Omaha\Nebraska

samanosuke47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Hey guys, currently looking into a new exhaust but cant make my mind between the corsa extreme and borla atak. Videos really don't do them a lot of justice except for CJ videos in my opinion. I was wondering if anyone in town had either setups that would be willing to meetup to show what their exhaust is like?
Hey Nikko, Nice Velocity Blue, I very nearly ordered that vs Need For Green, but I really like this green.

Do you have the Active Exhaust? If not that helps your situation a lot more. Check out the AWE exhausts - CJ also has videos on a Track and Touring version.. I'm hoping to see an active Touring version at some point. :please: If you have the Active Exhaust I'd go Borla, but when I listen to them I feel like I like the Borla a tad more.

Other than that I'm probably going to chill with the stock active exhaust for awhile and hope for AWE to have an active Track or Touring product.
Sponsored

Nikko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT PP1
Hey Nikko, Nice Velocity Blue, I very nearly ordered that vs Need For Green, but I really like this green.

Do you have the Active Exhaust? If not that helps your situation a lot more. Check out the AWE exhausts - CJ also has videos on a Track and Touring version.. I'm hoping to see an active Touring version at some point. :please: If you have the Active Exhaust I'd go Borla, but when I listen to them I feel like I like the Borla a tad more.

Other than that I'm probably going to chill with the stock active exhaust for awhile and hope for AWE to have an active Track or Touring product.
Unfortunately I opted out of the active exhaust but I just watched CJ's videos on the AWE Track and I am loving the tone. Honestly made the exhaust decision a little harder haha.

samanosuke47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Yeah it's my favorite by far, if you get it I'm definitely going to have to hunt you down to hear it in person. haha But sorry for making it harder!

Nikko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any of you guys going to the May MCCO Meet tonight? Debating myself since I need to wash my car, not sure why they would host it on a Tuesday :facepalm:.

Sponsored

samanosuke47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Damn, I would, but mines in the shop getting it's stripe removed and ceramic put on..

samanosuke47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
No, I believe I remember coming across them, but I ended up going with Exotic Detail of Omaha. Getting some Xpel Film on the front and then Cquartz Ceramic over the car. I've never had a ceramic coating before, so we'll see how this goes. They have a very legit workshop though, a very legit Dyno Setup also which I just kinda stumbled upon, and then recognized a car from a recent Cars and Coffee. So now I'm kinda glad I went with Exotic Detail, as now I know where to get a supercharger at one day... maybe. lol
:thumbsup:

Nikko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice, I was wondering since I got a quote from owners pride, for $699 with a 3 year warranty. If you don't mind me asking how much they quoted you for? Didn't know exotic detail did any performance work, always thought about TheShopInc in Lincoln for performance work since all the high horsepower guys in town like Kyle from 1320 go there. By the way I think I am pulling the trigger on the Borla Atak tonight.

samanosuke47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
lol uh - $1200 for the Cquartz Professional, whole car, includes correction for anything the dealer may have 'installed'. Then 2200 for the Xpel Film which includes removing the stripe; full front clip as well as rockers all the way behind the rear wheel. I uh.. spared no expense I guess. And here I am thinking about having them do the Tint too while its in the shop.

I knew I wanted Xpel film, pretty much the defacto film in my book. Then I kinda just stumbled upon the coatings when talking to Omaha Clear Bra. This lead to that, and here I am. Researching Cquartz it appears to be one of the best ones out there.

I'm curious now to know what coating Owners pride uses and their process. Regardless, in my research and checking out some of Exotic Details work, I'm confident I'll get a great detail out of them so there's that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-----

The performance work isn't by Exotic Detail, there's another couple of companies actually that run in that shop as well I came to find out. Omaha Clear Bra for the film, and then I think it's ?SDK tuning? for the performance work. (I can see the company graphic on the wall and this White Charger that has it in one of it's windows, I think it's SDK, but I'd recognize it if I saw it again).

If you have seen it - there is a white charger with a hellcat graphic on the side, looks pretty neat honestly. That's the car I recognized there, he's the owner of the performance side, so that was pretty neat to stumble upon. There were several Hellcats in there actually at various stages of upgrade, and a GT 350 sitting on the dyno the day I was there.

----- I could almost just hangout in that shop for a day and watch them work on things.. it'd be pretty cool.. I'm very novice, but a detailing nerd. Then I'm sure hearing some superchargers whine on the dyno would be very exciting too. lol Oh well.

Sponsored

Nikko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah now Im on the same boat of wondering what owners pride uses, since they only show pictures of the containers rebranded with their logo. And SDK sounds familiar, the white hellcat I have definitely seen in town.

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Yeah now Im on the same boat of wondering what owners pride uses, since they only show pictures of the containers rebranded with their logo. And SDK sounds familiar, the white hellcat I have definitely seen in town.
i had mine done at OP. I've had work done by both OP and ED. I know the owners of ED and talked to the owners of OP. You can't go wrong with either. OP uses a proprietary coating they had made based on their requirements. ED obviously uses cQuartz which is constantly improving their product line. ED is a bit far away from me as i'm southwest so it's more convenient for me to use OP.

If you want to stop by and take a look at my car just let me know.

Nikko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i had mine done at OP. I've had work done by both OP and ED. I know the owners of ED and talked to the owners of OP. You can't go wrong with either. OP uses a proprietary coating they had made based on their requirements. ED obviously uses cQuartz which is constantly improving their product line. ED is a bit far away from me as i'm southwest so it's more convenient for me to use OP.

If you want to stop by and take a look at my car just let me know.
I appreciate that, how long ago did you get coated and has it held up well?

samanosuke47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
That's what I'm most interested in so far, how long I'll get out of the coating. I did get the detailer made by carpro for the coating. According to ED it should help maintain it too. So far I do like how easy it seems to be able to clean.
Sponsored