Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Got my wheel yesterday. Looks nice. I have 2 gripes. One is the stitching on the bottom curves in which is not as clean as OEM. The other is the rubber on left side is a little melted, I'm hoping it doesn't impact the mounting of the trim. I will report if it does.
Glad you got it brother! Looks damn good. Have no fear about the rubber. It’s just part of the molding process. The trim piece that covers it will have no interference and won’t be seen. When you see the stock wheel “naked” it has similar odd features

What stitching area were you at odds with? To my eye it looks good. It’s designed to be more visible so the stitching pattern is different. DCTMS wasn’t necessarily trying to match the OEM stitching pattern

Socalrugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4111
What stitching area were you at odds with? To my eye it looks good. It’s designed to be more visible so the stitching pattern is different. DCTMS wasn’t necessarily trying to match the OEM stitching pattern
I was also trying to find the flaw in the stitching from that picture but it looked flawless to me....granted its a photo

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Got my wheel yesterday. Looks nice. I have 2 gripes. One is the stitching on the bottom curves in which is not as clean as OEM. The other is the rubber on left side is a little melted, I'm hoping it doesn't impact the mounting of the trim. I will report if it does.
Looks great! How did you get yours so fast? Im #5 on the list. Do you have the red stripe in the middle?
How does the wheel feel? Thickness? Leather quality?

Sponsored

kommons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
How is the thickness compared to stock?
I would say it's slightly thicker, I think it feels right.

Glad you got it brother! Looks damn good. Have no fear about the rubber. It’s just part of the molding process. The trim piece that covers it will have no interference and won’t be seen. When you see the stock wheel “naked” it has similar odd features

It's not the pattern, but the direction of the stitching. The OEM, comes down following the diameter, then sharply turns in. This is very minor, but aesthetically looks better on OEM IMO.

I was also trying to find the flaw in the stitching from that picture but it looked flawless to me....granted its a photo
Not a flaw, stitching itself is superb. Compare to the oem on the picture.

Looks great! How did you get yours so fast? Im #5 on the list. Do you have the red stripe in the middle?
I live in Santa Clara which is practically down the street from them, I also paid a minute after being invoiced, maybe an anomaly in sequencing.

The wheels very good, you see some slight heat wrinkles on the bottom leather but only noticeable if you are looking for this, it looks really nice. The carbon resin is perfect, the patter on the carbon is also very very clean. I'm overall very happy with it, will have more feedback once installed.

OEM Wheel for comparison.
OEM_Stitching.jpg

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Some of the wheels are being produced in batches of color. The red wheels had everything on hand. The two toned ones will probably roll out toward the end
I would say it's slightly thicker, I think it feels right.

It's not the pattern, but the direction of the stitching. The OEM, comes down following the diameter, then sharply turns in. This is very minor, but aesthetically looks better on OEM IMO.

Not a flaw, stitching itself is superb. Compare to the oem on the picture.

I live in Santa Clara which is practically down the street from them, I also paid a minute after being invoiced, maybe an anomaly in sequencing.

The wheels very good, you see some slight heat wrinkles on the bottom leather but only noticeable if you are looking for this, it looks really nice. The carbon resin is perfect, the patter on the carbon is also very very clean. I'm overall very happy with it, will have more feedback once installed.

OEM Wheel for comparison.
Gotcha. All I care about is you being happy with the product brother. Want to be sure everyone is getting exactly what they want and the quality is there.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
I agree it would have been better to follow the OEM sharp turn of the stitching at the bottom. It looks a bit weird this way. Do you have a picture of the whole wheel where this is seen relative to the rest of the wheel?

Thanks!

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Here area bunch of side by side photos. This is a newly designed wheel and not an OEM copy. Dimensions, stitching, and shape are all new
5FC913DE-EAE9-4C17-931E-F80B3E320EA4.jpeg
696F0504-577B-48DB-9F84-02FA35C4F296.jpeg
27CC8584-5439-4B60-8665-61DFF0BA853F.jpeg
0F8AD7A4-CA0E-4B97-8479-E4AFD6963CBB.jpeg

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Here area bunch of side by side photos. This is a newly designed wheel and not an OEM copy. Dimensions, stitching, and shape are all new
Absolutely, being different is ok. I was actually looking at side by side pictures of the bottom area that shows the difference of approach in stitching.

Thanks!

Sponsored

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato
My order has been placed and paid for, but after looking at those two photos I want to know if I can request something. I like the thicker banding of a red at the 12 o'clock position of the factory wheel. Is there anyway that I can request my will have a Thicker banding of red?

HotLap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350
50 Deep you have a PM...just found this and would like to get in on the group buy for Option 1 with the red center line and grey stitching to match the rest of the stitching in my 2017 GT350!!

Have already covered a few of the cheap black plastic interior pieces with the real CF dash kit from BMI so it would fit right in!!

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
My order has been placed and paid for, but after looking at those two photos I want to know if I can request something. I like the thicker banding of a red at the 12 o'clock position of the factory wheel. Is there anyway that I can request my will have a Thicker banding of red?
I had someone else ask the same question. The size of the stipe is fixed across the product line for #1. Initially I thought it was slim, but the color is much more vivid since it is not leather. It is pretty catching to the eye as you drive. After about a week of driving I realized it would be too distracting if it was bigger. This was my experience at least.

50 Deep you have a PM...just found this and would like to get in on the group buy for Option 1 with the red center line and grey stitching to match the rest of the stitching in my 2017 GT350!!

Have already covered a few of the cheap black plastic interior pieces with the real CF dash kit from BMI so it would fit right in!!
PM sent brother

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato
Gotcha. Thanks for the update.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Anybody who got theirs already received a tracking #? I am getting impatient, haha, would love to be able to install it over Thanksgiving.
Sponsored