebay, but I haven't checked for a while.

Plus it's easier with warranty to deal with a shop then an online store.

Sponsored

Budoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I just left my MY19 gt turned off for about 3 weeks due to going overseas. Had trouble starting the car when I came back. Thinking about getting the ctek mxs 5.0. Will this do as a trickle charger as well? Can you charge the battery while it is still connected to the car? Sorry for the noob questions, nil experience with battery chargers.

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
Hi Budoy
I use this one on my my19 works perfect.
NEW CTEK MXS5.0 12 VOLT 5 AMP 5A BATTERY CHARGER DEEP CYCLE AGM CALCIUM MXS5.0

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I just left my MY19 gt turned off for about 3 weeks due to going overseas. Had trouble starting the car when I came back. Thinking about getting the ctek mxs 5.0. Will this do as a trickle charger as well? Can you charge the battery while it is still connected to the car? Sorry for the noob questions, nil experience with battery chargers.
I use my Projecta AC250b charger which is permanently connected to my Mustang, I just disconnect it when I want to drive. I had it for years on my BF GT after getting sick of the chh chh chh if I didn't drive it for a while. Projecta now have a new range and I have an C40 too. it can charge at 1 amp or 4 amps and it too can be left on permanently. I use the fused connectors supplied and never had a problem. The battery in the GT was 8yo when I sold it and was like new. So whatever you choose Ctek/Projecta you wont be disappointed and don't be afraid to leave it connected. I chose projecta as 1 or .6 amps is ample to keep your battery in good shape, just my observation over many years.
GT450

Sponsored

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
I use my Projecta AC250b charger which is permanently connected to my Mustang, I just disconnect it when I want to drive. I had it for years on my BF GT after getting sick of the chh chh chh if I didn't drive it for a while. Projecta now have a new range and I have an C40 too. it can charge at 1 amp or 4 amps and it too can be left on permanently. I use the fused connectors supplied and never had a problem. The battery in the GT was 8yo when I sold it and was like new. So whatever you choose Ctek/Projecta you wont be disappointed and don't be afraid to leave it connected. I chose projecta as 1 or .6 amps is ample to keep your battery in good shape, just my observation over many years.
GT450
Does this plug into the cig lighter port or directly onto the battery terminals?

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
Does this plug into the cig lighter port or directly onto the battery terminals?
Via the permanent, fused connector, just plug in and leave on then unplug when you want to drive.
GT450

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
Via the permanent, fused connector, just plug in and leave on then unplug when you want to drive.
GT450
Pardon my lack of experience. Where does one find this connector, and do different chargers have different plugs or is it a world wide standard plug.

I've never seen such connection in my my19.

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
Pardon my lack of experience. Where does one find this connector, and do different chargers have different plugs or is it a world wide standard plug.

You buy them with the charger, they just eliminate having to use the alligator clips. Just check the websites or Ebay.
GT450

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual

Oh and sorry they connect to the battery directly so you can connect and disconnect them under the bonnet. There is not cig lighter connection.
GT450
Sponsored