Sponsored

Your Anti-theft Solutions?

14MustangV6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Guys, please enlighten me. I have the enhanced security also. But I havent had any kind of alarm go off and I've tried to trigger whatever alarm the car has by pushing on it, trying to open the doors, etc. while the key fob is some distance away. But nothing happens. No honking of the horn, siren, flahing lights, etc. Am I missing something? Do I need to do something to "set" the alarm, other than clicking the key fob to lock the car? If I do hit the fob twice the car honks, but again, if I come back a while later and push up and down on the car or try to open the doors, nothing.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
My understanding is the alarm will only go off for a significant tilt (i.e. if someone tries to tow the car), or if an individual somehow gets in the car (doors open or motion sensors detect movement). Simply trying to open the doors won't trigger the alarm.
Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Where I used to live, my next door neighbor parked his car on the street, but had a 'proximity' alarm installed. A slight jiggle set off the alarm. Neighbor kids, at night, would run by and give it a light push and the alarm would go off. After half a dozen false alarms, my neighbor came out to find that someone had smashed his windshield. He disabled the alarm and had no further problems.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Guys, please enlighten me. I have the enhanced security also. But I havent had any kind of alarm go off and I've tried to trigger whatever alarm the car has by pushing on it, trying to open the doors, etc. while the key fob is some distance away. But nothing happens. No honking of the horn, siren, flahing lights, etc. Am I missing something? Do I need to do something to "set" the alarm, other than clicking the key fob to lock the car? If I do hit the fob twice the car honks, but again, if I come back a while later and push up and down on the car or try to open the doors, nothing.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
I had mine go off the other day by the thump when I dropped a windshield wiper down from the raised position.

Degen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
Where I used to live, my next door neighbor parked his car on the street, but had a 'proximity' alarm installed. A slight jiggle set off the alarm. Neighbor kids, at night, would run by and give it a light push and the alarm would go off. After half a dozen false alarms, my neighbor came out to find that someone had smashed his windshield. He disabled the alarm and had no further problems.
Good story, those hair trigger alarms are so annoying and accomplish nothing. Not only have we been conditioned to ignore them, there's also the group social dynamic that groups of people will often not act in these situations. A prime example used is a woman was murdered next to an apartment building in New York. Many people could hear her screams but offered no assistance as they all figured somebody else would.

Sponsored

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
My understanding is the alarm will only go off for a significant tilt (i.e. if someone tries to tow the car), or if an individual somehow gets in the car (doors open or motion sensors detect movement). Simply trying to open the doors won't trigger the alarm.
Hmm. Okay. I don't want it going off for just any ole thing, but I've started wondering if my car actually has an alarm or if its working.

Thanks for your reply.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Park in a garage. If you have a garage and park it outside... (?) ... but if you do, don't leave your garage door opener in the car. Lock your house door... (!) ... seems obvious, but you'd be surprised how few people lock the door from their house to the garage.

It's really quite simple to get into a garage, but don't make it easier by leaving a remote outside! Even w/o the remote, it takes just a few seconds to get the door open - super easy. Now if your house door is open, I have easy access to your house. I can do lots of stuff here. But if I don't want to make a big fuss, I'll just swipe the keys... which are usually right next to the door. And if you keep a gun in the glove box - well isn't this my lucky day!

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
Security is a big issue at work. At home, she sleeps in the garage, so, i don't even think about it.

I don't worry about the car being stolen so much as i worry about someone busting windows to get to whatever is inside. if they want the nothing of value that i might have sitting in there one day, there really isn't anything that an alarm or anything else is going to do to stop them. I just don't leave anything of value sitting in the car.

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium

Monster_Load

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT Premium, 2007 Tundra Limited
If our car was on this list I might be worried...

Thefts per year...

1. Honda Accord, 53,995
  2. Honda Civic, 45,001
  3. Chevrolet Silverado, 27,809
  4. Ford F-150, 26,494
  5. Toyota Camry, 14,420
  6. Dodge/Ram Pickup, 11,347
  7. Dodge Caravan, 10,911
  8. Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee, 9,272
  9. Toyota Corolla, 9,010
  10. Nissan Altima, 8,892
Top New Cars Stolen (2013):

1. Nissan Altima, 810
  2. Ford Fusion, 793
  3. Ford F-150, 775
  4. Toyota Corolla, 669
  5. Chevrolet Impala, 654
  6. Hyundai Elantra, 541
  7. Dodge Charger, 536
  8. Chevrolet Malibu, 529
  9. Chevrolet Cruze, 499
  10. Ford Focus, 483

Sponsored

14MustangV6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Hmm. Okay. I don't want it going off for just any ole thing, but I've started wondering if my car actually has an alarm or if its working.

Thanks for your reply.
For a quick test, roll your window down and get out and lock the door (either with the remote or with the door button while door is still open). After a couple of minutes, try sticking your arm in the open window. The alarm should go off.

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
If your vehicle has the digital dash (2018-19) then it has the on-board modem for the Ford Pass phone app that, when activated, will send a message to your phone if the alarm system is triggered. Sorry, Bullitt owners, the digit dash is there but they did not include the modem.
The phone app also has a vehicle location feature as well.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
nothing but factory systems and locks. thrust me, been there done that, if someone steals her I dont want her back.

Juiced35th

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David Luke
Vehicle(s)
19 PP GT
So 18-19 non digital dash mustangs dont have some kind of lojack or tracking device? I find that hard to believe this day in age that all new cars dont have some way to track them.
Sponsored