Sponsored

Why no MY18 road test videos?

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
It seems like the MY18 is selling nowhere near as well as the MY15 did. Perhaps to be expected, but there has been also far less fanfare out the facelift version in the UK.

In the US it was a BIG DEAL. Lots of hype, articles and videos about the facelift version.

Over here, Ford have barely even acknlowledged it. Most surpising of all is that I haven't seen a single video review of the MY18 from a credible UK car reviewer. I'd really love to watch Evo/Autocar or even CarWow put one through their paces, but it doesn't look like Ford have bothered with having a press car.

I wonder why? Poor show from Ford.
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I wonder why? Poor show from Ford.
Some of it surely has to do with the MY17 stock they were/are trying to shift? My feeling is they are "holding back", rather than not bothering.

As we have said a few times, most enthusiasts already have their Mustang, so naturally the MY18+ will not see the same numbers, but I would hope to see them push it a bit more in 2019. Knowing Ford though, I wouldn't be surprised if they give it the minimal effort approach - which they kind of did with the MY15+, which pretty much sold themselves. It's not like over the pond where they have the strong competition from the Camaro/Challenger.

Shame really, it would be nice to see a lot of buzz about it...

OP
OP
CaptainSensible

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
Some of it surely has to do with the MY17 stock they were/are trying to shift? My feeling is they are "holding back", rather than not bothering.
Yes, I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. But seems like Ford UK have shot themselves in the foot by over ordering run out MY17 models and then doing very little promotion of the MY18.

Could they even be thinking of stopping selling the Mustang in RHD?

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Yes, I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. But seems like Ford UK have shot themselves in the foot by over ordering run out MY17 models and then doing very little promotion of the MY18.

Could they even be thinking of stopping selling the Mustang in RHD?
I very much doubt that more Gen6 RHD mustangs have been sold in Australia than LHD Gen6 models in Canada...it's a big market

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
interesting that he states its just not worth it now with the price bump .... now where have I heard that before .... its almost as if its been said before ....

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I just commented on his video, he is missing the two most important upgrades in his review. Which are the 10r80 and the Magneride, why would anyone review this car without the Magneride...

Also the mpg numbers are a bit one sided I can get our 1.4l Tsi golf into the 20mpg or lower driving like that.

Of course it not an m3/m4/c63 but a similar equipped one in UK is what another 15-20k+gbp?

Last edited:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Also the mpg numbers are a bit one sided I can get our 1.4l Tsi golf into the 20mpg or lower driving like that.
tbh unless he did some serious off video red lining he should be sitting around 17mpg with a mix of normal road and spirited, i drive mine pretty much like its stolen and rarely drop below 17 average all it takes is one motorway trip and its soon back up.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
tbh unless he did some serious off video red lining he should be sitting around 17mpg with a mix of normal road and spirited, i drive mine pretty much like its stolen and rarely drop below 17 average all it takes is one motorway trip and its soon back up.
My average according to cars gauges is at 18.3 mpg (for the 4800 miles I have driven it so far) it's my daily commuter.

If no traffic I can easily hit around 30mpg on my way to work keeping the set speed limits (mainly 50-80 km/h)

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
If no traffic I can easily hit around 30mpg on my way to work keeping the set speed limits (mainly 50-80 km/h)

not let the yanks hear you say that they don't believe the coyote is capable of anything above 23mpg.... i got told i was lying when i said i can get 31 fairly easy from mine. I even provided photographic evidence.

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
Ive had 38 out of mine on a trp from Chesterfield to herts 150 miles lol mind i did turn it into a game to how much i could get as it was a nice day with medium traffic lol .
But to be fair i do that run a lot and if i stick to the limits and drive normally it does between 30 and 32 .
i think mines averaged mid twenties form new

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
My average according to cars gauges is at 18.3 mpg (for the 4800 miles I have driven it so far) it's my daily commuter.

Jesus, what the feck do you guys drive like:shock: on a typical fill up I get around 25mpg, which is also the long term average. Can easily get into high 20s and that is with some spirited driving plus the usual plod in traffic!

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Jesus, what the feck do you guys drive like:shock: on a typical fill up I get around 25mpg, which is also the long term average. Can easily get into high 20s and that is with some spirited driving plus the usual plod in traffic!
My average over 10k is 24mpg but I can get less than 10mpg if I try hard :)
Sponsored