Sponsored

Who has aftermarket wheels like CCW, HRE, Forgeline...?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
[MENTION=24957]Minn19[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10791]TaraFirma[/MENTION], does the bronze color do a good job of hiding brake dust? I was thinking a color like this might be just about perfect for helping the wheels look cleaner a little longer.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
[MENTION=24957]Minn19[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10791]TaraFirma[/MENTION], does the bronze color do a good job of hiding brake dust? I was thinking a color like this might be just about perfect for helping the wheels look cleaner a little longer.
They really do. I haven't cleaned them in a while, but I need to.

Sponsored

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Here's a link to pictures of my HRE's in a charcoal gray color.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85176
The Charcoal color is perfect on Avalanche Gray!
Awesome to know you like that color, but I'm curious to know what style you're feeling. We can apply that particular powdercoated finish on any one of our wheels so now it's just a matter of picking out what style you think looks best.

If I can help out in anyway, let me know, I'm happy to help out and give you a suggestion if you need one :)

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
What TaraFirma said, I only have 150 or so miles on them, but they still look pretty good. My stock black ones would've already been very dull by now even in that time frame.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Awesome to know you like that color, but I'm curious to know what style you're feeling. We can apply that particular powdercoated finish on any one of our wheels so now it's just a matter of picking out what style you think looks best.

If I can help out in anyway, let me know, I'm happy to help out and give you a suggestion if you need one :)
FWIW, I wanted a set of your forged wheels (P101, P104), but I couldn't justify the extra $2500-$3000 for a set that was essentially the same weight, strength and reputation for what I got.

I'm not trying to start anything, but just give some constructive feedback from the market as to why a lot of people don't go with HRE. It doesn't seem like you get anything more except for you have to pay for the name.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome! I think that would look good on a white/blue car. Is it plasti-dip or powdercoat?
It's plasti, I wanted the ability to change the color if I feel like it or go back to stock if needed.

Sponsored

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
FWIW, I wanted a set of your forged wheels (P101, P104), but I couldn't justify the extra $2500-$3000 for a set that was essentially the same weight, strength and reputation for what I got.
We make a high end product that we know not every single person can afford so we understand not everyone will be as pleased to see how much our wheels cost. At the end of the day though, we produce a very high end product, and we have a huge following with the most awesome loyal customers, but the only way to decrease the price on our wheels, is to decrease our quality, and that is in no way what HRE stands for. We'll continue to produce extremely high quality custom made to order Forged wheels, and if you prefer another brand, that's fine too, we don't hate on other manufacturers, especially Forgeline, we like those guys. We're all good friends actually and help each other out from time to time.

Last edited:

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
It's plasti, I wanted the ability to change the color if I feel like it or go back to stock if needed.
Can you post up what colors/process (i.e. cans/sprayer) you used? I like that look a lot, and there are so many color options now that it can be hard to sort through. Thanks!

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
We make a high end product that we know not every single person can afford so we understand not everyone will be as pleased to see how much our wheels cost. At the end of the day though, we produce a very high end product, and we have a huge following with the most awesome loyal customers, but the only way to decrease the price on our wheels, is to decrease our quality, and that is in no way what HRE stands for. We'll continue to produce extremely high quality custom made to order Forged wheels, and if you prefer another brand, that's fine too, we don't hate on other manufacturers, especially Forgeline, we like those guys. We're all good friends actually and help each other out from time to time.
I kinda thought you would respond in this way. I'm not hating on your brand as I think HRE obviously makes awesome wheels and are easily one of the top brands. It was between you guys and Forgeline for me in the end.

Also a lot of us can afford them, but don't see what we are getting for the extra 2500-3000 over another set except for the HRE name. Can you tell us what I would've gotten in the P104s over my VX1Rs that I didn't get? I did a lot of research, besides HRE's better warranty I'm not sure what it is. Just because people have the money doesn't mean they don't want value for it either.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you post up what colors/process (i.e. cans/sprayer) you used? I like that look a lot, and there are so many color options now that it can be hard to sort through. Thanks!
I'll pm you. Don't want to derail this thread.
I may make a thread detailing the process too.
Sponsored