X pipe vs. H pipe

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Ok All, looking for pros, cons, good, bad, ugly or whatever about these two pipes. Will I gain or lose HP? Will I lose or gain MPG?:shrug:

Any and all info appreciated.:D

I am soon to receive a 2016 GT/CS. Right now I am just looking for a bit more low growl. I am not looking for loudness. And I do not like the raspiness of some louder setups. I am planning on just removing the resonator, all else is staying all stock.;)

I have been doing a fair bit of reading, but cant find a direct comparison. :confused:
Sponsored

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
I love my HeartThrob H-Pipe. It is the way the car should sound from the factory.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
X pipe owner here. If you're only going to do the resonator delete, get the H pipe. The Stock mufflers are a bit too raspy at high RPM with the X. The gains between each are within a dyno margin of error over stock, so essentially negligible. If you plan to eventually do one of the milder axle-backs, consider the X.

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Whatever you choose you will get a bump in growl and save weight from that anchor of a resonator. Less MPG because you will want to get on the gas more. :D

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Whatever you choose you will get a bump in growl and save weight from that anchor of a resonator. Less MPG because you will want to get on the gas more. :D
I like your answer:headbang: Sounds about right too:cheers:

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Think it will be an H pipe. Now something else...

Now another question.......

I am leaning toward an H pipe. I have seen different types (brands). I have noticed the cross piece has different placements for different pipes. Does this make a difference to the sound. I would think the change in lengths on either side of the H cross piece would make the sound different. I assume the placement of the H cross piece would change the tuning of the exhaust???? is this correct? Or am I just full of shit???:D

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Now another question.......

I am leaning toward an H pipe. I have seen different types (brands). I have noticed the cross piece has different placements for different pipes. Does this make a difference to the sound. I would think the change in lengths on either side of the H cross piece would make the sound different. I assume the placement of the H cross piece would change the tuning of the exhaust???? is this correct? Or am I just full of shit???:D
There won't be a significant difference in sound unless they're literally feet apart. Most are within a few inches of each other.

I'd go with the Lethal or MRT, personally.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Heartthrob h-pipe here from AM. Hard to beat the pricing, especially with the discount.

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Heartthrob h-pipe here from AM. Hard to beat the pricing, especially with the discount.
I just added an H-pipe with my Pypes Street Pro touring and the sound is amazing. I'll probably have to put the resonator back on at some point though because I'm definitely making babies cry at every stop light.

Everyone:
I noticed some torque loss, does the car just need to relearn or will this be sorted/improved once I load up my tuner?

TRAKDAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I have seen the h-pipes available but everyone seems to be for the stock exhaust to cut and bolt in place. I wanted to replace my Borla ATAK 2.5" exhaust x-pipe with an h-pipe. Is there not one that you can buy and bolt up? Would I have to have a shop fab one to fit?

Hurricane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, '21 330i (Wifemobile)
Heartthrob FTW! Great price and a cinch to install! :thumbsup:

Less MPG because you will want to get on the gas more. :D
This is DEFINITELY true. Between my tune and my exhaust setup, I dropped my MPGs a decent amount, although I'm enjoying the car about 10x more now, so it's a worthy trade-off. :thumbsup:
Sponsored