I like to disassemble things.
From the GT350 supplement.
Screenshot_2016-09-11-20-50-44.jpg

stang302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
For some reason, I thought I remembered Paul saying 100 lb-ft for his Project 6GR wheels. Hopefully he'll chime in.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Were his 6GR wheels on an S197 I could see a 100 lb-ft recommendation. Or an S550 that has had S197 1/2" size studs swapped into place (such as the ARP studs Cortex sells, etc). But the factory M14 x 1.5 wheel studs use a higher figure, ~ 150 lb-ft, because the size/material properties are such that in order to attain the proper amount of stretch or preload the torque figure had to be higher. If you torque an S550 nut to only 100 lb-ft you won't achieve enough preload to maintain the proper clamping force or friction between the rotor face and the wheel register. This can result in fatigue in the stud - not good.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They were balanced by N4S when they installed the Extreme DW's. They did a great job. While the number and placement are a bit different on each wheel/tire, here's a shot of the backside where you can see some of the weights at about the 5 o'clock position on the R spec. Right click/view image/zoom for a closer look.

OP
OP
Need4SpeedMotors

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform

stang302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I would be surprised if they didn't, but did you make sure they did a high speed balance? Usually you see the weights placed how they are in the picture of the stock wheel. Clip-on on the inside along with the sticky weights towards the front of the wheel. Not saying what they did is wrong, but would just want to be sure, especially if planning on driving this car as it was intended.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would be surprised if they didn't, but did you make sure they did a high speed balance? Usually you see the weights placed how they are in the picture of the stock wheel. Clip-on on the inside along with the sticky weights towards the front of the wheel. Not saying what they did is wrong, but would just want to be sure, especially if planning on driving this car as it was intended.
Some wheels do have weights on the outside and the inside. N4S used quality weights and placed applied them properly.

Paul, did you see Epiphany's comments regarding the studs of S550's? This causes me some concern. Will your wheels be fine if torquing to the factory spec of 150 lb-ft?
The low side of the factory Ford recommended spec is 135 lb-ft. I would not go below that.

OP
OP
Need4SpeedMotors

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform

Im actually speaking to my tech to see why it has that, but never the less they are trained techs so when they balance they know what their doing.

As for the torque if you want to do 135-150 you can.

We do 100 ft lbs no issues I have mine at 100 ft lbs and beat the snot out of it no issues.

when tracking I recommend you of course check your specs.

OP
OP
Need4SpeedMotors

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)