Sponsored

Will putting a 275/40R19 on the stock front PP wheels rub??

EZRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium with PP
Hey Everyone,

Replacing the PZero summers for Continental ExtremeContact DWS A/S tires. I want to run a squared setup on the stock PP wheels which means 275/40 all around so I can rotate them. My installer hasn't done this yet on a 2015/16 Mustang GT w/PP but heard that it will rub on the front. I didn't get this impression from everything I have read here on this amazing forum.

Can those who have done it, or anyone with first hand knowledge/expertise, please confirm if putting a 275/40R19 on the stock front PP wheels will rub or not? I need to know ASAP so they can order the tires.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Last edited:

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I have 275/40/19 MPSS on all four corners on my GT (non-pp). They're on TSW Nurburgring (19x9) and they visibly stick out further than the GTPP stock wheels do - almost perfectly flush with both fenders (hella flush? lol). I have not had any rubbing issues and I have pushed the car in quite a few corners.

Lakeland-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SErik
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Race Red
I have 275/40/19 MPSS on all four corners on my GT (non-pp). They're on TSW Nurburgring (19x9) and they visibly stick out further than the GTPP stock wheels do - almost perfectly flush with both fenders (hella flush? lol). I have not had any rubbing issues and I have pushed the car in quite a few corners.
Photo please, looks like a nice wheel but better to see it fitted on your ride.

OP
OP
EZRider

EZRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. It helps to ease my mind a bit as I know guys are putting 19x10 and I believe 20x10's on the fronts with 'I assume' no issues.

Would still love to hear from someone with PP wheels or an installer who has done this to confirm though.

Sponsored

Quiksilver15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT
Hey Everyone,

Replacing the PZero summers for Continental ExtremeContact DWS A/S tires. I want to run a squared setup on the stock PP wheels which means 275/40 all around so I can rotate them. My installer hasn't done this yet on a 2015/16 Mustang GT w/PP but heard that it will rub on the front. I didn't get this impression from everything I have read here on this amazing forum.

Can those who have done it, or anyone with first hand knowledge/expertise, please confirm if putting a 275/40R19 on the stock front PP wheels will rub or not? I need to know ASAP so they can order the tires.

Thanks in advance.

Are you going to be using 4 9" wide wheels? You realize that the PP has staggered wheel widths right? You cannot rotate rear to front.

OP
OP
EZRider

EZRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, for now I will have to pull the tires off the rims to rotate until I get another set of wheels next year.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium

Sponsored
OP
OP
EZRider

EZRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very nice. I was actually looking at those as well.

Last edited:

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Front and rear rims are different widths and offsets. What you really need is an extra pair of rear PP wheels.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Hey Everyone,

Thanks in advance.
You do realize that the front and rear GT/PP wheels are not the same width (and probably not the same offset either) . . . basically I'm not sure what sort of tire rotation scheme you have in mind here.

If you can measure the tire to strut clearance that you have now, it is possible to get a pretty good feel for what moving from 255's to 275's up front will do for clearance. My semi-educated guess is that if you've got 1/2" clearance now you'll be fine. At 7/16" it probably starts getting a bit iffy, and at 5/16" there is virtually no chance of it working.

Norm
Sponsored