Sponsored

Wimbledon White LE #0666 available

billq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 V6 Auto 051 Package
Wow, thank you to all the posters for making me utterly embarrassed to be a part of this forum. My apologies to the dealers on this forum from me atleast. :tsk:

I hope you are able to sell it at a fair market value to someone who appreciates it.
MSRP manufacturer's suggested retail price... dealer may sell for less [or more, apparently]
Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
MSRP manufacturer's suggested retail price... dealer may sell for less [or more, apparently]
Yes, but everyone wants everything for nothing. That's what suggested means, they are free to sell it for what ever they want. Funny no one complains when they get a car at invoice. I find it amusing that the majority of people buying V6's, Eco's and GT's are buying them somewhere between invoice and MSRP yet when a dealer has a chance to sell a truly special version, that they may get only one, two or three of they are labeled in some negative light because they exercise their right to sell it at market value. Again a handful of people ruining this forum and again most of them don't even appear to be serious car buyers yet they feel entitled to publicly bash someone putting the effort forth to possibly find someone interested. :eek:

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Yes, but everyone wants everything for nothing. That's what suggested means, they are free to sell it for what ever they want. Funny no one complains when they get a car at invoice. I find it amusing that the majority of people buying V6's, Eco's and GT's are buying them somewhere between invoice and MSRP yet when a dealer has a chance to sell a truly special version, that they may get only one, two or three of they are labeled in some negative light because they exercise their right to sell it at market value. Again a handful of people ruining this forum and again most of them don't even appear to be serious car buyers yet they feel entitled to publicly bash someone putting the effort forth to possibly find someone interested. :eek:

I agree 100%. It's his right to sell for whatever he wants just as much as its my right to not buy.

I find social media has allowed people to get involved in business that isn't there and think it's ok. The price is between buyer and seller.

billq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 V6 Auto 051 Package
I agree 100%. It's his right to sell for whatever he wants just as much as its my right to not buy.

I find social media has allowed people to get involved in business that isn't there and think it's ok. The price is between buyer and seller.
Yup, I agree. Don't like the price, don't buy.
Has anyone else noticed that the price batted around for this GT is about the same price as a new C7 Vette? :)

leftywayn

Past Mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Enough said.

Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
If you are on this forum and pay more then list for a Mustang, you clearly didn't shop around......

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I gave a thumbs down to the price but I agree that some of the comments on here are stupid and ignorant.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
Eh...while I understand this is a special model of Mustang, I don't agree with dealerships going way over MSRP to make some extra bank. It's their "right"...but it doesn't mean they're right.

The typical "don't like the price, don't buy it" remark isn't really helping things either. The reason businesses have the opportunity to gouge and keep on over-charging is because of this attitude. There is a case to made in standing up and making a point for change...and this is not just limited to dealerships, either.

Personally, I find my local dealerships to be spot on with how things "should" be. Any non "special" Mustang can be negotiated on price all the way down to below invoice. Any "special" model...as in the GT500, Boss, etc...you pay MSRP or if you're lucky, you can get a couple of grand off because they like the cut of your jib. Really, there can't be much of a relationship made with a dealership if you know you can drive out of province/state and get the car you want MUCH cheaper.

It's the same reason I drive 2 provinces over to buy my new motorcycles...

Getting back on topic, though...that Wimbledon LE is GORGEOUS. I hope that colour makes it onto the palette in the next couple of years.

Boostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Some people seem to be confusing capitalism with how much money you can screw out of an individual. Explains a lot about our state of affairs the past few years. If you want to talk embarrassment. I am embarrassed for dealers who price gouge because they are allowed to operate as a cartel. I'm embarrassed for anyone who carries water for said dealers based on appropriated phrases and concepts they seem to know little about, or because they're also unnecessary middlemen. I'm embarrassed for people who think this forum is ruined (melodramatic much?) because it has informed consumers.

Bottom line: They are free to attempt to sell it at any price. But people are also free to criticise them for their practices. So what's the problem?

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Some people seem to be confusing capitalism with how much money you can screw out of an individual. Explains a lot about our state of affairs the past few years. If you want to talk embarrassment. I am embarrassed for dealers who price gouge because they are allowed to operate as a cartel. I'm embarrassed for anyone who carries water for said dealers based on appropriated phrases and concepts they seem to know little about, or because they're also unnecessary middlemen. I'm embarrassed for people who think this forum is ruined (melodramatic much?) because it has informed consumers.

Bottom line: They are free to attempt to sell it at any price. But people are also free to criticize them for their practices. So what's the problem?
:doh: Thank you for making my point for me. You are the perfect example of it. I'm melodramatic as you speak to dealer cartels screwing helpless victims out of their money for the opportunity to own upon their free will what is likely one of the most special cars Ford has ever offered for sale. You want to call me out because yes I don't know anything, I haven't run businesses for the past 20 years, or worked for successful Ford dealers in the past, I have no right to voice my opinion of what as of late has become a recurring group of negative posters on this forum. You want to call me out, fine. I'm calling you out Mr. I just signed up in October and have contributed 10 posts. This is why I'm now done with this thread as well.

FYI a dealer has a sought after vehicle and came on this forum to see if someone was interested, they did not come here to be told how to operate their business. It's obvious you will not be buying one, so there is no need for you to comment when it does not add to the discussion. If you were an informed consumer you would know that the majority of unclaimed LE's are going for Market Value currently and as the numbers become less people will be willing to pay for a vehicle they find value in.

Sponsored

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
Eh...while I understand this is a special model of Mustang, I don't agree with dealerships going way over MSRP to make some extra bank. It's their "right"...but it doesn't mean they're right.

The typical "don't like the price, don't buy it" remark isn't really helping things either. The reason businesses have the opportunity to gouge and keep on over-charging is because of this attitude. There is a case to made in standing up and making a point for change...and this is not just limited to dealerships, either.

Personally, I find my local dealerships to be spot on with how things "should" be. Any non "special" Mustang can be negotiated on price all the way down to below invoice. Any "special" model...as in the GT500, Boss, etc...you pay MSRP or if you're lucky, you can get a couple of grand off because they like the cut of your jib. Really, there can't be much of a relationship made with a dealership if you know you can drive out of province/state and get the car you want MUCH cheaper.

It's the same reason I drive 2 provinces over to buy my new motorcycles...

Getting back on topic, though...that Wimbledon LE is GORGEOUS. I hope that colour makes it onto the palette in the next couple of years.

So true. !!!

Boostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
:doh: Thank you for making my point for me. You are the perfect example of it. I'm melodramatic as you speak to dealer cartels screwing helpless victims out of their money for the opportunity to own upon their free will what is likely one of the most special cars Ford has ever offered for sale. You want to call me out because yes I don't know anything, I haven't run businesses for the past 20 years, or worked for successful Ford dealers in the past, I have no right to voice my opinion of what as of late has become a recurring group of negative posters on this forum. You want to call me out, fine. I'm calling you out Mr. I just signed up in October and have contributed 10 posts. This is why I'm now done with this thread as well.

FYI a dealer has a sought after vehicle and came on this forum to see if someone was interested, they did not come here to be told how to operate their business. It's obvious you will not be buying one, so there is no need for you to comment when it does not add to the discussion. If you were an informed consumer you would know that the majority of unclaimed LE's are going for Market Value currently and as the numbers become less people will be willing to pay for a vehicle they find value in.
Post counts don't make anyone's opinion more or less valid. Nor does this quite frankly incidental thread make this forum ruined.

Your last paragraph is quite sad. This is not Autotrader. If a dealer wants to come on a forum to hawk their marked up goods, people are well within their rights to call them out.

Andella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2008 Buell 1125R
The Moderator should move this thread to the Marketplace section.

Jimdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado and R32 GTR
Would be cool to own 666 Mustang! Plus a cool custom plate. :thumbsup:

How did we start talking about best business practices? :threadjacked:

I think, majority of people dislike dealerships, airlines and Fed Govt because everyone pays a different amount for the same thing. Everyone always has that big-talker friend who claims to get a flight for $36 on kayak or something. Everyone hears on the news 46% of the people pay no Federal Income tax. Everyone has gone to several dealerships and been quoted several different prices for the exact same vehicle. At least airlines fly you somewhere and Feds pay the Military (& people not paying taxes are disabled, feral, old, poor or some combination). Dealerships don't add value to the vehicle, just a parking lot. The best part is highly trained service departments. But unfortunately they're working for warrantee claims guy not you... like a conflict of interest or something.

Oh well, it is what it is. They'll keep playing the game and we'll keep buying cars. I really have no idea how they make money or the system is built. Not qualified to say they're taking advantage of the 50th anniversary celebration or not. Just fact of life.
Sponsored