Hopefully I'll be back in an EB soon!!

OP
OP

scott2683

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
That's a good question Martin. I will definitely ask and have it done before purchase, you would think since it's on a ford dealership it should have been taken care of, but I wouldn't hold my breath!
Sponsored

oustaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2016 Mustang
I just saw on autotrader.com a premium ecoboost manual perf pack for 22k.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
I just saw on autotrader.com a premium ecoboost manual perf pack for 22k.
Where at and how many miles? Man, where was this when my car got totaled out around new year's? :frusty:

OP
OP

scott2683

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I'm definitely not going to fly all the way out to NJ to spend $2k more on options I don't care for. I'm not putting the premium down, the options are nice, my brother has one, but it's just not something I am looking for.

There's always going to be a better deal, but I don't feel I'm getting ripped off at $20k .... actually I haven't been able to find one cheaper within 250 miles of Indy.

Sponsored

Fasstang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ITGUY
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EBPP
Base, I can't find a premium ecoboost around here for under $26000 used
Fly to Dallas and get a EBPP brand new for 25500 on the dealer I got...and drive the way back enjoying the view. I wouldnt buy a used one...you never know how abused it was. If you want to check the prices of this dealer, just google Five Star Ford Plano and see for yourself!
Good luck.

OP
OP

scott2683

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I can't believe they don't have a single 6spd manual EB on the lot!!

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
I see tons of EB Premiums selling here for around $24k.. almost all of them are ex-rental cars.

That being said, I would absolutely not buy a used ecoboost.. ever. That warranty is worth it's weight in gold.

I would suggest, only buy a used EB if you don't care about the warranty and are looking to mod.. me personally, I regret buying this thing 100%.. I liked it at first, but slowly began to find too many faults with it. If I could trade it in for a V6 and walk away with the same payments, I would.. Hell I might just do that, Koons had a black V6 051A manual for $22k.. that's crazy.

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
Check the MPG on the trip computer..you will be able to figure out how hard the car was driven. Mine was on the lot for a while and the first 250 miles they got like 18.5 MPG...since I have averaged 28.3 so you know those were hard miles.

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost, 2016 Mercedes C300
If it is a certified preowned and you are getting the 100,000mile warranty would be worth it for the warranty. I have been having a blast with my ecoboost but I do have concerns about the engine so a better warranty would be worth a little extra.

Sponsored

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
New Jersey and 19500 miles.

Man, Jersey must be a really depressed second-hand market. A used PP Ecoboost is as rare as hen's teeth, and it should have commanded about a $1700 premium over a non-PP ecoboost car (that's what I got over the amount they would have paid me for a normal ecoboost when my car was totaled out-written into their report). The mileage was a bit on the high side, though...and it is also in the rust belt, where they salt the roads in the winter ;)

OP
OP

scott2683

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I see tons of EB Premiums selling here for around $24k.. almost all of them are ex-rental cars.

That being said, I would absolutely not buy a used ecoboost.. ever. That warranty is worth it's weight in gold.

I would suggest, only buy a used EB if you don't care about the warranty and are looking to mod.. me personally, I regret buying this thing 100%.. I liked it at first, but slowly began to find too many faults with it. If I could trade it in for a V6 and walk away with the same payments, I would.. Hell I might just do that, Koons had a black V6 051A manual for $22k.. that's crazy.
From the MULTIPLE posts I've read of yours, you really seem to dislike your car, if I were you I would just go trade the thing in! There's no need being that unhappy, no matter what the financial hit is!

OP
OP

scott2683

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
How weird is this, I did some research on the car, it was sold to and titled to Ford Motor Company, and then sold at auction over a year later to the ford dealership that I am looking to buy it through.

Do you think it was an executives car? I would imagine they would drive something with more options.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
How weird is this, I did some research on the car, it was sold to and titled to Ford Motor Company, and then sold at auction over a year later to the ford dealership that I am looking to buy it through.

Do you think it was an executives car? I would imagine they would drive something with more options.
Could have been a press car (like the ones they give to car magazines to do reviews...) ;)

EDIT: could be a lease return, too...does the manufacturer or dealer own the car when you lease it?

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT

I would prefer a car that was bought (not leased) by an individual. Maybe someone buys an EB, and later trades it for a GT, truck, 4-door sedan, etc. Sometimes you can find such a car purchased and then traded back to the same dealership.

I looked at a 1-2 year old Benz on the showroom floor of a Benz dealership and they listed as single owner! It wasn't very obvious on the carfax but it was a loaner car. That might be still be ok, but it didn't get a deep discount off of new.

edit: I doubt you would find a manual transmission as a loaner car, so for that Ecoboost, its hard to say
Sponsored