Sponsored

█ 15-16 Ford Mustang GT350 Style Front Bumper Conversion | Lips | Trunk Spoilers █

kingstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Very good paint job. Looks stock and can't believe that bumper looks like it was stock too on your car.
I guess it's a very good fit and started to make me think I will do that to my car too, sometime.
Your car looks great mate, how did you go with the defective grill. Did they replace it?
Thanks Kaps.......Yes it is a very good fit.........The defective grille was a nightmare because its a 48hr process before they can send out another one, and the first replacement they sent me was the lower grille so I had to wait another 48hrs..
Sponsored

dannycoconuts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I definitely wouldn't recommend having them paint it. I got e
mine when they first started selling them at the 999 preprinted special and I have paint peeling in quite a few spots and it's most likely going to have to be completely repainted. Ikon initially reached out to me about trying to make things right so we'll see, not going to have it repainted until I hear from them that they'll cover the costs completely.... it's been a week since hearing back, so I'll update with what they decide will make this right.

Not to mention since I was the first performance package gt to install, they didn't realize it wasn't designed to work with the pp so I had to figure out that process on my own and send them pics of how to get it to work. Which required destruction of my stock pp splitter. So you can say I have run into a few slight issues since I purchased. Hopefully they've fixed that by now.

I'll post pictures when I'm at a computer.

Sponsored

kingstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I definitely wouldn't recommend having them paint it. I got e
mine when they first started selling them at the 999 preprinted special and I have paint peeling in quite a few spots and it's most likely going to have to be completely repainted. Ikon initially reached out to me about trying to make things right so we'll see, not going to have it repainted until I hear from them that they'll cover the costs completely.... it's been a week since hearing back, so I'll update with what they decide will make this right.

Not to mention since I was the first performance package gt to install, they didn't realize it wasn't designed to work with the pp so I had to figure out that process on my own and send them pics of how to get it to work. Which required destruction of my stock pp splitter. So you can say I have run into a few slight issues since I purchased. Hopefully they've fixed that by now.

I'll post pictures when I'm at a computer.
I still had to use the inner piece of the stock pp splitter, I didn't have to butcher anything, I had to drill one additional hole in the bottom rear of the splitter.

brock2621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
Stripe kit complete, now if those Howler badges can come to life, I'd be golden!!!
This looks phenom... I can sorta tell the color difference but its way better than others I've seen. Fit and finish looks superb and really took this beast to another level. This is making me want to get one again.

On a side note, I've got a cali special and would LOVE to re-use k modify my existing grill, does anyone know if that's possible?

Sponsored

EddieGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2012 Challenger SRT8, 67 Fastback
This looks phenom... I can sorta tell the color difference but its way better than others I've seen. Fit and finish looks superb and really took this beast to another level. This is making me want to get one again.

On a side note, I've got a cali special and would LOVE to re-use k modify my existing grill, does anyone know if that's possible?
I don't mean to sound rude, but with the body contours and reflecting light, I don't see how you can see a color difference. It's your eyes playing tricks on you. You know it's been painted so you purposely try to find the flaws in fit and finish. I can't see any. That's on of the best paint jobs I've seen for magnetic, particularly in this forum. JMHO

brock2621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
I don't mean to sound rude, but with the body contours and reflecting light, I don't see how you can see a color difference. It's your eyes playing tricks on you. You know it's been painted so you purposely try to find the flaws in fit and finish. I can't see any. That's on of the best paint jobs I've seen for magnetic, particularly in this forum. JMHO
Yeah after looking at it again, it might be my eyes tricking me. I'm on my phone so it's not best but I was thinking the top section next to hood seen was off but I think it's just reflections.
IMG_0438.jpg

kingstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Looking into pre-painted Race Red (PQ)...should I just go with non-painted and have a local shop paint it?
Do not let Ikon pre-paint your bumper, not only will you deal with a non matching color, you'll be dealing with poor quality paint.

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback PP Auto
Looking into pre-painted Race Red (PQ)...should I just go with non-painted and have a local shop paint it?
+1 what kingstang said
Sponsored