• Poll closed .

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
The good thing is, for all the Ricer's, they can keep their PP strut tower brace that they believe is doing some serious shit for handling :thumbsup: lol
:tsk::tsk:
Sponsored

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The good thing is, for all the Ricer's, they can keep their PP strut tower brace that they believe is doing some serious shit for handling :thumbsup: lol
Guess that is why they also include them on the GT350's...maybe Ford does it just for the ricers who have $60k plus to burn and everyone else should remove them?

And in the event you ever own a GT350R with the aluminum brace, I would be happy to take it off of your hands since you won't need it and because you wouldn't want to look like a ricer!

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
Guess that is why they also include them on the GT350's...maybe Ford does it just for the ricers who have $60k plus to burn and everyone else should remove them?

And in the event you ever own a GT350R with the aluminum brace, I would be happy to take it off of your hands since you won't need it and because you wouldn't want to look like a ricer!
They included one on my GT PP as well. Which was not $60k. It was a joke brother. Lighten up. it wasn't meant to offend. Butt.. you're very welcome to buy the virtually useless brace that I took off of mine :) But you have a PP, so you already have one. I've seen them on $2,500 civics as well.. so I am not sure what a $60k car has to do with it. I have no interest in a GT350R or an aluminum brace. The brace does very little. On my $40k GT OR the $60k GT350R. :cheers:

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
The brace does very little.
That is a vague statement with no data to back it up. When you say it does very little. Is that by the calibrated gauge in the seat of your pants? What is you SOYP gauge referenced at? What is your SOYP baseline?

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
That is a vague statement with no data to back it up. When you say it does very little. Is that by the calibrated gauge in the seat of your pants? What is you SOYP gauge referenced at? What is your SOYP baseline?
Come on man.. we all know the braces are 95% for looks. On the GT AND on the GT350. When I removed mine, I literally felt ZERO difference in handling. I take the same route daily, and I can maintain the exact same speeds through hard turns that I could with the brace on. And it feels just as tight. For the guys who like the brace, cool, I have no problem with it. I thought it looked cool on my car too. But that's about all it did, was look cool. Functionally I feel no difference at all. That was the "ricer" comment. As it is much more of a "looks" piece than it is actually doing anything. My data is driving the same car daily, on the same route daily, with and without the brace. Again.. if you like the brace and believe in the brace, awesome, enjoy :cheers:

Sponsored

Inigo

P2P Engineering
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT 6spd
The reason why I object is because it looks to similar like an LS based supercharger, and not the way a supercharger is supposed to look on a mustang but then again everyone is entitled to an opinion and if we all agreed on things a lot of things would be one sided but that's just my opinion on the kit
Why is there an issue with the "looks" of an LS based supercharger? Who defined what a supercharger is "supposed" to look like in a mustang? You are entitled to your opinion.

Superman15: In principal, strut tower braces prevent deflection under high loads. It is your opinion, that on the 2015 mustang specifically, a strut tower brace offers no perceptible difference in performance. You are entitled to your opinion.

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
It doesn't look like the "typical" SC you see sitting on top of a Coyote. But I think it's one of those things that might surprise people how good it looks in person. It certainly looks "different", but it flows pretty nicely in the engine bay.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
In regards to the brace, it does do very little. There is enough data out there on the web.

In regards to this SC, the big fail for me is the TB. Reusing the stock TB is going to restrict the system and probably be one of the lower powered SC on the market. There are other proven systems on the market.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Again.. if you like the brace and believe in the brace, awesome, enjoy :cheers:
If one does not embrace & have faith in the brace, one will not benefit from it's presence in the engine bay .............
- ancient Chinese proverb :ninja:

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
It will be interesting to see power results and feedback from people who have one, once it's on the open market. Purely on looks alone, it's not bad at all.

Sponsored

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
If one does not embrace & have faith in the brace, one will not benefit from it's presence in the engine bay .............
- ancient Chinese proverb :ninja:
Your chi is strong young grasshopper :hail::hail:

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I literally felt ZERO difference in handling.
So it was SOYP. I was just making sure it was the SOYP meter and not something new I needed to add to my car. Cool story bruh.

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
So it was SOYP. I was just making sure it was the SOYP meter and not something new I needed to add to my car. Cool story bruh.
Definitely doesn't compare to the "data" and feedback that you provided to prove me wrong :thumbsup: Glad you're enjoying that amazing brace Sparky :headbang:

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Definitely doesn't compare to the "data" and feedback that you provided to prove me wrong :thumbsup: Glad you're enjoying that amazing brace Sparky :headbang:
I didn't make the assertion or the ricer comment there little one.

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's a really clean and OEM looking kit.

I guess it has to be ugly and tacky to be considered "right" by OP?
Sponsored