Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GTPP Triple Yellow
Here's a lap in my stock GTPP at Sebring at a Chin Motorsports event. I was able to convince the wife to let me take her daily driver for a spin. I was pretty impressed with what the car did right out of the box. The only thing done to this car was a cat back exhaust (needed the sound) and an oil change. I was 1 second quicker over my 2013 track pack GT with suspension mods. That was driving this car like it was my wife's daily driver too.:) Didn't want to have to make a really bad phone call home. :paddle:

[ame]

See if you can figure out why I picked this lap to post.;)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Orange_cru$h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO Premium Pkg 6A 3.15 18"
Went by a Camaro and Gt350..Nice!

OP
OP
Gatorac

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
You see the Z28 give me the point then romp on the gas. "Yea buddy, I caught you because of my horsepower".:rolleyes::D:ford:

grue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Base GT + PP1
nice with the camaro. should've nudged him off the track :) no no.

i don't know why, but i love sebring. i would love lapping it. awesome video!

i bet the IRS really helps at this track!

OP
OP
Gatorac

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
I'm spoiled as Sebring is my home track. It's an hour away. It is a great lap even though it lacks any significant elevation change. The history of the place can't be denied. My first real race was here. Several podiums with good friends in endurance races. Sunrise over Sebring is one of my favorite times. I've watched it from the paddock as well as the infield during the 12 hours. Good times.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gatorac

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Sunrise
IMG_3293 [989698].jpg

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
You might be stock but the driver mod certainly isn't. Good job!

k757

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT V8
it was nice watching this, thanks.

driver mod > cars driven

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Very nice. I've got to get down there this year....

OP
OP
Gatorac

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
You might be stock but the driver mod certainly isn't. Good job!
I'm glad you saw the point of the video. So many times drivers are looking for a faster car or that next mod to make their car faster. The nut behind the wheel is the most important part. I do a lot of coaching and I look for opportunities to get coaching as well.

Take advantage of every opportunity you get to receive some driver coaching. It's more rewarding to drive a slow car fast.

Sponsored

grue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Base GT + PP1
i'm lucky to have road america as my home track also 1 hr away. life changing moment when i did my first track day although i was pretty nervous. the 4th track day was best as it was late in the afternoon and the novice group was pretty thin, my instructor did a lead/follow with me in his vette - that was really a moment, he had disappeared and i went down the back strait into canada corner with no other cars near me... it was like time stood still with the trees over hanging the track side fences...

i concluded people who live near tracks are the luckiest people in the world! and that includes the ones never seen on tv!

10 years ago when i did my first auto-x i learned two things: driver driver driver and, you can literally make any car fast without a ton of effort :)

OP
OP
Gatorac

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Road America is another great lap. I always wonder, who the hell named this turn "The Kink"? That's no kink, its a fricken turn and it's scary as hell going flat through it knowing if you lift, your done.

grue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Base GT + PP1
Road America is another great lap. I always wonder, who the hell named this turn "The Kink"? That's no kink, its a fricken turn and it's scary as hell going flat through it knowing if you lift, your done.
i have the benefit of ignorance is bliss going through there! seriously though, i treat it as a corner and will either not accelerate so much before it or brake before it :) my thing is just not turning in too soon! from what i can tell you don't want a late apex on it!

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
You see the Z28 give me the point then romp on the gas. "Yea buddy, I caught you because of my horsepower".:rolleyes::D:ford:
Nice.

You don't suppose that you being the second Mustang he'd had to point by in the same lap had anything to do with it now, do you?

He should have had a ringside seat for the GT350 pointing you by . . . wonder if he found out that you were driving your wife's DD and with at least a measure of caution.

Norm

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Nice seeing someone else running a stock GTPP. When you go back to Palmer you need to take Wifey's car with you. Good footage of Sebring, I just did the webinar with Ross and Johan on Sebring. Hoping to run a couple of events there this year with NASA or Chin if I can get in.
Sponsored