Sponsored

Why wont I drive my Mustang

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Damn man, if I had a 5.0 I’d find the dumbest reasons to drive that thing everywhere.

I’d unnecessarily drive to a really far grocery store 15 miles away just to buy a pack of gum when I have a walgreens next to my house… just because I want to drive.
Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Damn man, if I had a 5.0 I’d find the dumbest reasons to drive that thing everywhere.

I’d unnecessarily drive to a really far grocery store 15 miles away just to buy a pack of gum when I have a walgreens next to my house… just because I want to drive.
That's exactly what happens with most of us. The other day I left the house and drove 17 miles just to get a root beer float.

slink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium,6 Speed, 401A Pkg, Kona Blue
Ordered mine 5/11/15. Delivered 9/24/15. I now have 12K miles on it. I put the top down as often as possible, which is a lot where I live. I take it to the drive through car wash at least once a week. I'm gonna enjoy the fu$% out of this car for the next 3-4 years, then on to the next one. But that's me. To each his own.

PIsenhour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Dark Matter Gray Metallic
Depends on what it was bought for. I have been driving a '68 bug for the last 10 years until I sold it earlier this year. It was my DD and it looked good and ran good, but cars are meant to be driven. My Mustang will be my DD unless the weather is really bad then I will drive my Sport Trac. It is a fun car to drive.

cjj237

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Guard
Who cares what other people think? Do what you want.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Say what? 800k?

The article says...

"The original price was $13,658.21 which would be close to $50,000 in today’s dollars"
He was saying if you invested $14k then, it would have grown to $800k today.

The article was saying $13,658 could buy the same amount of stuff then as $50k can buy now.

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Prem Vert w/PP, '20 GT Prem Vert w/PP
I'm an old guy--this is the fifth Mustang convertible I've owned since 1973 (my first one was a '73 convertible).

When I put my baby on the road, I want it to be looking top notch and super sharp. In other words, I want her to be a real head turner; she only comes out when blue skies and sunshine abound, and the thing I hate most in life is cleaning cars.

Here, in Southern Maryland, it's not conducive to running with summer tires year round, so she sits in the garage unless it's above 50.

Basically, it all boils down to this: I could care less as to whether the car appreciates or depreciates--it's irrelevant to me. The point is to enjoy your Mustang in the way you want to enjoy it. My wife of 40 years and I take great pleasure in having it a part of our lives.

Being financial advisor, I will leave you with one parting thought. Before sinking all you money into cars and mods, fund your 401(k)'s, IRA's, and investments first. Your Mustang won't feed you and make the house payment when you're old.

For what it's worth.

RJ

JGonvardi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP CO
I'm an old guy--this is the fifth Mustang convertible I've owned since 1973 (my first one was a '73 convertible).

When I put my baby on the road, I want it to be looking top notch and super sharp. In other words, I want her to be a real head turner; she only comes out when blue skies and sunshine abound, and the thing I hate most in life is cleaning cars.

Here, in Southern Maryland, it's not conducive to running with summer tires year round, so she sits in the garage unless it's above 50.

Basically, it all boils down to this: I could care less as to whether the car appreciates or depreciates--it's irrelevant to me. The point is to enjoy your Mustang in the way you want to enjoy it. My wife of 40 years and I take great pleasure in having it a part of our lives.

Being financial advisor, I will leave you with one parting thought. Before sinking all you money into cars and mods, fund your 401(k)'s, IRA's, and investments first. Your Mustang won't feed you and make the house payment when you're old.

For what it's worth.

RJ
Great advice.

OP
OP

dash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang PP
I live in Leonardtown,
Thats how I feel. I want it to look great all time. By the way mine is white also, I thought I was the only white in Southern Md

For what it's worth.

RJ

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I took delivery of my 2016 special order GT PP back in Sept 2015 I just rolled 900 miles. I cant bring myself to drive it daily if it rains or even a chance it stays in the garage. I know ts just a 40000 Mustang and not a 80000 collector car but I find it hard not to let it get dirty even though I get alot of enjoyment cleaning cars. My daily driver is a 2016 F150 and I wash is every week also so its not like it will stay dirty. Even my co-workers give me a hard time.
Any other slike this or am i just a damn nut case.
Nothing wrong with that at all sir! :thumbsup:
I have a 2013 Gotta Have It Green Roush Stage 3 with only 2,730 miles! lol I NEVER drive it in rain, on wet pavement, snow or even if it looks like it might rain. Always garaged.
I have a 2016 Ram Sport 4X4 regular cab that I use as my daily driver.

Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I put 900 miles on mine in just the first two weeks. I could expire at any minute. I live accordingly.

Moetoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT

For what it's worth.

RJ
If I was guaranteed to live to be old I would take that advice but the end could be anytime so I'll enjoy my car and money now while I can...my 85yr old grandma tells me all the time to do everything I can while I'm young and healthy cause the future is not guaranteed

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I understand the reluctance to driving a Mustang in the snow, but not to driving them in the rain (for some, only the threat of rain). These cars aren't so undriveable that you should be afraid to, and when you wash them . . . don't they get wet?

What am I missing here???

Norm

Last edited:

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
I understand the reluctance to driving a Mustang in the snow, but not to driving them in the rain (for some, only the threat of rain). These cars aren't so undriveable that you should be afraid to, and when you wash them . . . don't they get wet?

What am I missing here???
Haha hell, I'll even be driving this bitch in the snow over here. Scares me a little bit, as I'll be heading in to work on days at 3am before the plows come out to even hit the roads LOL. We'll have to see how I do, it's the only car I got to drive ATM. The only saving grace here is that I'm only 4 miles out from my work, the lay of the land is flat in the direction I take, and it's so damn early that there aren't any other cars on the road really. I'm currently putting back for some snow tires on another set of rims to be interchangeable as I need them. And my next big purchase will be to just dump about $4-5k on a 4x4 whatever the hell that runs, be nice to have a truck or a SUV with a nice big back area to haul around things anyways.

I'm not too terribly frightened by the prospect though. My '06 GT did pretty good seeing me through about 3 winters out here. Our cars are a little more torque-y than the '06 was, and add in that I'm in a manual now instead of an auto. But I don't see the level of difficulty being raised up to being impossible now. Just gonna suck, haha.