Sponsored

So I couldn't wait... got a GT.. Updated with pics :)

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I was just getting the :popcorn:
Leaving the front and stripes to one side, I think the upgrades on the 18 are significant and wish the 15 could rev as hard and loud as the 18! I do think the black wheels look good with the orange

OP
OP
harmzz

harmzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Leaving the front and stripes to one side, I think the upgrades on the 18 are significant and wish the 15 could rev as hard and loud as the 18! I do think the black wheels look good with the orange
Almost like a Jaffa cake, hang on that's more brown :headbonk:

I actually like the digital dash. Saying that did have fun in the manual its been a while and on the test drive it was nice to see people move across just to see a bright orange car coming there way :hail: trying to figure out what it was

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Congratulations! That looks superb!
I agree with [MENTION=26841]DrGrabster[/MENTION], its perfect as is. It'll certainly turn a lot of heads like that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
harmzz

harmzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
So looking at the extended warranty I told the dealer yesterday I would like to get it was told you can do it anytime in first year HMMM I only read can be done by 1st reg.

Now I been told its 449 for extra 2 years less than the 680 I was expecting or 599 for additional 3 years. Now I have never heard of 3 extra years Ford protect.. Confused.com and I even told him its £680 for 2 additional years and I have never heard of 3 additional years.

Anyone have a clue ?

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5 years extended warranty plus 3 years included servicing is what I assume is being alluded to?

OP
OP
harmzz

harmzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Didn't even get the service or ask about it as I know I can make my mind up about that until the 1st service.

Only asked for Ford extended warranty and he apparently checked with the manager and they do extended 3 years :S for 599 I shall find out in the morning but never heard of this ever before considering the car has been registered today I am doubtful they get there info right

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic Grey, Magneride
Vehicle Showcase
20180411_153449_resized.jpg

20180411_161016_resized.jpg

2 quick pics :D 2 days to go :hail:

Another OF outside looks so different in light and dark, credit to ford for such a nice colour IMO. The manual was fun to test drive just for the fun of it lol
Even the women in the background picking her nose doesn't detract away from the beauty in this picture. :lol:

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I agree with comments on the colour scheme. For me the orange and black go really well together.

I've ordered my 2018 in Lightning Blue, M6 with CP2 and MR. I've imported some Project6GR wheels and a space saver 19 inch wheel.

No. Not sure I'll name exact showroom yet, as the delay may not be their fault.
But they seem very relaxed about getting info to me.
Meanwhile they seem very busy shifting 17s.

Didn't even get the service or ask about it as I know I can make my mind up about that until the 1st service.

Only asked for Ford extended warranty and he apparently checked with the manager and they do extended 3 years :S for 599 I shall find out in the morning but never heard of this ever before considering the car has been registered today I am doubtful they get there info right
Sounds confusing to me. Friend of mine bought an FRS about 2yrs ago.
He was initially told he could buy the additional 2yr OEM warranty.
About a month after delivery he called the dealer only to be told he couldn't now buy the additional 2yr warranty.

Are you sure the dealer isn't offering you additional warranty not under written by Ford, a kind of 3rd party warranty provider?

Because of what happened to my friend with the FRS I made sure I included any additional yrs warranty in the vehicle order form.
It's listed on my copy and cost me £680 for an additional 2 yrs.

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with comments on the colour scheme. For me the orange and black go really well together.

I've ordered my 2018 in Lightning Blue, M6 with CP2 and MR. I've imported some Project6GR wheels and a space saver 19 inch wheel.
That would be my spec if I ordered an 18, assuming the CP2 includes the black wheels, can't remember? Im a Race Red person but the Lighting Blue looks great on the 18. Magneride and 6 speed manual are an obvious choice.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
20180411_153449_resized.jpg

20180411_161016_resized.jpg

2 quick pics :D 2 days to go :hail:

Another OF outside looks so different in light and dark, credit to ford for such a nice colour IMO. The manual was fun to test drive just for the fun of it lol
that is stunning, the car looks superb in these pics, it all works
welcome to the world of Mustang, the Rumble of life :cheers:
:D

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
That looks the nuts! I went to the local dealer and saw my first my18 in the metal yesterday. Gotta day that any cuncerns I had over the front end have now evaporated. It looks great in real life. I was quite shocked at the new prices though... for £45k I would expect a few of the problems to be resolved but it looks like they still spray the black stuff on the exhaust only in transit. Has anyone got a handle on if the air con condenser and oil cooler are revised parts on the MY18 designed to last longer?

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I didn't think I liked the new orange, but it looks good in these photo's (maybe its the stripes). I thought I was set on the crimson, but looks like too late to get the exact options I want as I most likely will wait until late summer hoping for the 0% interest to come back. Since they are discontinuing it, I was thinking of the lightning blue, but that's going away too. I guess there is always RR as I almost got that before my guard and its a gorgeous color, but there are more of them out there.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't think I liked the new orange, but it looks good in these photo's (maybe its the stripes). I thought I was set on the crimson, but looks like too late to get the exact options I want as I most likely will wait until late summer hoping for the 0% interest to come back. Since they are discontinuing it, I was thinking of the lightning blue, but that's going away too. I guess there is always RR as I almost got that before my guard and its a gorgeous color, but there are more of them out there.
Having seen the 18s in the US I would not recommend crimson! Id definitely try and get Lighting Blue or some of the darker colours. Race Red doesn't seem to suit the 18.
Sponsored