OP
OP

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
This is not confirmed. Customers have been placing orders for multiple cars without the intent to purchase, and many dealerships have unsold allocations.
Interesting. What makes you state where multiple orders have been placed with no intent to purchase? That is a very broad claim that I never heard before. Maybe some of the dealer members will speak up on this. The majority of dealers that I have read having unsold allocations want high ADM or the Ford system can't accept those orders yet even though they have sold orders from customers.
Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Interesting. What makes you state where multiple orders have been placed with no intent to purchase? That is a very broad claim that I never heard before. Maybe some of the dealer members will speak up on this. The majority of dealers that I have read having unsold allocations want high ADM or the Ford system can't accept those orders yet even though they have sold orders from customers.
Some members on here have done just this.

OP
OP

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some members on here have done just this.
Your right I do recall that now. That can't be a prevailing thing right? I do recall those members passed those deals to forum members though thus were true sold orders.

vdavie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
This is just funny at this point. As an "old guy" who has been around the hobby for many years.. i even have a 70 Boss 302. Why do you guys continue to go round and round about this? Does it really matter? We will all pay what we want for the car. I am new to this site and it seems like a very good place to get info on the car but when we start calling each other names about something nobody really knows yet, well it just seems a bit childish. Just and old guys opinion.

Vince

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Subsequently, you do not slap on .2 liters to a 5.0, to make a 5.2 liter FPC engine. The process of building them is entirely different. It is a rare engine, with a patented process. You just have to accept that.
Wait, WTF??? Have you ever been elbows deep inside an engine?

You're right, you don't "slap on" .2 liters (or 200cc) to a 5.0, you simply enlarge the bore, as is the case here. Nothing revolutionary about that, other than the spray bore tech that's been around for years needed to achieve it without sleeving an aluminum block.

Flat plane cranks have been around for a loooooooong time in the racing world. Nothing revolutionary there either. It's just a new thing in the Mustang world.

Rare engine? Meh, maybe a little less common than most. Patented? :crazy:

They assemble basically the same too, I'm afraid the process is more or less identical (other than the addition of a balance shaft). There's nothing magical about the Voodoo. I've built quite a few V8s of different makes, and they're all pretty standard fare as how they go together....

Sponsored

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
Its a Bored 5.0. using Plasma Arcing tech on the DOHC TiVCT with a FPC.

Ported and polished intake, Heads and custom exhaust header for the FPC firing order.

It bolts right into a Coyote Chassis. S197 or S550.

OP
OP

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Ported and polished intake, Heads and custom exhaust header for the FPC firing order.

It is a composite intake. All new design with longer runners...no porting and polishing there.

The single biggest challenge for the engineers that cannot be forgotten is this 5.2L FPC engine is the largest FPC ever done in a mass produced vehicle. The harmonics due to the size, RPM's etc present a whole new host of challenges that have already been discussed. Not sure why it is part of this discussion though as the engine in itself is not limiting the production at the current projected target Ford has indicated. Double that it may be a issue without proper resources and lead time. But that is also a moot point.

VoodooMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Big 3
I could care less about ADMs.
So how much do you care? If you COULD care less, then you must care some.

All of us here who have been through this stuff multiple times over the past decades are saying is that there will ultimately be enough GT350s to go around. We are not rewriting the Constitution or changing the Earth"s axis of rotation. It is simply amazing to observe the hostility that such a simple concept can evoke. You don't agree then fine. We still share a common interest in these cars and that will always be a good thing. You may want to take a second look at the perception that you clearly have a death grip on. I am not the only one here telling you the same thing.

None of this should be cause for personal attacks. I agree to disagree with you sir. Have a nice day and enjoy your GT350 if you get one!
You have been stating two separate things, which my be leading to confusion and misunderstanding.

Your post above stating that there "will ultimately be enough GT350s to go around" very much may be true. Although at this point, it is just your opinion (based on history you've observed). Although, like the stock market, past performance is no guarantee of future performance, it is usually a good indicator. So you are more likely to be correct than incorrect on this point. And most of the posts I've read agree with you on this point. There is near consensus that this will be true - over time.

The issue many have (myself included) is with your statement that Ford can make as many as they want, and your lack of acknowledgement or understanding that there are in fact limits. It's called capacity. They only have the capacity to make so many per year. That is real. Can it change? Yes, but it takes time and money.

Are the real limits (capacity) higher than the real demand? None of us know. None of us know the real demand. Assuming the planned volume is in fact 5k units (as someone stated), could they make:

5,000 per year (yes, almost certainly - unless they run into issues)
5,100 per year (highly likely - unlikely the constraints are that tight)
6,000 per year (maybe)
7,500 per year (possibly)
10,000 per year (not likely)
100,000 per year (NO WAY)

if there was the demand? If demand were significantly higher than the planned volumes, would Ford work to increase supply. I imagine they would. But as many have stated, there are a LOT of things that need to happen to increase capacity. It takes time and money - and may not be justified if the higher demand is not high enough or the lead time is too long (such that demand will have dropped by the time the supply can be increased).

Sponsored

fordpod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cadillac
So how much do you care? If you COULD care less, then you must care some.

You have been stating two separate things, which my be leading to confusion and misunderstanding.

Your post above stating that there "will ultimately be enough GT350s to go around" very much may be true. Although at this point, it is just your opinion (based on history you've observed). Although, like the stock market, past performance is no guarantee of future performance, it is usually a good indicator. So you are more likely to be correct than incorrect on this point. And most of the posts I've read agree with you on this point. There is near consensus that this will be true - over time.

The issue many have (myself included) is with your statement that Ford can make as many as they want, and your lack of acknowledgement or understanding that there are in fact limits. It's called capacity. They only have the capacity to make so many per year. That is real. Can it change? Yes, but it takes time and money.

Are the real limits (capacity) higher than the real demand? None of us know. None of us know the real demand. Assuming the planned volume is in fact 5k units (as someone stated), could they make:

5,000 per year (yes, almost certainly - unless they run into issues)
5,100 per year (highly likely - unlikely the constraints are that tight)
6,000 per year (maybe)
7,500 per year (possibly)
10,000 per year (not likely)
100,000 per year (NO WAY)

if there was the demand? If demand were significantly higher than the planned volumes, would Ford work to increase supply. I imagine they would. But as many have stated, there are a LOT of things that need to happen to increase capacity. It takes time and money - and may not be justified if the higher demand is not high enough or the lead time is too long (such that demand will have dropped by the time the supply can be increased).
You'd likely be very close if you guess about 6 or 7 thousand units. There is no way they do 10,000. Once again I do not care about ADMs as I would never consider paying one, could care less who does.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)

Do you really think the 5.2 uses the same block at the 5.0? It is a new casting.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang

Heads are new. Won't interchange with a regular Coyote due to valve spacing. At least that what was reported early on.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
Do you really think the 5.2 uses the same block at the 5.0? It is a new casting.
Either way it's a TiVCT. Nothing really new.

And the way they applied a FPC to this is very different from Ferrari or Porshe.

The intake plane is shared and thus treating our Americanized FPC as a single V8 rather than two 4 bangers joined at the hip.

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
I think the block is very similar. The heads are obviously different but a lot of the dimensions of the head bolt spacing and intake manifold flange look very very similar.
Sponsored