Sponsored

Central Florida BS Thread

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Anyone have any experience with Greenway Ford? They're handling my hood corrosion warranty claim, and are saying that Ford has approved the replacement, but there's a nationwide backorder on hoods.

My bumper to bumper is up in a month, though I'll still have the balance of the corrosion warranty...

JR
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Anyone have any experience with Greenway Ford? They're handling my hood corrosion warranty claim, and are saying that Ford has approved the replacement, but there's a nationwide backorder on hoods.

My bumper to bumper is up in a month, though I'll still have the balance of the corrosion warranty...

JR
Does the front edge have corrosion?

SnakeAndSteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Does anyone have access to a lift? I want to delete my resonators and don't want to do it 8 inches off the ground. Thanks.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does the front edge have corrosion?
It did, yes. Greenway replaced the hood after about a three month wait. They did a decent job, but it's hardly perfect.

JR

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did they have to paint it?
Yup. They use this special camera that works with the Axalta color matching system, and take pictures against the paint in several different locations. The color matched perfectly, near as I can tell. There are a couple little air bubbles on the trailing edge that, had I not moved 300 miles away immediately after receiving the car back, would have had them fix. They're tiny, though, and in a location where you'd really need to be looking for them to notice.

The thing that really sucks though, is that I had just had my entire car polished and the paint was damn near perfect. I was installing Optimum Gloss Coat on the car when I noticed the corrosion. So now I've got to find a detailer that I trust to do the job, who's willing to do such a small job (polish the hood and prep for OGC) without giving me crap because he's not installing the coating.

JR
Sponsored