Sponsored

Why doesn't Ford just produce more GT350's? - Some light reading for the Newbs

fordpod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cadillac
Wow Hack 2 major qualifiers....
1) True ...Ford can make as many as they decided to but that's not the debate..its that they will, or will not....not that they posses the ability, or make as many as they want, the debate is will Ford saturate the market with GT350's
2) This is the biggest qualifier of all..Of course the demand could be met by Ford, but again that's not the subject of the debate...Few would doubt Fords ability to build the VOODOO to surpass the demand....But again would Ford? many say no....I guess we will see, I believe they have other dogs that can fight, and we will see them in a few years...:ford:
What a difference a day makes.

This morning the ADM drumbeaters claimed that there was no way Ford could ever build enough GT350s to meet the "demand". Now its: They could but they won't or err, ahh, duuuuhhh, probably won't. LOL. Pure entertainment. I really hope that no one that is new to this stuff is listening to these goons. What is so difficult about just acknowledging that Ford will build enough of these for everyone who can afford one and wants one as they have in the past with every single SVT offering. Seriously guys, what is so hard about that?
Sponsored

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod

This morning the ADM drumbeaters claimed that there was no way Ford could ever build enough GT350s to meet the "demand". Now its: They could but they won't or err, ahh, duuuuhhh, probably won't. LOL. Pure entertainment. I really hope that no one that is new to this stuff is listening to these goons. What is so difficult about just acknowledging that Ford will build enough of these for everyone who can afford one and wants one as they have in the past with every single SVT offering. Seriously guys, what is so hard about that?
No offense, but why are you seemingly so desperate to be correct...and validated?

None of us know better than Ford Performance. Relax and agree to disagree. It'll do your blood pressure well. :thumbsup:

bpracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2005 F250
:) It's not like the thing assembles much differently than the Coyote or any other ICE.
Well... the only reason that it might not be that easy is what it might take to scale the liner process for the engines. No cast iron sleeves in these motors. I've been told they use a similar process on the Ducati Panigale.

Is the voodoo the guinea pig for this process in production cars?
ptwa.jpg

OP
OP

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
Well... the only reason that it might not be that easy is what it might take to scale the liner process for the engines. No cast iron sleeves in these motors. I've been told they use a similar process on the Ducati Panigale.

Is the voodoo the guinea pig for this process in production cars?
No, it debuted in the '11 5.4L GT500 and was used through 2014. The Nissan GTR also uses it among others but it is not new to Ford.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

What is so difficult about just acknowledging that Ford will build enough of these for everyone who can afford one and wants one as they have in the past with every single SVT offering. Seriously guys, what is so hard about that?
I really like your optimism and I hope that you are right but do you know something that the rest of us don't?

Do you have confirmed upcoming production numbers for the 2016 GT350's and GT350R's and confirmation that there will be 2017 and 2018 MY's?

I sure would like to hear what source you are using for reference or is your optimism just pure speculation?

As far as building enough GT350's for everyone who can afford them as they have in the past do the following vehicles not qualify as Ford Performance vehicles and are you telling me that this is all of the production that the general public wanted for these vehicles?

2000 Cobra R - 300 built

2005 Ford GT - 2027 built

2006 Ford GT - 2011 built

2012 Boss 302 LS - 787 built

2013 Boss 302 LS - 765 built

Please don't tell us that Ford has or will build as many limited production vehicles as we want because that is just not the case otherwise the above production numbers would have been a lot higher than they were?
:cheers:

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
Maybe if fordpod read the complete thread or other threads where dealers can't get allocations etc he wouldn't be so obstinate. I don't want to pay an ADM but unfortunately it is the reality for 2016 MY GT350's for the majority of us especially if you have an R ordered. As I said in post #145 also below. Some opinion but much is fact.

But hey if we believe fordpod then dealers will get many more with allocations then Ford with orders because there is damn sure the demand even with ADM. Hmm...but dealers can't get allocations.

There are certainly GT350's available but 99% of those have an ADM that surpass the value perception of the marketplace. Time will fix that but while some wait patiently the dealers are working hard to sell those allocations at high ADM's. Look at the new Robb Report where a dealer is advertising 20K ADM on the GT350 and 50K on the R. Many dealers that are not being stupid (not justifying)with their ADM's are selling their allocations.

What is driving the perception of value?

The GT350 is a game changer with the IRS, FPC, etc achieving world class performance. We already know this car is not being compared to the Z28. It is already well beyond that. It is now being compared to Porsche's, BMW, Corvettes, etc. Never in my recollection has a Mustang been in those comparisons. Those discussions will only become more prevalent when the reviewers actually drive them.

Hence the market draw is unlike any previous SE Mustang driving demand higher than any SE Mustang prior. The '13-'14 GT500 had great hype and mostly lived up to it but the market draw was far more narrow. ALL the dealers in this state have waiting lists 30 deep. Sure some will move on but some will be persistent or wait and order the '17.

Some on here say that "I know of dealers that can't find buyers". Probably so at high ADM's that exceed the perception of value for the car. Face it if these cars were all sold at MSRP you think any would be available right now? Easy answer right...heck NO. I am not supporting the argument for ADM but it is the reality of today with this SE Mustang.

Last edited:

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor

Please don't tell us that Ford has or will build as many limited production vehicles as we want because that is just not the case otherwise the above production numbers would have been a lot higher than they were?
Ford intended to produce 4500 Ford GTs but only managed to sell 4038.....
In 2006, the Ford GT sold very slowly and dealers had to discount them to move them.

I remember used ones in the low 100s mark.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
^^^ The reason you can pull that car out of the hat is the economy was on the verge of the biggest bubble burst in history..(ours) Real estate etc.. everything was slowing don't....if you owned a business you most likely felt it for a good 5 years or more....The market is primed for a valued sports car.....the market now exceed the availability of a car like this and I'm convince Ford like others (i.e. Hellcat etc..) will keep the demand high and production low...it create a more livelier environment to sell cars in ..rather than haev cars setting on the lots...

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Damn you guys are making this obsession with the GT 350 tough. My head's spinning and I'm really getting lost in this thread. Who do I believe? Who's got real info? Do I call hundreds of dealers looking for low ADM or MSRP? Do I pay ADM? How much ADM should I pay? What if they don't increase production later? What if they do increase production later? Do I wait until spring and see if any are on lots and offer a lower ADM? What if there aren't any on the lots? Do I wait until 2017? Do I try to get on a 2017 list? Will I pay ADM in 2017? Dare I hope there is a 2018 MY? Will I have to settle for a used one? Decisions, decisions...Oh, wait, almost forgot I luckily have one ordered at MSRP. Sorry, never mind.:D

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)

:doh:

Nobody was saying that^. (Nobody!)
They were responding to your temper-tantrum of why Ford just can't immediately start building MORE.

And then these goons proceeded to tell you the reason why.

Nobody knows what the demand is, but we all know what the target production is roughly (5k).

If the demand is more, then people will have to wait.

If 15k people want one, then over a 3-year span, they will get one. Ford is not going to spend millions, and add premiums to their supplier (to rush them to make extra), nor are they going to juggle scheduled production of Fusions & Lincoln and other Mustangs just to meet demand of a low volume production car.

How you can not understand this is laughable. If Ford would, the cost of the car would rise, because it would interfere with the current production schedules of other cars & customers.

Everyone here has stated logical means, in which you refuse to understand.

The planning and contracts with Suppliers didn't happen yesterday, but 3 years ago. You seem to think because this car is WANTED now, that all of a sudden the signed contracts and logistics can immediately change because you are bothered.

LOGISTICS: the detailed coordination of a complex operation involving many people, facilities, or supplies.

And YES....

Ford will build enough of these for everyone who wants them... over a 3~5 year period, not in 1 year.

You want Ford Motor Co to spend millions to ramp up capacity to make 15k/year..? And next year only sells 11k GT350 with 4k sitting on lots..? With another 15k about to be produced...?

They will have to lay off all those suppliers and people and the CEO will get laughed at.

All because YOU are impatient..? :crazy:

Sponsored

vdavie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
The meltdown started in 08 really. I had no trouble finding my GT40 for MSRP before then.
Not sure why we are comparing the GT40 to the Shelby they are worlds apart. I think it's a safe to say these cars will not go up in value like the GT40. One of the reason the GT40 did is because a lot went over seas and a lot of folks didn't know how to drive then as they didn't have all the electronic safeguards that Most cars had. The ass end would come loose very easy. Anyway, history says unless many of these get wrecked there will be enough. I think the exception may be the R. Hell even with the originals Shelby didn't sell a whole lot had he not done the deal with hertz there would be a lot less. I'm old enough to remember when you could get them for next to nothing.

Vince

fordpod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cadillac
Maybe if fordpod read the complete thread or other threads where dealers can't get allocations etc he wouldn't be so obstinate. I don't want to pay an ADM but unfortunately it is the reality for 2016 MY GT350's for the majority of us especially if you have an R ordered. As I said in post #145 also below. Some opinion but much is fact.

But hey if we believe fordpod then dealers will get many more with allocations then Ford with orders because there is damn sure the demand even with ADM. Hmm...but dealers can't get allocations.
Why don't you do 20 minutes of research via Google and you will understand what happens with this stuff. It is abundantly clear that you are willing to pay a premium to get what you want when you want it. That is fine and your business. Please do not attack me or anyone else here for understanding how these scenarios always unfold. I will not pay an ADM and likely not even sticker at some point in the future as I have way more toys than I need and can wait on this one. There are many of us who will ultimately purchase a GT350 for significantly less than you will. This fact obviously causes you the need to promote an agenda where everyone else pays as you do. Get over it.

Derk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
2000 Cobra R - 300 built

2012 Boss 302 LS - 787 built

2013 Boss 302 LS - 765 built

I hate to keep this alive, but where are the other Boss Mustangs? Ford built more than 1500. What about the Mach 1?

Ford isn't going to let money set on the table. No, they aren't going to build 20k and let it sort itself out but a couple 1500 units isn't going to completely saturate the market.

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
I hate to keep this alive, but where are the other Boss Mustangs? Ford built more than 1500. What about the Mach 1?

Ford isn't going to let money set on the table. No, they aren't going to build 20k and let it sort itself out but a couple 1500 units isn't going to completely saturate the market.
What's listed above are true limited edition vehicles. In those cases, Ford elected to built small numbers, both for the sake of maintaining exclusivity and because they perceived fairly limited demand. But these are the top-most halo cars. OTOH, the Bullitt(s), Mach1, "mainstream' SVT cars, Boss 302 are more properly Special Edition cars.

Note that's Special and not Limited. Yes, the volumes are low, but not constrained for the sake of being exclusive. Rather, the market size at the price point drove the projected volume. And that's subject to market fluctuation or changes in (perception of) demand. The standard GT350 falls into this category, whereas the R could be arguably in the former.

fordpod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cadillac
Guys who point to the FordGT and scream about how "limited" the production was actually make the opposite point and are simply to uninformed and ignorant to know it.

Ford GT production was to be a total of 4500 units. Only 4038 were built due to sluggish sales. Production is "limited" by CONSUMPTION! What is so blasted difficult about that one? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_GT

Conversely, the 2007 GT500 had a huge pool of capable buyers giving Ford the incentive and logical reason to build 11,000 of them, 6,000 units above their initial "limited production" number of 5,000.

This is really simple stuff guys.
Sponsored

Last edited: