Sponsored

YELLOW SPANNER OF DOOM !!!!

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
Yesterday used my GT after sitting on the drive for 7 days over christmas, got 100 yards down the road and no power and car appeared to go into Limp mode, Yellow spanner came up on the dash and so i turned around and parked back up on the drive.

Called Fords and car is going in next tuesday to be checked over. Im planning on having a look over the car the weekend but has anyone else had this before and know what the problem is ??

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
Have you tried starting it again? I had similar once but when I restarted it was running fine and no yellow spanner.

OP
OP
Harebear72

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
After the problem Thursday morning the car has sat on my drive. This afternoon went for a 2) minute blast and all good with no issues or spanner coming on. Hopefully all ok now.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Spanner can literally be thousands of things, especially coupled with limp mode, i've got a cobb accesport that reads OBD codes which i can use when it occurs, to see error codes, it'll tell you what's gone wrong since last reset - in my case when i went limp it was the TMAP going into overboost and cutting off.