Why wont I drive my Mustang

Adaraas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
16 Premium GT, 17 Laramie Cummins
Funny, most people find that the "problem" with the country is loud mouths that make absurdly ridiculous comments like this that have nothing to do with what was really said (reality)... all in the tone that there is actually something "wrong" with a country that without a doubt is stronger then it has ever been... yet they are such mindless zombies politicians (on both sides) can scare them into anything.

Its always the ones that talk like this that are the problem and its amazing that they cant see it lol.

Lets take look at this from a different angle, what kind of idiot buys a 435 hp car to put 90% of the miles on it sitting in bumper to bumper traffic for 3 hours a day driving 5 mph getting crapped on by birds and splattered with dirt while getting 5 MPG?
435? Try 700 at the tires!:lol:
Sponsored

Moetoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT
Funny, most people find that the "problem" with the country is loud mouths that make absurdly ridiculous comments like this that have nothing to do with what was really said (reality)... all in the tone that there is actually something "wrong" with a country that without a doubt is stronger then it has ever been... yet they are such mindless zombies politicians (on both sides) can scare them into anything.

Its always the ones that talk like this that are the problem and its amazing that they cant see it lol.

Lets take look at this from a different angle, what kind of idiot buys a 435 hp car to put 90% of the miles on it sitting in bumper to bumper traffic for 3 hours a day driving 5 mph getting crapped on by birds and splattered with dirt while getting 5 MPG?
Lol you got birds shitting all over your car sitting in traffic and dirt splattered everywhere going 5mph lol come on man get real if your afraid of a little bird shit you better keep that car locked in the garage at all times and if you think this country is strong right now you are a perfect example of what is wrong

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Just got back from my drive. I like when streets are quiet and roads are open so I can give her the proper workout.
Commuting in my FJ I rarely use more than 100hp.

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
I drive mine in all conditions. I go out and drive it for no apparent reason at all. Every day I drive it even if I have no where to go. I think I'm the crazy one.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I drive mine in all conditions. I go out and drive it for no apparent reason at all. Every day I drive it even if I have no where to go. I think I'm the crazy one.
You sound just like me, hombre. I find so many random reasons to go driving that sometimes I end up visiting the gas station several times a week. I spend so much money on premium fuel it's ridiculous, but soooooo worth it. :ford:

Sponsored

JGonvardi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP CO
I live near Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks I'd say about 80% of the miles I've put on my pony have been in those parks. Fridays are awesome because I get to come home and fire her up for a drive up the mountain. I love the hell out of driving my pony.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Mine just hit 6k. Bought it in Sept' 2015. I went crazy the first few months driving it, then settled down. It may see 50 miles a week tops unless I drive out to a show or the track.

My DD is a Dept issued 2013 Dodge Hemi-Charger LOL. I also have a 2008 CVPI or my Wife's 13' Taurus for day to day if I need it.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I took delivery of my 2016 special order GT PP back in Sept 2015 I just rolled 900 miles. I cant bring myself to drive it daily if it rains or even a chance it stays in the garage. I know ts just a 40000 Mustang and not a 80000 collector car but I find it hard not to let it get dirty even though I get alot of enjoyment cleaning cars. My daily driver is a 2016 F150 and I wash is every week also so its not like it will stay dirty. Even my co-workers give me a hard time.
Any other slike this or am i just a damn nut case.
It sounds like you get more enjoyment out of keeping it clean than you do from driving it. You probably aren't alone.

But that's something I just can't understand, given that for me it's the driving that's the fun part of car ownership . . . and I love a rainy track day.

Norm

bumada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Package
I'm in somewhat of an opposing situation. A fairly pristine '90 E30 325i convertible sits in my garage, while my Mustang sits outside my garage parked under a tree getting covered in bird dirt and other crap. Thankfully I keep a good coat of wax on it, but it is still somewhat of a pain.

I know I'm just used to it, but I couldn't imagine the fear of getting it wet or dirty preventing me from driving it. It's too much fun.
Haha. I thought I was the only one that keeps my e30 in the garage while the brand new mustang sits outside as the DD. Kudos to you sir. I have an 89 325i coupe.

Sponsored

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
Special order? What is so special about a car that has production numbers exceeding 100k units per year?
Getting exactly what you want and not making a compromise on anything. Some people can wait the seven to eight weeks to get it your way. Especially when you car is being built in March.

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
I took delivery of my 2016 special order GT PP back in Sept 2015 I just rolled 900 miles. I cant bring myself to drive it daily if it rains or even a chance it stays in the garage. I know ts just a 40000 Mustang and not a 80000 collector car but I find it hard not to let it get dirty even though I get alot of enjoyment cleaning cars. My daily driver is a 2016 F150 and I wash is every week also so its not like it will stay dirty. Even my co-workers give me a hard time.
Any other slike this or am i just a damn nut case.
It's your car drive it when you want to. Enjoy it when you want to. Most people who rant about driving their cars daily do not have the opportunity to have a daily or their Mustang is their daily. Either way who are they to tell you what to do with your car? Maybe if they start making payments on it for you. :tsk:

Orgalorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I've got 1775 miles in 10 weeks...
Not nearly enough.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Special order? What is so special about a car that has production numbers exceeding 100k units per year?
Why did you jump to a conclusion about the car being special. Special was used as an adjective for the order, not the car.

I almost always special order my cars, probably a few dozens by now. I've probably forgotten all the benefits because there are many.

• When I started buying cars, there might be over a hundred options. Virtually impossibly to find the EXACT combination you want. Even today with relatively few options, it can be virtually impossible. If it was ever built, it would have taken longer to find a Mustang like I ordered than it would take to build one. And the odds of finding it at a dealer you want to buy from is up there with the lottery.
  • Cars that have sat on a lot will have micro-scratches from every single washing and interior scuffs from every test drive and moving around the lot.
  • Cars that have sat on a lot may have been test driven by someone who didn't care if the oil was warm or how many miles it had before bouncing off the red-line or may have forgotten to use the clutch, etc..
  • Cars that have been sitting on a lot may have had body work or other repairs (even engine swaps) done without disclosure to the buyer because the law allows them to do that. Not an issue if you watch it be unloaded from the truck or within a short time of arrival.
  • Once its clear you aren't buying off the lot, many conflicts between what salespeople want and you want disappear.

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Why did you jump to a conclusion about the car being special. Special was used as an adjective for the order, not the car.

I almost always special order my cars, probably a few dozens by now. I've probably forgotten all the benefits because there are many.

• When I started buying cars, there might be over a hundred options. Virtually impossibly to find the EXACT combination you want. Even today with relatively few options, it can be virtually impossible. If it was ever built, it would have taken longer to find a Mustang like I ordered than it would take to build one. And the odds of finding it at a dealer you want to buy from is up there with the lottery.
  • Cars that have sat on a lot will have micro-scratches from every single washing and interior scuffs from every test drive and moving around the lot.
  • Cars that have sat on a lot may have been test driven by someone who didn't care if the oil was warm or how many miles it had before bouncing off the red-line or may have forgotten to use the clutch, etc..
  • Cars that have been sitting on a lot may have had body work or other repairs (even engine swaps) done without disclosure to the buyer because the law allows them to do that. Not an issue if you watch it be unloaded from the truck or within a short time of arrival.
  • Once its clear you aren't buying off the lot, many conflicts between what salespeople want and you want disappear.
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:
Sponsored