Sponsored

Worst Mustang or Worst Car ever built ?

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
On Vacation I've rented Corollas, Camrys, Sonatas, Elantras, Cruzes and they all suck. Ratty wheezy was engines. Horrible ride and cabin noise. Rattles. Cheap ass interiors.

The most disappointing was the 2017 Camry. Seriously, I don't know how Toyota sells so many of those. I thought it was going to be a comfortable quiet cruiser but that thing rode so rough and there was so much road noise. My 2018 GTPP2 with low profile 305 tires at 4 corners rides better.
Something may have been wrong with that Camry. I have some seat time in a 2016 Camry XSE and i have the complete opposite perception that you have.

It was definitely a slow appliance but the ride was extremely comfortable. Interior quality is going to be cheap on fleet rental economy car. That's kind of the point. Upper level trims of the Camry and Accord are far from cheap though.

Funny you mention interiors since American manufacturers have only recently gotten their shit together in that aspect.

What i've noticed with American cars is that powertrains are almost always solid. It's everything else that tends to be suspect.
Sponsored

Last edited:

OrangeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium Competition Orange
Every car manufacturer has their issues just remember that. I think the S550 is perfect in my eyes but i just wish the MT82 trans was built better.

OrangeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium Competition Orange
1263aj7.jpg

Here’s a Challenger’s tail misaligned.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
1263aj7.jpg

Here’s a Challenger’s tail misaligned.
I have never seen a MOPAR product with great alignment, I looked at an 80k Demon widebody, holy crap the gaps were horrible.

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2sF868Uv2tRZjlUeVdiSnNNbU9KaHAydkZlU0Q3YkQ4NDRj

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2sF868Uv2tRT2ljNGNjSWRSdkt5Mk54VjRBNDdjOXJuQVU4

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2sF868Uv2tRVmZlazIzU1RodXUyNkN1SGViTTV6aUFHZl9j

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2sF868Uv2tRV2pIRTFEZ1ZwZzdiS2w3ODZCYi0ySTZJUURF

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2sF868Uv2tRekNkMFYwa21FV2tNOXhQUGtWUXRneTFsTG4w

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2sF868Uv2tRdU43UlB1Vnc1eXBaQUVRSkNTTnVYUDdjeXNz

So, I never thought I would say this about Mustang, but I'm really kicking myself for buying a 40K + car with such a poor build quality, please tell me these unaligned panels are unacceptable :(

It's not just the panel alignment issues, I can't even tell you how bad the interior rattles are, there's a constant noise coming from air vents on the passenger side the moment I start cruising in 45+ mph. And the fun doesn't stop there, the moment the roads get a very little bumpy everything in the car rattles, the dash the doors, I wouldn't even be surprised if something falls off someday while driving on not 100% perfect roads.

I wonder if there is a thing called quality control at Ford ?:doh: Who ever worked on building and assembling my mustang deserve to be fired.

I'm going to stop my ranting now and ask the actual question for posting this .. So, what are the chances of getting all these things fixed at a dealership ?

P.S - I can't go to the actual dealership I bought this vehicle from because I got this vehicle from out of state (I can't believe I drove 1000 miles to and fro to buy this 40K crap :frusty:)
Damn I was mad at my trunk and look at yours. I know it is the coolest performance car for the money but, this is not acceptable.
When I was taking the delivery of my car first thing was to check alignments. I had a trunk alignment issue and they promised me that they fix it.
they fixed it with warranty but it probably was much simpler issue to fix.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
When I picked up my used, mint '15 I immediately saw the misalignment of the drivers side hood. It was factory, no doubt about it. It actually left the plant that way. I will align it properly. My 2005 Mustang GT was nearly perfect as was my 2007 GT/CS. Then the Bullitt was so-s0 and the 2011 GT was very good.

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
2018 Mustang GT

Purchased 3/27/18. Misaligned fender repaired by dealer. Still in shop for last 4 weeks to replace short block. Buyback with Ford in process. 1,555 miles.

OP
OP

amfm144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2012 Mustang V6
Thanks. I will try covering it with something and see if the noise reduces and if it does I can tell the dealership exactly what needs to be fixed.

I spoke to Ford Customer Care about the panel misalignment issues and they said it is covered under warranty and the dealership should be able to fix it. I have been super busy last week and didn't get a chance to go to the dealership, I am planning to go this Wednesday, will keep you guys posted.

I am really sorry to hear you are having such tough luck with your car.

I have a 2018 GT as well and the only rattle I experienced and resolved was coming from the driver side A pillar. The rattle you hear from the passenger side vent could be the A pill tweeter making a buzzing sound as if there is a paper clip stuck there. What I would recommend is to take off the plastic grill (it comes off using your finger nail) and push against the tweeter while someone else drives or you drive and have someone else push on the tweeter. Your rattle will go away if that is the source. In this case, use some felt material and stuff it around the tweeters edge and that will get rid of it for good.

As for the panel alignment, take it to the dealer and if they cannot resolve it, take it to a reputable body shop and have them fix these issues. I know, a new car should not be having these issues and to everyone here saying is a mass produced car etc, sorry that just a BS excuse because I have driven base Altimas, Accords, Camrys, Corollas and I have not experienced any of the body panel issues or rattles. I have a 2010 Infinit G37 sedan that has zero issues and cost 40K when new. Why cant Ford make a 40K car that is free of these silly issues? :frusty:

OP
OP

amfm144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I probably checked out at least 1000 cars so far lol no car comes close to mine :frusty:

Yea that’s simply not true. I drove my new gt to a Honda dealership this past Sunday looking at a new accord for my mom, I specifically looked at panel alignment because I know how subpar the panel alignment has been on both my s550’s. I checked out over a dozen cars and they all were worlds better than what ford is putting out. When I get home I’ll post pics of my panel issues on my 18. I still love the car but ford really need to do better.

Sponsored
OP
OP

amfm144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't have any panel alignment or rattle issues on my 2012 mustang, it looks like Ford's build quality is getting worse not better lol at least with Mustangs.

"Rattle and squeak" type problems drive me batty because they are a constant reminder of poor quality (although some are intermittent), and they are so difficult to trace and fix that most dealerships aren't very good at it (or don't even want to try). I can tolerate some flaws in the panel fit, because while at least while I'm driving I can't see those.

My 2011 Mustang has been surprisingly decent on rattles and squeaks, although it has a couple. I was hoping Ford had finally put enough emphasis on quality to make interior rattles and squeaks a thing of the past, but maybe they got lazy or cheap again.

The hell of it is that most competing cars in the pony car segment have overall quality that's no better, and probably worse--look at Chevy and Dodge forums and you'll find a litany of complaints over various issues ranging from transmissions, infotainment systems, funny noises, HVAC, etc. It seems like automotive product development doesn't include nearly enough pre-production durability testing and rework, they just dump unfinished products on the market. And they don't monitor or enforce quality standards tightly enough on parts from 3rd-party suppliers.

OP
OP

amfm144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gaps doesn't bother me as much as misalignment and rattles, it's like my Car has all known problems, how lucky am I lol

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having. As many have mentioned, the gaps can be mostly fixed at a dealer or professional shop, as well as you can give them a go if you know what you are doing.

As far as rattles, they drive me nuts and I have been chasing them down for over a year now. My honest opinion, get used to them because when they fix one rattle, they cause another. It becomes endless.

OP
OP

amfm144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update June 5th 2018 - Ford Service Center was able to fix rattles, apparently the door panel and the handle was effed up and also multiple fender push pins were missing. They also said I can take my car to the body shop referred by them and get the panel alignments fixed too I'm planning take it to the body shop next week, I hope all the alignments are all fixable I will keep you guys posted.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
2015 Ecoboost Mustang convertible picked her up May 25th 2015 panel alignments are great no rattles no problems best car I've ever owned :thumbsup:

OP
OP

amfm144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucky you :) Congrats :thumbsup:

2015 Ecoboost Mustang convertible picked her up May 25th 2015 panel alignments are great no rattles no problems best car I've ever owned :thumbsup:
Sponsored