Vehicle(s)
S550

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Only guy I know of is @christianUK although I haven't seen him on here in a while! Must admit, they do really look cool on. But he'd have to tell you about the fit & finish...

OP
OP
Gcorry

Gcorry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Thanks Kristian, sent Christian a PM to ask about them, they do look the dogs and from what i can see are completely reversible as well.

THISELDO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Eco-Boost Tri Yellow FastBack
hi all, i have a 2017 GT Convertible and have always liked the look of the RTR Upper grill with the triangular LED daytime running lights.

https://nemesisuk.com/collections/m...-2015-16-rtr-upper-grill-w-led-lights-rtr7009

Has anybody in the UK done this and what are the findings so far on fit, finish, looks and overall impression?

any help is greatly appreciated.

G
Just FYI i bought mine from Ebay arrived yesterday (delivery was 4days no custom charges to pay) for £86.00 and they are exactly the same as the RTR getting them fitted next week.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-201...912069&hash=item25fdcd399d:g:grQAAOSwhUtbXDnk
light.jpg

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
guy on instagram has a yellow car with that grill fitted. does look good.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gcorry

Gcorry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Nice Thiseldo that is some saving, can you let me know how you get on? really interested in the fit and finish on these

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Just FYI i bought mine from Ebay arrived yesterday (delivery was 4days no custom charges to pay) for £86.00 and they are exactly the same as the RTR getting them fitted next week.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-2017-Ford-Mustang-Front-Bumper-Hood-Grill-Grille-DRL-LED-White-Light-Insert/163171875229?fits=Car+Make:Ford|Model:Mustang&epid=26021912069&hash=item25fdcd399d:g:grQAAOSwhUtbXDnk
light.jpg
Are those "triangular" holes behind each LED blankled off? Isn't this where the air gets into the filter?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Are those "triangular" holes behind each LED blankled off? Isn't this where the air gets into the filter?
you're right, but most people just cut them open lol

THISELDO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Eco-Boost Tri Yellow FastBack
Nice Thiseldo that is some saving, can you let me know how you get on? really interested in the fit and finish on these
Sure i i will let you know, getting them fitted on the 9th Oct as i am away with work.

OP
OP
Gcorry

Gcorry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Hi all, finally got the RTR grill and got it fitted, instructions followed but the LED's do not light up. the thinking is that the unit is plug and play in the States but due to a slightly different wiring loom for the UK spec that it is not plug and play here.

fit and finish are really good and it looks good even unlit, needless to say i want it lit!

If you have fitted this and come across a fix or any pointers please let me know!

Sponsored

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
We splice the RTR grille lights into the sidelight feed - that way the owner has control of when they're on. If you feed them from the DRLs then the grille lights will go off when the headlamps or sidelights are switched on. (the sidelights stay on when the headlamps are on).

OP
OP
Gcorry

Gcorry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Thank you for the help Dave, we noted that the LED's did not light up no matter what setting the lights were on/ off.

i have an Autospark nearby, will ask him to splice to the Sidelights. i like the idea of being able to turn them on or off.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
We splice the RTR grille lights into the sidelight feed - that way the owner has control of when they're on. If you feed them from the DRLs then the grille lights will go off when the headlamps or sidelights are switched on. (the sidelights stay on when the headlamps are on).
Unless you add a wire that lines up the sidelights to the DRL so they're both always on.

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-2017-Ford-Mustang-Front-Bumper-Hood-Grill-Grille-DRL-LED-White-Light-Insert/163171875229?fits=Car+Make:Ford|Model:Mustang&epid=26021912069&hash=item25fdcd399d:g:grQAAOSwhUtbXDnk
light.jpg
How was the install on these and how is the quality? Seems amazing value for what you're getting.

I'm after an RTR grill without the lights and was considering these and just removing the lights and cutting out the blanked air holes.

OP
OP
Gcorry

Gcorry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
For what it is worth i love my RTR grill,the LEDS look the business but it looks almost as good with out the LED's. Fit and finish are really good.
Sponsored