Sponsored

Who's got the new 2018 coming?

Fen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury GT Convertible with Magneride
Has anyone else been told that Ford Australia is going over the 2018 cars to check for specific problems?
My wife's was on the first boat to land in NZ and they took all of those cars to Ford NZ for 2 weeks for some reason. I only know because the salesman is a friend from a previous life so he told me as the official line was that the car hadn’t landed yet.

He said they did the same with the 2016 first batch also, so I *think* they just want to have a good look at what they are being sent before they release the cars and therefore probably only actually look at one example of each model / spec but hold the others until they've done that.

Other than that they held them for a period (which was less than 2 weeks in the end) the rest is speculation however.
Sponsored

Race Control

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT A Platinum Tri Coat
Awesome info Fen. Very special thanks.

Reactions: Fen

Fen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury GT Convertible with Magneride
[MENTION=30819]Race Control[/MENTION] - I just read your sig. I had a triple black 2001 e46 330Ci cab back in the day. Loved the car but mine was an auto and the best I managed was to retrofit an M3 SMG wheel to get paddle shift.

Are you saying the BMW is soon to be sold or that you have a 2018 Mustang convertible coming that you will sell as well as one you're keeping?

OP
OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT vert & 2018 Fury GT Vert & 2020 grabber Lime GT Vert
Hey guys, just an update, I will be receiving my new stang on Monday the 2nd of July at this stage, anything can change as we all know with new car release. My one is the only one that's getting released atm from my local dealer on Monday.

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Ruby Red Magneride/Recaro Seats
It seems that my car is due at the dealer today or tomorrow - how long does it take to get it ready ?

Sponsored

OP
OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT vert & 2018 Fury GT Vert & 2020 grabber Lime GT Vert
It seems that my car is due at the dealer today or tomorrow - how long does it take to get it ready ?
Hey mate, you wont get it till next week... ford wont release any cars till Monday 2nd. You should get it between Monday and Wednesday.

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Ruby Red Magneride/Recaro Seats
Car arrives at dealer tomorrow - he reckons Monday or Tuesday delivery.
He is going to ring me when the car arrives and I can go and check it out before they detail it.
He already has an Orange Fury 18 in the same spec that he reckons is pretty special

Bullant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Order 18 GT Fastback M6T Kona Mag Rec Forged
Car arrives at dealer tomorrow - he reckons Monday or Tuesday delivery.
He is going to ring me when the car arrives and I can go and check it out before they detail it.
He already has an Orange Fury 18 in the same spec that he reckons is pretty special
My delivery vessel the TAMERLANE is in Port Kembla right now and presumably unloading my mustang which is due for me to pickup about 5 JUL 18. I just got off the phone to my dealer who advised that 1 of the 18 mustangs without any accessories is being picked up by the new owner on SAT 30 JUN 18.

gMit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru BRZ
Does anyone know what the number in front of date in blend date represents? for example i have value 1 in front of 20180620 so full blend date is 120180620.

Thanks!

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I have just got back from my dealers yard where 3 MY18's are in. There was a black and an orange that I saw and the 3rd I didn't see. Both cars were auto GTs with spoiler and standard wheels. No other options. The black one was floor stock parked in the carpark so I got to explore the exhaust sound and new instrument panel.
They looked very nice and I didn't notice any bad panel alignment.

Sponsored

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
I have just got back from my dealers yard where 3 MY18's are in. There was a black and an orange that I saw and the 3rd I didn't see. Both cars were auto GTs with spoiler and standard wheels. No other options. The black one was floor stock parked in the carpark so I got to explore the exhaust sound and new instrument panel.
Hopefully the third one is in storage and not on display or i wont be happy.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
At the moment (except for the floor stock) they are in the holding yard across the road.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
How was the exhaust and digital dash?

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Back in 2016, I gave my dealer strict instructions that my car was to be off limits to tyre kickers before I took delivery.

He put it away out back and sent me photos as proof.

Now, if only he had obeyed my other instruction not to drill the bumpers......

:doh:

1c02415adbebf693989cc7448d19f1ff.jpg
Sponsored