SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Picked up a pair of Corsa Xtreme mufflers. Going to try them out and see how I like them compared to my Corsa Sports.

I've never heard the Xtreme in person, so am intrigued to hear the difference. If I don't like the Xtremes, I'll just put them up for sale. We shall see :D
Sponsored

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Just Ordered OEM Leather Seat Covers!

Take offs with less than 5 miles on them :headbang:

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Just a couple of pics from today. It was overcast and wanted to get a couple of full cars shots to show my recent mods.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)

Leather Recaro Conversion

**Potato Photos Incoming!**

Ever since I got my Stang, I wanted Recaros. When I settled on choosing the 6R80 gearbox, I knew that I'd have to add the Recaro trim myself.

My base GT came with the cloth interior, which was fine. Easy to clean, didn't get too hot inside the car, looked presentable...BUT...the want for the Recaros was high.

Once I had saved a bit of $ on the side, I checked Craigslist literally every day for the past 3 months, hoping either a local salvage company might have some take outs, or any private sales from owners who swapped them out might crop up. But alas, nothing.

I finally caved about 2 weeks ago and decided I was fed up of waiting. I messaged Mike at White Bear Lake Ford to get me some information on the Ford Racing Recaros, and I was fully prepared to bust out my credit card this week to buy a set of front seats from Mike (Thanks goes to him for pulling some information from Ford Racing). My plan was to then purchase a clean set of rear leather seats to match off Ebay, since there are always a few for sale. As luck would have it, some leather Recaros cropped up for sale somewhat locally, so I snapped them up and saved myself a worthwhile chunk of change off new.

The set I bought are very clean, no marks at all. I gave them a thorough clean down with some Meguiars products after install, and they looked like I'd just driven her off the lot.

So a few notes about the install. Took me 3 hours from start to finish. About 1.5 hours was spent on removing the 8 bolts that bolt down the front seats to the car body. I kid you not, they might aswell have been welded in place. I ended up having to use a hammer and chisel to get 2 of them out, they really were not in the mood to come out.
Apart from the mounting bolts, just one airbag sensor cable to unplug underneath each front seat. Very easy to unsnap.
The rear bench was a cake walk to remove, just one 15mm bolt on each side. No need to undo the center bolt; the seats can just pivot off the center hinge and lift right out.

Here is the seat up close....very nice stitching matches my GT350 steering wheel...

Looking through the rear window of the car, you can see the silhouette...

It was the crazy hours of the morning when I decided to do the swap. Here is the removal starting to happen...

Comparing the cloth VS leather...the OEM leather is such nice quality!

And the interior stripped...

Rear bench went in super quick. Just two 15mm bolts and two large push-clips.

When it came to installing the fronts, I folded a large towel and draped it over the sill area to avoid any scuffing incase the seat frame caught the plastic as I manoeuvred it into the car...

Once the front seats were in place and bolted down, I gave it all a good clean down with Meguiars Interior Detailer to remove any handling marks from my sweating hands...

A quick teaser shot from the finished install at 4am this morning...

If you noticed my previous post about 6 weeks ago I bought some OEM leather skin take offs. My plan is to now convert the cloth interior that I removed to leather, and then sell the power leather seats on Craigslist. Hopefully recover a bit of $$$ :)

Going to take some pretty pics of my new interior in the day time tomorrow.

Next up...I'm planning to add some carbon fiber touches to the car, starting with some carbon fiber hydro dipped Recaro inserts...watch this space :cheers:

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION]

Much appreciated! :cheers:

GT_Tommy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
TVS Supercharged Premium PP
Nice find Tim!! They look fantastic! You gonna make the No Cal & So Cal summer cruise at the end of the month??

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Nice find Tim!! They look fantastic! You gonna make the No Cal & So Cal summer cruise at the end of the month??
Thanks man! :headbang:

Yea i'm really hoping to make a cruise very soon. My work schedule sucks at the moment, so weekends are pretty much a write off. Hopefully my schedule changes soon so I can come out and meet some 6G members! :ford:

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
So since the addition of the Recaros, I'm looking at giving my interior a bit of a makeover. Door cards, knee pads on the side of the center console inspired by the JPM work to [MENTION=16215]SC_Ruby[/MENTION] 's car, and also the entire dash trim area.

I would love the 100% carbon Trufiber dash trim kit, but for $1000 I can't justify that purchase, so instead I picked up this OEM low mileage take off carbon effect trim (I believe this is from a 2015 V6 Mustang)

Waiting on a couple of parts to come in this week, so next week I can photograph the before/after results. Basically i'm trying to darken things up a bit, try and make the interior sinister :ninja:

:)

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Its been a LONG time since I have posted anything on my build thread.

Main reason being...I'm saving up for supercharger kit :ninja: Hoping that I can make the order over the holidays. Still getting my game plan together.

In the meantime, whilst I did love my black and blue theme, I was feeling ready for a change. First in the line of fire was changing the wheels.

I bought a set of 20" Rovos Durbans in brushed titanium finish. Tires are 265/35 and 295/35 Nitto G2 555.

My first shots of the new wheels installed today:

Very pleased with the change in look it has given; I feel like it has freshened things up. I've always liked the classic 5 spoke design for its simplicity, and really like the stepped shape of the wheel barrels, giving that extra deep appearance. The concave look to the rears is exactly what I was looking for :love:

I'm now debating adding coilovers to adjust my stance to exactly where I want it. At the moment I'm running Steeda progressives with PP shocks. As previously mentioned, I would like to purchase a blower kit (Whipple is top of the list), so I am trying figure out the order in which I do the upgrades.

I have a few more cosmetic mods planned for the coming weeks, to complement the new wheels, so watch this space for updates

:cheers:

Sponsored

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Its been a LONG time since I have posted anything on my build thread.

Main reason being...I'm saving up for supercharger kit :ninja: Hoping that I can make the order over the holidays. Still getting my game plan together.

In the meantime, whilst I did love my black and blue theme, I was feeling ready for a change. First in the line of fire was changing the wheels.

I bought a set of 20" Rovos Durbans in brushed titanium finish. Tires are 265/35 and 295/35 Nitto G2 555.

My first shots of the new wheels installed today:

Very pleased with the change in look it has given; I feel like it has freshened things up. I've always liked the classic 5 spoke design for its simplicity, and really like the stepped shape of the wheel barrels, giving that extra deep appearance. The concave look to the rears is exactly what I was looking for :love:

I'm now debating adding coilovers to adjust my stance to exactly where I want it. At the moment I'm running Steeda progressives with PP shocks. As previously mentioned, I would like to purchase a blower kit (Whipple is top of the list), so I am trying figure out the order in which I do the upgrades.

I have a few more cosmetic mods planned for the coming weeks, to complement the new wheels, so watch this space for updates

:cheers:
The new wheels look so good! Excellent choice my friend. :clap2:

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=25448]cgreen5150[/MENTION]

Thanks! I'm definitely glad I chose them. The Nitto G2's ride nicely too...very smooth.

GT_Tommy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
TVS Supercharged Premium PP
Wheels looks fantastic, Tim! Nice choice for sure! What coilovers are you considering? I've had my eye on that new offering from Pedders. They seem to get great reviews for a very reasonable price.

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Wheels looks fantastic, Tim! Nice choice for sure! What coilovers are you considering? I've had my eye on that new offering from Pedders. They seem to get great reviews for a very reasonable price.
Yes I have seen the Pedders coilovers....seems like a nice quality product. Honestly I'm not sure what I'm going to do suspension-wise :shrug:

I'm going to hold out for the black friday sales I think and try to get a killer deal if I decide to buy coilovers :D

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
The new wheels look so good! Excellent choice my friend. :clap2:
x2. [MENTION=18539]SoCalTim[/MENTION] time to change the picture in your signature. Car is coming along right nicely my friend.
Sponsored