Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
Are we sure that’s GL (pre facelift) ?

WD :like:
Ahh, I snagged these very quick yesterday while at the movies and didn't give it a good look. You are right, this probably isn't Grabber Lime though it is somewhat close.
Sponsored

LowKey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 2019 Mustang GT - 2013 XR6 Turbo - 2017 i30 SR-P.
Managed to snap a few shots at a local Ford dealer here in Dandenong/Vic/Australia. First shot is of an ecoboost in the showroom (through a window as they were closed) showing what it looks like in shade. Other shots are of a GT sitting up on a shipping container, glimmering in the sun. Yes, very hard to get the colour right through photos, and these were taken with a phone, but it's as accurate as i could make them with a bit of post-processing. It's a fantastic colour.

teXYSCs.jpg

KP34JLk.jpg

LD444Tm.jpg

VNtI35u.jpg

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Managed to snap a few shots at a local Ford dealer here in Dandenong/Vic/Australia. First shot is of an ecoboost in the showroom (through a window as they were closed) showing what it looks like in shade. Other shots are of a GT sitting up on a shipping container, glimmering in the sun. Yes, very hard to get the colour right through photos, and these were taken with a phone, but it's as accurate as i could make them with a bit of post-processing. It's a fantastic colour.

teXYSCs.jpg

KP34JLk.jpg

LD444Tm.jpg

VNtI35u.jpg
Love the view of the one on the shipping container. Really gives a you a nice view of the spectrum of the green from shade to bright sun.

LowKey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah it does. I'm a big fan of green cars, but i was disappointed with NFG when i saw it in person. I was expecting the same with GL but was pleasantly surprised when i saw it. Big fan. It reminds me of a colour called "Toxic" i had on my Falcon XR6 back in 2005, but a little less bright.

utHrKA0.jpg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well I finally committed and it’s ordered ... :sunglasses:

I couldn’t get the UK spec 55 year edition as I was insistent on Recaro’s and you can’t spec a 55 with them in the UK, even though one of the ordering systems said you could ...

I was equally happy with another build route though, so here’s what’s on order :

• UK spec GT - I think this is kind of like a PP1 with some additional bits. UK GT’s come standard with Brembo’s, digi dash and active exhaust, but we only get the 3.55 gears and the trac lock diff (unless somethings changed for the 2020 ?).

• Manual - Yes, I know the A10 is faster but it had to be a manual ...

• Custom pack 2 - 12 speaker B&O, sync 3 and leather wrapped center console.

• Recaro’s.

• Magneride.

The colour ... ? Grabber lime with a black roof ... :sunglasses:

I’ve already been collecting a few parts to make it a bit better and a bit more individual, but they will be for another thread as this ones supposed about the colour :giggle:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Congrats.....can't wait to see it!

Yeah, I suspect the "55 Edition" means you have to take it as it is and can't add any options. It has unique seats that have an Alcantara centre section to match the Alcantara door panels....hence why I guess they don't let you have the leather Recaros. The "55" does have a cool carbon dash and gear selector though.

Its been tough to get many details of the 55, but it seems it had a recent launch in Brazil (!) although it's called the Black Shadow there. EDIT - Actually now I'm not sure if the UK "55" will get the interior as I've described it above. Guess we'll need to see one built!

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you :like:

Is that info correct for a RHD UK 55 ? It’s just that if it is, ford UK is doing a crap job of advertising it as it doesn’t mention alcantera or carbon on the price list or anything else my ford dealer could show me or see on the computer ... ?

I do like those options, but I just had to have the Recaro’s ... lol

Maybe Gina (posted above) could shed some light on it as I think she should have hers now ?

Anyhow, can’t wait for mine :sunglasses: I’ve had to be patient as I started wanting a grabber blue, fell out with them when when they dropped it and changed the front end. The front end grew on me and then I liked NFG, but it was the wrong time for me which is how I ended up here lol.

Any guesses how long I will be waiting for it to be made and delivered ... ?

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Actually........it looks like the "55" doesn't get the Alcantara or the carbon fiber trim :frown:

If you take a look at the (poor quality) Twitter video here, it shows the normal silver dash and leather seats (so that doesn't explain why you can't choose the Recaros!)

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Well I finally committed and it’s ordered ... :sunglasses:

I couldn’t get the UK spec 55 year edition as I was insistent on Recaro’s and you can’t spec a 55 with them in the UK, even though one of the ordering systems said you could ...

I was equally happy with another build route though, so here’s what’s on order :

• UK spec GT - I think this is kind of like a PP1 with some additional bits. UK GT’s come standard with Brembo’s, digi dash and active exhaust, but we only get the 3.55 gears and the trac lock diff (unless somethings changed for the 2020 ?).

• Manual - Yes, I know the A10 is faster but it had to be a manual ...

• Custom pack 2 - 12 speaker B&O, sync 3 and leather wrapped center console.

• Recaro’s.

• Magneride.

The colour ... ? Grabber lime with a black roof ... :sunglasses:

I’ve already been collecting a few parts to make it a bit better and a bit more individual, but they will be for another thread as this ones supposed about the colour :giggle:

Congrats! Very jealous, and sounds like you have an awesome spec on order. Looking forward to your build thread. Can't wait to start my hunt next year, but also interested in seeing the changes for 2021 first.

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)

Not sure if Gina has received it yet, but here's a cool video from her Instagram :)

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@Twin Turbo - Yes, it does seem a bit silly and frustrating, but the computer (and sales manager lol) said no. I really like that carbon trim though, I will try and find the part numbers ready for my next trip to the states ...

@Justin - Thank you ! From a (very) selfish perspective I hope this colour is a one year only as I don’t think it will be very popular in the big scheme of things and I quite like being a little different lol. I am also normally one for hanging on and seeing what next year brings, but this was my best (and possibly only) opportunity to buy a new mustang. I’m also slightly concerned that the door may be closed on euro versions in the not to distant future and I really would be kicking myself then ...

When I can figure the best place to put it (most likely the UK forum) I will start a build thread and post the link here. It will only be small mods though, nothing crazy like a lot of the threads on here !

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
@Twin Turbo - Yes, it does seem a bit silly and frustrating, but the computer (and sales manager lol) said no. I really like that carbon trim though, I will try and find the part numbers ready for my next trip to the states ...

@Justin - Thank you ! From a (very) selfish perspective I hope this colour is a one year only as I don’t think it will be very popular in the big scheme of things and I quite like being a little different lol. I am also normally one for hanging on and seeing what next year brings, but this was my best (and possibly only) opportunity to buy a new mustang. I’m also slightly concerned that the door may be closed on euro versions in the not to distant future and I really would be kicking myself then ...

When I can figure the best place to put it (most likely the UK forum) I will start a build thread and post the link here. It will only be small mods though, nothing crazy like a lot of the threads on here !

I agree, I dont see this color being super popular either to be honest. I too would enjoy being different haha, my only qualm is I have a feeling there will be a bit of a refresh for model year 2021 and I would be quite upset if I felt the changes for 2021 were something I had to have and grabber lime wasnt available. So I'm hoping for at least a 2 year run to give me options haha.

I am the opposite, I have a nice build list ready for my next mustang. But I can definitely appreciate a simple, clean build.

LowKey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think various countries are doing different things. I ordered my 2020 GT the other day (Australia) and it looks similar to what some other people have posted, if you option the black accent pack. We still just have the base spec GT which for Oz is similar to a US PP1 minus centre-gauges and remote start. I optioned it with the black accent pack (roof, badges, different wheels (even to the US version) Magneride, grabber lime and auto. It comes with the stupid side stripes, even more stupid bonnet stripes but the spoiler is optional and i don't like it anyway. Should look interesting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
@Twin Turbo - Yes, it does seem a bit silly and frustrating, but the computer (and sales manager lol) said no. I really like that carbon trim though, I will try and find the part numbers ready for my next trip to the states

I suspect Ford just couldn't be bothered to produce the carbon fiber dash trim for RHD........so hydro dipping (or wrapping) might be the only option. The carbon gear selector should be available though :)

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Amongst other things, I picked the ford performance knob up whilst in the states :sunglasses:

Sponsored