Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I've no interest in upgrading. Which, to be fair, I probably wouldn't have anyway because I'm a cheap ass. But there was potential to wow me, and this just doesn't do it.

The car does look a little better in dark metallic than that ugly orange, though, so there's that. I dunno. If I were in the market now, I probably wouldn't bother waiting, and would just grab a '17. Yeah, it'll have some kind of power bump, and that'd be nice, but nothing a good tune and some cheap mods can't fix.

I'll keep this guy around until at least the S650 comes out. We've only got what, two years to wait for that anyway?
Sponsored

Geotoxic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I want those gauges in my car ):

How much power will blowers add on the new coyote now that it's direct and port injected?

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I'll keep this guy around until at least the S650 comes out. We've only got what, two years to wait for that anyway?
3.5 years about...

All of (year time wise) 2017, 2018, 2019 and released in mid 2020.

Start of production (SOP) of the S650 Mustang has been moved up to May 2020 from the originally-planned SOP of January 2022. This means that the end of production (EOP) for the 6th generation S550 Mustang has been moved to April 2020.

Stingray23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 SVT Raptor
All this and still no heated/cooled seats for the Recaros. JFC

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

Ashiq73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6 Speed Magnetic Metallic

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
In my opinion the gauges transform the driving experience. You stare at them so frequently when you drive it is one of the most important visual pieces of the car.

The interior will have numerous upgrades other than the gauges. the seats have been modified (at least it appears the head rests have) and the option to have red recaros is a cool option as well. I believe there will be a padded thigh support as well as some minor tweaks to chrome trim pieces and a new badge design in front of the passenger seat. Plus a new key fob design, and heated steering wheel option. If youre going to label a section interior, probably should include a majority of the changes, not just the one change that you dont like :shrug:

Just because the automatic is irrelevant to you doesnt mean it is to other people. Like it or not manual sports cars are becoming a thing of the past. I think it is awesome that the performance pack can come with the automatic now.
Is the Perf Pack coming with an automatic in 2018?

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
From Ford.com on the digital gauges....

So it's not going to be available on a base car and not standard on premiums. This is good news for those of us wanting a base GT to not be too expensive.

This is bad news for those really wanting the cluster..you're going to have to pay above and beyond the Premium trim for it.
Not sure that makes much of a difference. if it were included with Premium, premium would have just been that much more expensive.

earlingy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
Guard hasn't been around since the 2015 MY..you're just now noticing?
My 2016 is Guard. I only meant that I like the mechanical upgrades but love th color of mine.
2017 is the year they dropped Guard.

Sponsored

Dudie7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I love everything about this update except the front fascia. Just reminds me of a fish every time I look at it. Anyway, patiently waiting on the power numbers.

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
Not sure if we can go by the file names. Ford marketing isn't that spot on in knowing their own models. Plus seeing a ton named PP...do we think they'll be that many wheel options on the PP?
Oh, I completely agree, it's a total guess at this point.. I'm being hopeful. :)

Dudie7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Yes...it is.

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Some new wheel options in case you missed it (first post updated).

19-inch-Luster-Nickel-Painted-Forged-Aluminum-Wheel-1.jpg

^^ 19" Luster Nickel-Painted Forged Aluminum Wheel

19-inch-Ebony-Black-Painted-Aluminum-Wheel-2.jpg

^^ 19" Ebony Black Painted Aluminum Wheel

19-Polished-Aluminum-Wheel-3.jpg

^^ 19" Polished Aluminum Wheel

19-Ebony-Black-Painted-Aluminum-Wheel-4.jpg

^^ 19'' Ebony Black Painted Aluminum Wheel
Sponsored