Why I enjoy 17GT more than my 18Z06

GPGT17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
I’ve had the 2018 Z06 for about 2 years now. Went and got a 17 GT with Performance Package pre owned with only 8kmiles. The Z06 has 1800 miles and I’ve put close to 3k miles on ithe GT since I’ve taken ownership. It had a Borla ATAK catback on it with the resonators replaces with an x pipe. 6 speed. My honest opinion is that I have more fun driving the GT, besides the exterior looks of the Z06 and it’s Supercharger making 650HP and TQ. I am now honestly thinking about selling my Z06 and just keeping the GT. I don’t see why I should waste any more money. But still in the back of my mind I don’t want to regret it either.
Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
No matter what you do to a Mustang, you can't erase the impact the extra weight has on performance, handling and response. The ride is nicer and it's generally a more relaxed driving experience; very easy to get comfortable with. A Z06 requires your full attention, it's not a very relaxing ride. But, you will miss it. There's something about instant response and "go cart" steering that gets your blood flowing!

As much as I enjoy my GT, it feels like a bus compared to my other cars. My wife loves the GT and refuses to ride in the others... that tells you something.

OP
OP

GPGT17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
What makes you prefer the GT over the Z06?
The Z is an A8. That possibly could be the main reason but I also LOVE the way this coyote 5.0 sounds with this ATAK system. The Z has more exotic sound but also loud. I like the ambient lighting in the GT. After a few miles I find the interior boring in the corvette. But the way the GT sounds is amazing

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I’ve had the 2018 Z06 for about 2 years now. Went and got a 17 GT with Performance Package pre owned with only 8kmiles. The Z06 has 1800 miles and I’ve put close to 3k miles on ithe GT since I’ve taken ownership. It had a Borla ATAK catback on it with the resonators replaces with an x pipe. 6 speed. My honest opinion is that I have more fun driving the GT, besides the exterior looks of the Z06 and it’s Supercharger making 650HP and TQ. I am now honestly thinking about selling my Z06 and just keeping the GT. I don’t see why I should waste any more money. But still in the back of my mind I don’t want to regret it either.
Sell both and get the GT500?

Sponsored

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase

Do it! I sold my 04 Z06 w/616whp all motor, 6sp man, and do not regret it one bit.....my 17 Mustang GT is much more fun to drive, if I wreck it I’ll probably be able to get out of it and still walk, lol and fixing it is much cheaper as well as mods being easier on the wallet.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
If the Vette is paid for, keep.
Sounds like you got a good start on a Garage Queen. Low miles, etc.. If you sell you will want another one when ever you go to a car show, but in the back of your mind you will think, " sold one cause not that much fun" so you will be afraid to get another.
Having your Vett in garage for those special outings when you need a Corvette fix. Plus the joy of ownership of a prestine older Corvette as time passes.
Beat the Mustang and enjoy it, there are plenty more for sale if you wear it out

BLUDICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
In '04 I traded a '03 Vette for a new '04 GT - that car rode and handled just as good as the Vette - - 2 months ago I traded a '08 Vette for a new '19 Ecoboost and like it as much if not more that the Vette.
6-25-19.png
8-30-19.JPG

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
If the Z06 is paid for,...keep it!!! You'll have 2 bad ass toys.
I agree about the interiors. The 18 and up Mustangs have a great interior. Although, I do love me some C7 Z06 cars.

smbsocal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT Vert, '17 C7 Z06, '19 BMW X5
I am right there with you. I have a '17 Z06 and enjoyed it greatly until I got my '18 GT PP1 Vert. Since I have had the Mustang I have put 13k miles on it and only 1k miles on the Z06.

There is no denying that the Z06 is faster and looks more exotic but the Mustang sound better, can be tossed around easier, has better amenities and is much more usable as a daily driver.

I have been throwing around adding a SC to the Mustang to get the performance closer to the Z06 and sell the Z06 but the wife won't let me sell it outside of getting a C8 to replace it.

OP
OP

GPGT17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
I am right there with you. I have a '17 Z06 and enjoyed it greatly until I got my '18 GT PP1 Vert. Since I have had the Mustang I have put 13k miles on it and only 1k miles on the Z06.

There is no denying that the Z06 is faster and looks more exotic but the Mustang sound better, can be tossed around easier, has better amenities and is much more usable as a daily driver.

I have been throwing around adding a SC to the Mustang to get the performance closer to the Z06 and sell the Z06 but the wife won't let me sell it outside of getting a C8 to replace it.
You got a good wife brother! The C8 is killer but wait for the Z06 version!

smbsocal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT Vert, '17 C7 Z06, '19 BMW X5
Yes, I guess I will keep her around. ;)

I am going to the local C8 launch event at the end of the month hopefully I will be able to hold out until the Z06 version comes out.