Sponsored

You asked for it, Corsa Answered!!!

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Feel free to PM a vendor on here for your Corsa pricing :D If you're saying Solo is half the price than you must also be comparing Corsa catalog pricing to Solo vendor pricing.
No thx, already have my dream exhaust - had to do it myself :D

Plus I'm not a big fan of Corsa...
Sponsored

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
So you're entire judgement is based upon whether it drones or not. :doh:

and because it does not, you somehow believe more R&D was put into it vs a competitor. :doh::doh:
Yep, absolutely basing it on that, because you moronically assume someone would go out of their way to MAKE a system drone through their R&D? Yea that'll help sales. If it cost nothing or didn't take any R&D to make a system not drone, why are there still systems that drone? man you're dense. It takes A TON of time to get an exhaust that makes louder than factory sound, sounds GOOD, and does not drone.

I also base it on performance, which the playing field is entirely level, very little difference in performance between systems, in fact in most platforms the cat back is just for sound over a factory cat back, cars these days come with fantastic flowing factory exhausts.

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
And by the way, I had a Solo Mach V, that said "no drone" with the J pipe setup, and guess what, IT DRONED. pretty badly around 7-73mph in 6th around 22-2300rpms.

Went to COrsa sport, GONE, no more, and my interior sound level has gone down dramatically. So if I follow your car accident of a thought pattern, there was more R&D in the Solo system since it droned more and made more interior resonance. Makes sense...

Sponsored

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
My friend's Corsa drones...I reckon it must be broken :lol:
And my moms sister's internet friend in Ohio's dog also has a Corsa that drones, they once told me at a bar late one night. Your point? You've got guys that have owned them, and providing direct feedback in this thread.

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
And my moms sister's internet friend in Ohio's dog also has a Corsa that drones, they once told me at a bar late one night. Your point? You've got guys that have owned them, and providing direct feedback in this thread.
You know - I had to modify that corsa because that super duper engineers forgot to put some smoke in that fake pipe...and while doing this I had a GOOD EXPERIENCE and it drones...

Drone is subjective. Some would say it drones like crazy, some would say it has no drone. Plus every engine drones at different frequency - approx 4200 rpm for
a S550...in a case you didn't know.

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
With you there bud on the subjective drone judgment, but I will say there is very little debate around ZERO drone. Not even a hint, sounds like the mufflers are mounted on someone elses car from the inside. And I have none at 4200, or any rpm for that matter.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
No thx, already have my dream exhaust - had to do it myself :D

Plus I'm not a big fan of Corsa...
Congrats! So do I :D Corsa Extremes.. get compliments and complaints on them all the time! :thumbsup:

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Sorry I was inaccurate when I said half.

More like 39.1% cheaper based on list price. No discounts.

Solo: $974.93 - Full 3" with black tip catback.

http://solo-performance.com/cat-back-mach-xv-exhaust-system5-0l-ford-mustang-gt-2015-present

Corsa: $1,573.95 - Full 3" with black tip catback.

http://www.corsaperformance.com/vie...Mustang&submodel=GT&partnum=14332BLK&cfg=1890

The solo is .25" larger and though applies it differently, offers no drone technology. My Thunder does not drone but I will agree that drone and the level of drone is subjective.

Both companies list that the pipes are stainless but do not specify type or origin. Most likely both use 409 with 304 for the tips.

Last edited:

Sponsored

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Sorry I was inaccurate when I said half.

More like 45.4% cheaper based on list price. No discounts.

Solo: $974.93 (Full 3" with black tip catback.

http://solo-performance.com/cat-back-mach-xv-exhaust-system5-0l-ford-mustang-gt-2015-present

Corsa: $1,752.95 (Only 2.75") Black tip catback.

http://www.corsaperformance.com/vie...=Ford&model=Mustang&partnum=14341BLK&cfg=1971

The solo is .25" larger and though applies it differently, offers no drone technology. My Thunder does not drone but I will agree that drone and the level of drone is subjective.

Both companies list that the pipes are stainless but do not specify type or origin. Most likely both use 409 with 304 for the tips.
Buy Solo, save 300 more and you can afford Texas Speed headers(for Corsa price)...

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Buy Solo, save 300 more and you can afford Texas Speed headers(for Corsa price)...
I went with MAK cat deletes but yeah.

My only point has been that folks are simply paying too much for what they are getting. But whatever. When our parts start costing what BMW guys pay, maybe folks will be a bit more pissed and vote with their dollars.

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I went with MAK cat deletes but yeah.

My only point has been that folks are simply paying too much for what they are getting. But whatever. When our parts start costing what BMW guys pay, maybe folks will be a bit more pissed and vote with their dollars.
Spending your money is your problem and yours only. I couldn't care less.

I just can't stand those keyboard commandos trying to convince you that there's nothing better from Corsa...

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Corsa is 304 100% from pipes to tips.
Sponsored