OP

01Romanss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible 6 Speed PP1
Does anyone think this is normal or part of adaptive learning? This is the new and upgraded Ford transmission. Coolant temp is normal but the car had had been sitting for 45 minutes. Transmission temp may have been below normal. Ford techs say to keep driving it awhile. Does this early on in a drive but never after the first mile.

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

01Romanss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible 6 Speed PP1
Here’s a good link about the 10R80.
A lot of weaknesses and low cost design.

https://nextgendiesel.com/blogs/transmissions-101/ford-10r80-transmission-problems-solutions

And to add to my Ford problems, my 2019 MT-82 with 40k miles doesn’t want to go into 5th gear. It’s random.

There won’t be a Ford in our garage on the next car purchase. Two transmission issues in a 40k manual and 49k automatic. I expect more for the money invested in these cars

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It seems
Does anyone think this is normal or part of adaptive learning? This is the new and upgraded Ford transmission. Coolant temp is normal but the car had had been sitting for 45 minutes. Transmission temp may have been below normal. Does techs say to keep driving it awhile. Does this early on in a drive but never after the first mile.

Looks like it's shifting perfectly to me. Some slip is by design at part throttle for smoothness. If it does it at WOT it's a different story.

I say disconnect the battery for 30 minutes to ensure the adaptive tables are cleared from the old unit and then just drive it.

Tucker80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang CS, 2024 Civic Type R, SV650
Hard to tell in your video, but seems normal under light throttle. Skipping gears is absolutely normal under light throttle. The F150 you can limit and remove gears altogether, but unfortunately that ability was not passed down to the mustang.

CrackedHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mustang GT/CS; 15 Mustang GT
Update. 30 April 2024.
Picked up my wife’s Mustang yesterday. Dealer had it two weeks. They put in a new 10R80 with upgraded parts from the factory. The cost was around $8300. My extended warranty through Safeguard paid for all but $159.
The new transmission is far superior to what the car came with. It shifts so smooth and flawlessly. The old transmission had a clunk when it went from 4th to 5th. This transmission smoothly blips to every gear like butter. It even feels better going from park to drive. This is supposedly the same transmission in the 2024 mustangs. Maybe it will last longer than 49k miles. Ford gave me a 3 year/36k mile warranty on the transmission.
I test drove a 24 GT 10 speed and it shifted like butter in normal mode.

Track/sport setting made it very stiff and shifting would jerk the car.
Sponsored