Sponsored

Why wont I drive my Mustang

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
I've been putting 6 -7 hundred miles per week. It's a nice car, fun to have for transportation, but it's TRANSPORTATION, not a museum piece. In the end, I enjoy it, it does not own me.
Whatever flips your flopper, but I would submit you're doing it wrong.
Sponsored

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
Almost the same. 1.5 months old with 900 miles though. It sleeps in the garage if its raining/forecasted to rain/crappy/unknown parking situations.

I'm sure after 5 years it'll turn into daily driving duties.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
I work from home and use the Mustang a couple of times a week to take the trash to the recycling center , and hit the grocery store. Since 9-2015 I have put 3k miles on the car. That is 3 times more miles from a guy who walks down a flight of stairs to his office every day.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Reminds me of the GT350 owner I was talking to at C&C recently. He was bragging about how great a car it was, that he loved driving it...yet he was only on his 2nd tank of gas after 6 months of ownership.

He got offended when I called it a garage queen...

I bought mine to drive and enjoy as much as possible. Obviously others don't see it that way and that is their prerogative.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i drove mine in the rain today. It's back in the garage... hasn't fell apart yet and still orange.

Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
At 16k after 1 year, I want to keep it stored more but every morning it wins out.

1BadAss16CS

Light'em up!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deep Impact Blue CS
My car gets parked for the winter, if it's going to rain, it says in the garage.

I'm more of a clean freak when it comes to my Mustang. That's my obsession, having a dark color (DIB), it kills me to see any dust or anything on it for any amount of time.

I go through a lot of Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax and Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer. These products are used daily when the car has been driven. The only time you'll ever see my car dirty is if I happen to get caught in the rain, which is rarely.

Moetoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT
I drive mine rain,snow or sun I didn't buy a new car to keep it locked away in my garage...it's a regular car it's not a ford GT or a 350R its a freakin regular ass mustang and some of you are acting like your car is something special...There is somewhere around 150-200,000 S550 mustangs out there so your car is just a regular car I see no less then 5 everywhere I go

Moetoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT
I didn't see one person say they thought their Honda was better to drive. Some choose them for commutes, but no one said it was a better driver.
I guess u didn't read everything cause he said I enjoy my accord much more then the mustang

Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I cant stop driving mine! unfortunately I dont get to drive it enough lol, my work is only a 5mi commute each way and my wife I are "home bodies" and dont travel all that much

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I drive mine rain,snow or sun I didn't buy a new car to keep it locked away in my garage...it's a regular car it's not a ford GT or a 350R its a freakin regular ass mustang and some of you are acting like your car is something special...There is somewhere around 150-200,000 S550 mustangs out there so your car is just a regular car I see no less then 5 everywhere I go
Special or not is relative.
A Ferrari to someone with a couple of million dollars in the bank is no different than a Ford Focus.

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
I'm in somewhat of an opposing situation. A fairly pristine '90 E30 325i convertible sits in my garage, while my Mustang sits outside my garage parked under a tree getting covered in bird dirt and other crap. Thankfully I keep a good coat of wax on it, but it is still somewhat of a pain.

I know I'm just used to it, but I couldn't imagine the fear of getting it wet or dirty preventing me from driving it. It's too much fun.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I took delivery of my 2016 special order GT PP back in Sept 2015 I just rolled 900 miles. I cant bring myself to drive it daily if it rains or even a chance it stays in the garage. I know ts just a 40000 Mustang and not a 80000 collector car but I find it hard not to let it get dirty even though I get alot of enjoyment cleaning cars. My daily driver is a 2016 F150 and I wash is every week also so its not like it will stay dirty. Even my co-workers give me a hard time.
Any other slike this or am i just a damn nut case.

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
Daily commutes are not having fun. It can take me 2 hours sometimes to travel up I5 for 7 miles. That aint fun, that is why I have a nice comfy 4 banger 2016 Honda Accord that gets 37 mpg.

My 2200 miles in my Mustang are 100% pure enjoyment and fun time.
I guess u didn't read everything cause he said I enjoy my accord much more then the mustang
Nope. Error404, reading comprehension not found.
Sponsored