Sponsored

Who has gone back to the factory resonator after installing an H or X pipe?

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Wonder if the Borla 60661 can be welded in between a FO X pipe?
I doubt it, there isn't enough real estate for that. The 60661 fits in place of the X pipe, I am sure a muffler shop could try though.
Sponsored

ToxicOverwatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado- extremely stock
I have one on my ATAK’s. I think with some very basic fab work it would work

88workcar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT wt Performance pkg
I do have active, it's going to stay. Wife with me/ wife stayed home is what I call it, lol

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
The Stock Active Exhaust is actually very hard to beat for tone quality and volume........if you try to modify either you will end with LOUDNESS AND RASPY SHARP EDGES but different exhaust tones and volumes are what individuals like as long as they can tolerate them during their time in the car!!

I said this before.......I installed a Steeda H-Pipe on my 2019 5.0 vert and removed it the next hour to return to the "mellow music" of the stock Stock Active Exhaust!!

russd32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusty
Vehicle(s)
'18 Roushcharged GT
I have the Steeda H pipe with a Steeda cat back and it's pretty loud. I wouldn't go back to a factory resonator but I have considered either switching catbacks or having some 12" resonators welded into the H-pipe

Sponsored

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The Stock Active Exhaust is actually very hard to beat for tone quality and volume........if you try to modify either you will end with LOUDNESS AND RASPY SHARP EDGES but different exhaust tones and volumes are what individuals like as long as they can tolerate them during their time in the car!!

I said this before.......I installed a Steeda H-Pipe on my 2019 5.0 vert and removed it the next hour to return to the "mellow music" of the stock Stock Active Exhaust!!
I would agree with you. The only reason I want to modify it is to remove the restriction of the stock resonator. That’s why I wish Magnaflow would bring back their resonated tru x resonator

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
I mean if you were going to complain about loudness you should’ve gotten an EcoBoost lol.

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I mean if you were going to complain about loudness you should’ve gotten an EcoBoost lol.
I love loud throaty muscle car exhaust tone but not a fan of the raspy exhaust tone from an x pie or h pipe

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I love loud throaty muscle car exhaust tone but not a fan of the raspy exhaust tone from an x pie or h pipe
The coyote itself generates a lot of the rasp, it’s just the nature of the engine. To my ear, an h pipe with the stock active mufflers sounds almost identical in tone to the stock resonator and stock mufflers, just louder. I believe WD Pro has a post showing a cutout of the stock resonator and it looks very h pipe-ish. But we all hear things a little differently.

Sponsored

RescueLt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Gt Convertible
I would agree with you. The only reason I want to modify it is to remove the restriction of the stock resonator. That’s why I wish Magnaflow would bring back their resonated tru x resonator
The factory resonator on my 21 is a flow through design, so really no restriction. I can’t speak for your 17 but I would imagine it’s the same. If you’re cool with the way it sounds, probably best to leave it stock.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
The coyote itself generates a lot of the rasp, it’s just the nature of the engine. To my ear, an h pipe with the stock active mufflers sounds almost identical in tone to the stock resonator and stock mufflers, just louder. I believe WD Pro has a post showing a cutout of the stock resonator and it looks very h pipe-ish. But we all hear things a little differently.
I know the Borla 60661 resonator I installed, when I looked down the pipes before installing you could see the honey comb piping thru the unit but down toward the bottom you could clearly see a crossover. It says it has an internal H pipe. I like the more I drive it. Made the car very quiet, but still has the nice deep tone that I love, rasp is gone :)

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The factory resonator on my 21 is a flow through design, so really no restriction. I can’t speak for your 17 but I would imagine it’s the same. If you’re cool with the way it sounds, probably best to leave it stock.
Thanks for sharing. I always thought the inside was more restrictive but it clearly isn’t. Makes sense for me to keep it stock since I love that throaty muscle car sound.

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Tried H, X and SwitchFire on my Bullitt.
Kept convincing my myself each one sounded better than the last but decided to go back to stock resonator and even though it’s quieter it definitely sounds better with its deep rumble sound.

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Tried H, X and SwitchFire on my Bullitt.
Kept convincing my myself each one sounded better than the last but decided to go back to stock resonator and even though it’s quieter it definitely sounds better with its deep rumble sound.
I agree. The X & H pipes don’t have that deep throaty rumble sound.
Sponsored