Sponsored

Procharger Stage 2 Installed, Tuning Questions

ramairgt1

15 GT PP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT PP2
It happens even before you start it.....

So doesn't seem related to the blower.
But, if Id check your crank pulley first, and idlers.

But seems hard to say its the blower, when the noise happens before the engine is turning.

I will check everything tonight and provide an under hood video when the car is started. The noise happens when the engine is turning and goes away at higher RPM, then comes back at lower RPM

EDIT: Check your pm please
Sponsored

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Your cylinder head temps seem way to high. My last car had a HO kit with a stock t stat and never saw higher then 215. Now I have a stage 2 kit with 170 t stat and never see higher then 198. Check to see if maybe you have air in the coolant system.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Your cylinder head temps seem way to high. My last car had a HO kit with a stock t stat and never saw higher then 215. Now I have a stage 2 kit with 170 t stat and never see higher then 198. Check to see if maybe you have air in the coolant system.
Kinda what I thought, since I would have to be out beating the living crap out of our cars here to get them over 200 degrees.

But it also seems there is some variation in what the dash reads, vs what a data log reads. (so I am losing faith in how accurate that reading might be)

But an air bubble would be no good.

cyandhappiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
Are you sure the piping connecting from the bottom of the supercharger to the intercooler are all completely secure? When mine blew off under a load it drives just fine anywhere I go normally since the BOV is doing its job, but on start it'll sometimes starve of air a bit and my head temp goes above 220. I was driving with a very expensive vacuum that only make noises.

After that I have all that side secured, the outlet of the intercooler piping blew off under load. Now THAT will shut off your engine and makes you check all of the piping twice. So now the car running normal, only at idle I'll see it goes above 215; once I get moving it'll drop back down to 205ish.

If you are sure you have all of them secure, I will suggest go on a dyno and see what you are making. Only way to find out if it's leaking boost. Not sure about the noise, by that seems to be easier to find with someone rev your car for you to pinpoint it down

ramairgt1

15 GT PP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT PP2
My installer is going to check all of the connections tomorrow. Unfortunately he does not have a dyno yet.

Sponsored

ramairgt1

15 GT PP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT PP2
Here is a video of the head unit noise. My car goes in today to get checked out. My installer told me the other 2 PC tuned cars have the same high cylinder head temps but 2 other non PC tuned cars are not having this issue.

[ame]

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I'll be honest I can't hear anything out of the ordinary, sounds like mine. Maybe you can't capture the sound in video.

ramairgt1

15 GT PP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT PP2
I'm ok with it being normal if thats the case. I'm more worried about the tune issue.

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
It's always better to have it checked out if it doesn't sound normal. But I do know that whenever you record something it doesn't always sound the way it does in person. Do you know anyone else with the same system? Maybe you can compare the sounds of the head unit.

ramairgt1

15 GT PP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT PP2
It's always better to have it checked out if it doesn't sound normal. But I do know that whenever you record something it doesn't always sound the way it does in person. Do you know anyone else with the same system? Maybe you can compare the sounds of the head unit.
I'll be able to compare it today.
I was at caffeine and octane in Atlanta last weekend and did not hear the same noise on the other PC mustangs that were there.

Sponsored

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
When I first started mine I was scared cause it sounded like there was a nut or something bouncing inside the unit but that's just how it sounds lol. I don't know if you mentioned it already bt do you have helical cut gears or straight cut?

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Oh then it might be pretty loud for helica. IF it didn't sound like that before then maybe something is wrong.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
I couldn't hear anything. I have Helical also, and it sounds like that (i only have about 75 miles on it). I was a little nervous about the metal sound at first, but starting to feel that its normal.

You faked me out with the blue NY in your signature. I thought maybe you were close to me in NJ to compare lol

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I am currently being tuned by PBD and I have a similar start issue to what your expirencing. The car turns on fine when cold but once it has been sitting warm it has a hard time turning on on the first push of the button. The second push fires the car right up. Not sure how to log this since the car needs to be on for the datalog to start.
Sponsored